Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21  All

Author Topic: ZM15: Time for Something Completely Different (Town wins!)  (Read 45182 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: ZM15: Time for Something Completely Different (Day 2!)
« Reply #475 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:08 pm »

I feel for you nkirbit.  Lynched twice in the same day, and neither one really your fault.  (And actually, both the fault of me getting powerroles.)

No, this one was entirely my fault.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

For what it's worth:

The entire decision to kill Sudgy was my idea.  We only had a brief period online together, and we chose Ash.  But, I had serious misgivings, and posted them in the QT, but Jimm was unfortunately at work and unable to stop me.  He was only able to post a brief message saying he would think about it, but was stuck at work too late to stop me.  Entirely my fault for switching.

The reason moving off Ash:

I convinced myself that killing Ash didn't leave us in a good position.  There would be an alive cop, who had the confirmed role of another player.  I talked myself into believe that the only way killing Sudgy or UoS would be worse than that was if the cop was left alive and they investigated EFHW, unfortunately, that was what happened.

I didn't think EFHW was an option because I thought Ash would protect her.  Who did you protect, Ash?

The reason I killed Sudgy, not UoS, wasn't because I thought Sudgy was any more likely to be the doctor Cop.  I thought that if Sudgy was the doctor Cop, he would be investigating EFHW for certain.  I wasn't sure who UoS would investigate.  It could be EFHW, but I also could have seen him investigating myself, or Jimm, or Sudgy.  So I killed Sudgy.  Obviously the wrong choice, and sorry for making it Jimm.  i panicked.

I think the 12 hour night is too short.  We had a complex decision, with a lot to go over, and with Jimm being in Australia and me in America, not enough time online together to talk it through.  We really could have killed anyone, and for each target, we had a different set of claims we would have to deal with.  I think if we had more time, I wouldn't have fucked up, be we didn't, and I did.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2013, 10:01:11 pm »

Congrats Town. Killing a VT last night really screwed us over. The night went from midday to midnight my time, and I left for work at about 12:30pm and got home after midnight. The sudgy kill was a total surprise to me when I got home. On the other hand, if he'd been the Cop I'd be lauding nkirbit's brilliance. Also, nkirbit, claiming VT was probably the worst thing you could do after Umbrage's claim.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 24, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

Boo Jimmmmm for stealing my hammer!

I protected Snow, for all the good it did.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 24, 2013, 10:02:38 pm »

I nominate UoS for MVP.  Ash was also quite V.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »

Congrats Town. Killing a VT last night really screwed us over. The night went from midday to midnight my time, and I left for work at about 12:30pm and got home after midnight. The sudgy kill was a total surprise to me when I got home. On the other hand, if he'd been the Cop I'd be lauding nkirbit's brilliance. Also, nkirbit, claiming VT was probably the worst thing you could do after Umbrage's claim.

Yeah, nkirbit needed to counterclaim UoS, then get lynched as the liar.  Still probably gets Jimmmmm killed, since UoS said EFHW was town, but it gave Jimmmmm a fighting chance.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 24, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »

For what it's worth, my thought process on who to investigate went:

nkirbit -> EFHW -> Jimmmmm -> EFHW -> Jimmmmmm -> EFHW -> Jimmmmmmm -> EFHW.  Am I sure? No. Fuck. EFHW.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 24, 2013, 10:03:32 pm »

Did my 3-cop claim plan affect your thinking on who the cop was, mafia team?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:14 pm »

Yeah, nkirbit needed to counterclaim UoS, then get lynched as the liar.  Still probably gets Jimmmmm killed, since UoS said EFHW was town, but it gave Jimmmmm a fighting chance.

At least if we had 3 people claim Cop, EFHW and ash would only theoretically have a 1/3 chance of getting it right.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:25 pm »

So I was right when I said that was a tactical error!  Huzzah.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »

At least if we had 3 people claim Cop, EFHW and ash would only theoretically have a 1/3 chance of getting it right.
We didn't need to guess who was the real cop, just who wasn't.  So 2/3 chance, worse than 50:50 from your perspective.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2013, 10:05:48 pm »

Yeah, it was Jimm, but I was in full on panic mode by that point. :/  I should have seen it coming, but it really was worst case scenario.

