Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21  All

Author Topic: ZM15: Time for Something Completely Different (Town wins!)  (Read 45199 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: ZM15: Time for Something Completely Different (Day 1!)
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

oh I see. well, we are in trouble though. We made a terrible mistake that could easily have been avoided in so many ways.

scum!liopoil wants to appear worried. town!liopoil is worried. I don't know how you can differenciate between them.

I think this is the scummiest post of the game.

I just laid out why I think town is in great shape, and that my unfortunately forced claim actually helps us overall.

So I see this, and other posts following my claim, plus not unvoting, plus interactions with sudgy, as scummy.  These types of "oh noes what did we do!" strike me as building up towncred.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »

I will vote: liopoil.

That's two votes for him, so no more voting there.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:17 pm »

2.5 hours to dead line and nobody has anything to say?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2013, 07:38:16 pm »

Actually, I agree with Jimmmmm.  Vote: ashersky.  Either his plan was made before the game or he did to make himself seem like his town self, and he FoSed people who hadn't posted for a tiny bit.

These aren't reasons to vote someone.  You FOS'd nkirbit for not being on, did you not?  And because he could have made up the plan to seem towny, then therefore he did?  And Jimmmmm didn't vote Ashersky, or even find him scummy, so what is it you agree with?

vote: sudgy

I agreed with the whole don't worry about unique votes thing.  You didn't include the previous paragraph in the quote, that was explaining it.

Anyway, it's getting later into the day, so who to place my vote on...  I'll Vote: EFHW for not acknowledging things I've said (this previous thing, my reason the plan was bad), I know it's not much, but there's not much to go on right now.

Also, sorry, this deadline doesn't work that well for me, so I might not be able to post much more today.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2013, 07:51:20 pm »

I am checking in on my phone, but won't be able to be terribly active.

I see what ash is saying with Lio, but still have sudgy as the scummiest. What do others think of him?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2013, 08:04:53 pm »

I'm back, catching up now.  I'll be on until the deadline.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »

oh I see. well, we are in trouble though. We made a terrible mistake that could easily have been avoided in so many ways.

scum!liopoil wants to appear worried. town!liopoil is worried. I don't know how you can differenciate between them.

I just laid out why I think town is in great shape, and that my unfortunately forced claim actually helps us overall.

So I see this, and other posts following my claim, plus not unvoting, plus interactions with sudgy, as scummy.  These types of "oh noes what did we do!" strike me as building up towncred.
your post does make a good point in that in claiming you give our cop a better chance of hitting scum. I had not considered that. I am unsure as to whether scum should try to hit the cop tonight though, and if they should, then your claim probably hurts town. But yes, I am feeling slightly better about our position, except that people seem to be leaning towards lynching me.

I too will be on until the deadline. I think EFHW is by far the best lynch.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2013, 08:10:28 pm »

your post does make a good point in that in claiming you give our cop a better chance of hitting scum. I had not considered that. I am unsure as to whether scum should try to hit the cop tonight though, and if they should, then your claim probably hurts town. But yes, I am feeling slightly better about our position, except that people seem to be leaning towards lynching me.

Why EFHW?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2013, 08:13:25 pm »

I don't know why people are finding my not unvoting scummy (particularly ash and UoS). At the time of my not-unvote, there was no indication that it would matter. It was a mistake, but not one that was obviously going to hurt town. That is, I wouldn't do it as scum to try to hurt town because chances are it won't hurt town.

and like ashersky said, I now am not sure that claiming is bad for the doc, because it avoids the cop investigating the doc.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2013, 08:16:51 pm »

can we have a vote count please?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2013, 08:17:19 pm »

He's worried.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2013, 08:20:50 pm »

I don't know why people are finding my not unvoting scummy (particularly ash and UoS).

At the very least, it ended up being very anti-town.  You have admitted that.

What's scummy, I think, is that you explicitly pointed out that RVS votes were bad.  You explicitly stated that your vote on me was RVS.  You explicitly came up with a plan (good or bad, doesn't matter) to try to rectify the situation.

You did all three of those things while you were online.  You definitely could have (and should have) unvoted at the time.  I even asked you to.

That's why it is scummy.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2013, 08:26:35 pm »

why I think we should lynch EFHW today:

-lurking. I'm pretty sure she's still the lowest on the post count
-first to claim cop, encouraging others to do so too and so rolefishing.
-terrible reason for suspecting me:
Right now my tentative scumread is Liopoil, because he hasn't unvoted or voted everyone else, like he said he would, and for the bit of hyperbole in his first post.  Having a cop is great, but having one that can't be protected isn't super-awesome.

our cop is super-awesome. they should investigate scum and report back so we can win and stuff.

Also, scum got to talk during the confirmation stage.  It would be good strategy to put a couple votes on some players when it was easy and then say "whoops!".
uuhhh what? no hyperbole from me. Our cop is super-awesome. being macho is not much of a nerf. it nerfs the doctor more really. Consider him just like a cop in a game with no protective roles. still awesome. If he could be protected than the cop would be super-OP.
-terrible reasons for suspecting sudgy:
I'm finding sudgy scummier, actually, for declining the balance unique votes plan, putting Ash at L-1, and getting on the "UoS is tunneling" wagon. 
declining the balance unique votes plan was the correct move, as it was a bad plan, as shown by sudgy. I showed in my other post why I think he's town for putting ash at L-1, and why in the world is finding UoS suspicious scummy?

