Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Soothsayer vs Witch  (Read 2217 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
Soothsayer vs Witch
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:52:51 pm »

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130712/log.5062f3dc51c3843e7939eb9f.1373665679764.txt

This game seemed to have the choice of 2 cursers- Soothsayer or Witch. Having not played soothsayer much, I wasn't sure which was better, but thought the golds might be helpful. Seems I won easily, so makes me wonder whether Soothsayer is actually much better than Witch, when Witch is a pretty good curser? Or was it just good shuffle luck- I seemed to play my Soothsayer more often than his Witch, probably due to my Warehouses and spying away his Witch at least once.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: Soothsayer vs Witch
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »

Of course it's not better than Witch in general, but it's better in some situations. It's probably better in pure BM+X. Some simulator person can probably confirm. Though I might think Witch followed by Soothsayer is best.

The big thing in Witch vs Soothsayer is that the Witch player is going to get more 5s early, both because the Witch draws, and the Soothsayer allows the Witch player to draw. So unless Gold is a lot better than the 5s early on (which shouldn't be the case with things like Minion, Labs, Upgrade, possibly Soothsayer(!)), Witch is going to have an advantage. The Soothsayer guys is just going to be picking up Golds and 3s or 4s, which is good in pure big money or possibly with Warehouse, which was the case here...

Here your opponent spent his first 2 $5 hands on Noble Brigand and Silver, which is probably not a winning strategy. If those are Apprentice and Soothsayer, he's probably ahead.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:18:35 pm by HiveMindEmulator »

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Soothsayer vs Witch
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »
+2

Warehouse is a perfect partner card for soothsayer. All you need to do is cycle your deck and you get the gains and the attack.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.