I don't think that I'm outarguing UoS, anyway.  I'm interested to see what he's going to be like as scum.

This game convinced me of LALL, more than anything else I've seen.  I didn't even lurk intentionally.  I went out that afternoon with Ash voting for me, and came back home with 2 votes each on Sudgy, Lio, and EFHW.  Lurked right through the possibility of being the Day1.

If we kill Ash, we go into Day2 with EFHW, UoS, and Sudgy as the townpeople, with UoS still having the cop result on EFHW.  Certainly a winnable situation, and a situation we should have been in.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:19 pm »

For what it's worth, my thought process on who to investigate went:

nkirbit -> EFHW -> Jimmmmm -> EFHW -> Jimmmmmm -> EFHW -> Jimmmmmmm -> EFHW.  Am I sure? No. Fuck. EFHW.

I was 90% sure that the Cop would investigate EFHW.

So I was right when I said that was a tactical error!  Huzzah.

Yep.

And I've just realised the game isn't technically over, so maybe I shouldn't be posting...

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:23 pm »

If we kill Ash, we go into Day2 with EFHW, UoS, and Sudgy as the townpeople, with UoS still having the cop result on EFHW.  Certainly a winnable situation, and a situation we should have been in.

On the other hand if we'd killed the Cop, we'd be laughing. Don't be too hard on yourself, you made a gutsy move, it just didn't work out.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2013, 10:08:03 pm »

Heh, actually, this is me in our QT.

"Plus, he [UoS] was second to claim cop, which seems right where the cop would want to be? Maybe?"

The reason I killed Sudgy was because it was an extremely slight read on UoS more likely being the cop, and as I said, I thought UoS was more likely to not investigate EFHW.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:26 pm »

We didn't need to guess who was the real cop, just who wasn't.  So 2/3 chance, worse than 50:50 from your perspective.

I should have claims a town cop result on you.  Then, you have to decide who is telling the truth, since you have to lynch two of us in three days.

It's 2/3 day2, but 1/2 day3, so 1/3 total.  That would have been better, although I think UoS still would have been the choice.  I think claiming first is the best when there are three claims.

Had we had more time to discuss this plan, perhaps we would have come up with "One of us immediately claims if this situation happens".  I should have done it after UoS claimed.  But ideally, once we see Sudgy was VT, we should have immediately claimed cop and a town result on EFHW.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:39 pm »

If it were me, EFHW, and Sudgy, I'd be pretty much calling a Jimmmm/nkirbit scumteam anyway, although I wouldn't have claimed.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2013, 10:12:25 pm »

Not really. I really did read sudgy's claim as genuine for a while, I guess I didn't have time to think things through at that point in time. I was confident it wasn't EFHW given how close she was to being lynched, so we just had to pick between Umbrage and sudgy. I think I would have leant Umbrage, but I didn't really have the time to think it through and make a decision.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »

Heh, I do like that a lot of the suspicion happened to fall on Jimm and I for lurking.  I can't speak for Jimm, but I wasn't intentionally lurking at all.  I was just out doing stuff!

I would have been on my phone, but I didn't want to be that jerk who was on his phone in the middle of a board game :P

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2013, 10:19:20 pm »

gg, everybody.  I think that's the first time I've ever seen town win in LYLO (I know it's happened before, but I've never noticed it).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2013, 10:20:08 pm »

Heh, I do like that a lot of the suspicion happened to fall on Jimm and I for lurking.  I can't speak for Jimm, but I wasn't intentionally lurking at all.  I was just out doing stuff!

I would have been on my phone, but I didn't want to be that jerk who was on his phone in the middle of a board game :P

You really can't win.  People in your boardgame would be more likely to attack you for messing around on your phone.  At least the people I play with tend to be that way.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2013, 10:20:42 pm »

I was in the same boat. I should have pulled out of the game as per my first pre-game post, but by the time I realised it was starting I'd already received my PM and would have felt bad delaying it.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

nkirbit was mafia goon.

town wins!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »

And hey, Liopoil, I'm sorry things got a little heated between us there.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2013, 10:24:20 pm »

Also, I saw the hammer vote and thought the game was over...  Sorry for posting before I was supposed to...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.