Vote: EFHW

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2013, 08:28:07 pm »

I don't know why people are finding my not unvoting scummy (particularly ash and UoS).

At the very least, it ended up being very anti-town.  You have admitted that.

What's scummy, I think, is that you explicitly pointed out that RVS votes were bad.  You explicitly stated that your vote on me was RVS.  You explicitly came up with a plan (good or bad, doesn't matter) to try to rectify the situation.

You did all three of those things while you were online.  You definitely could have (and should have) unvoted at the time.  I even asked you to.

That's why it is scummy.
where do you ask me to unvote while I am online?

the problem is, the actions you show above make just as little sense for me as scum.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2013, 08:29:17 pm »

why sudgy is a bad lynch:

towny: Sudgy

reasoning behind townread on sudgy: if he's scum, he's more aware about how he uses his vote. He wouldn't unvote promptly after realizing ash was at L-1, because if he was scum he would have already realized that and either wouldn't have placed the vote, or wouldn't unvote. (remember he unvoted 11 seconds BEFORE the claim). Also, he declined my plan, something that if he's scum he knows looks suspicious. plus my gut says he's town too :)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2013, 08:30:00 pm »

He's worried.
what?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2013, 08:34:28 pm »

I don't think EFHW's reasons for suspecting you and sudgy are all that terrible.  In fact, I don't think they're that far off from Ash's reasons, and Ash is pretty much a confirmed town.

And once again, the claiming cop thing doesn't seem any more like rolefishing than Ash proposing it or me jumping on it like a few minutes later or whatever it was, I don't see  that plan as rolefishing at all.  Wasn't the point for it not to be rolefishing?

Why else do you think EFHW is the best lynch?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »

Liopoil, the best way to clear this up: why did you not unvote Ash before you logged off?

You said you didn't think it would matter, but that isn't a reason, and obviously it did matter, and I know I think you should have worried that it would matter.  You seem perfectly likely to worry about other things that could matter but may not, hell you were the one to point out the potential for RVS votes to screw us down the line, so why did you not worry about it?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »

Vote Count 1.efhw

ashersky (0, u3):
nkirbit (0, u1):
UmbrageofSnow (0, u1):
Liopoil (2, u2): UmbrageofSnow, ashersky
sudgy (2, u2): nkirbit, EFHW
EFHW (2, u2): liopoil, sudgy

Not voting (1): Jimmmm

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch

[/quote]

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »

well, she said in her sudgy thing that he was suspicious of him for declining the plan, which is actually a townie thing and he had just shown why the plan was bad... in that post it seemed like she wanted to mislynch sudgy, but needed to come up with a reason to justify it.

her reason for being suspicious of me was that she thought I was exaggerating. 1) I wasn't exaggerating, and 2) why the hell is exaggerating scummy. If that's not a terrible reason I don't know what is.

apart from pushing too bad lynches for bad reasons, there's the lurking, and I do think that jumping on ash's plan was rolefishing, because ash's plan is bad.

and I am also slightly suspicious of UoS for buddying EFHW, but that's getting in the realm of calling the scumteam, and I don't believe in doing that D1.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2013, 08:42:44 pm »

So we have a three-way tie, with two of the three suspects both voting for me.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2013, 08:45:54 pm »

Liopoil, the best way to clear this up: why did you not unvote Ash before you logged off?

You said you didn't think it would matter, but that isn't a reason, and obviously it did matter, and I know I think you should have worried that it would matter.  You seem perfectly likely to worry about other things that could matter but may not, hell you were the one to point out the potential for RVS votes to screw us down the line, so why did you not worry about it?
I'm not totally sure, but it makes me feel pretty stupid. I wasn't really stressing about it because it shouldn't have mattered if people didn't run ashersky up to L-1, which was a mistake even if they do think that he's scum because of my RVS vote. Look, I can't justify why I didn't do it because there was no reason for me not to do it!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2013, 08:46:54 pm »

So we have a three-way tie, with two of the three suspects both voting for me.

and I am also slightly suspicious of UoS for buddying EFHW, but that's getting in the realm of calling the scumteam, and I don't believe in doing that D1.

These two lines are funny to me.  I think buddying one person specifically could be a scumtell in this game.  And that points to liopoil/sudgy more often than anyone else.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2013, 08:47:10 pm »

Ashersky has said he'd vote for sudgy, and I'm willing to switch to liopoil if needed, so I guess we need to hear from Jimmmmm, unless nkirbit or UoS decide to switch to someone else.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2013, 08:49:52 pm »

Jimmmmm, get in here and vote!

nkibit, you were active 13 minutes ago. this is the second time. get in here!

I'm suspicious of nkirbit for that alone, and then there's also his vote on the ash wagon which he shouldn't have placed because my RVS vote was still there.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.