Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Opponent is having connection trouble"  (Read 1895 times)

Krarks_pinky

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
"Opponent is having connection trouble"
« on: July 13, 2013, 10:10:56 am »

Does this sometimes mean they closed their browser?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: "Opponent is having connection trouble"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »
+5

Yes, it can. It can also mean that your opponent has simply lost their connection and timed-out.

Goko used to treat time-outs and deliberate disconnects differently. When your opponent closed or refreshed his browser, it would give you the win immediately. But users found this policy convenient and reasonable, so Goko decided to change it. The new policy is to make you wait for two and a half minutes* before ending the game. If you also close/refresh before that time is up, Goko assigns the quit and the loss to whoever's turn it was.*

* I swear I am not making this up.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

matste

• Scout
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:35 am »

When you find out that you've lost your connection (chat isn't responding) is there a way to return to the game? There must be some reasoning for this 2.5 minutes.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:36:32 am »

When you find out that you've lost your connection (chat isn't responding) is there a way to return to the game? There must be some reasoning for this 2.5 minutes.

No. All you can do is wait and hope.

I usually get reconnected eventually, but it definitely takes longer than it should. I can often ping play.goko.com long before the game client recognizes that I'm back online. I suspect this could be fixed via browser extension, but it's one of the uglier sections of the Goko framework's code and I'm not touching it. :P
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.