Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Pandemonium - Expansion WIP Thread  (Read 47537 times)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Pandemonium - Expansion WIP Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2015, 01:31:46 am »

Rethinking "Cargo":

Degree
Treasure - $4
Worth $0
When you play this, trash a card you have in play. Gain an Action card costing exactly $1 more than it.

It's not worth anything, and it trashes all your money, and eventually you'll trash it to be something else.
strictly better than feast (which imo isn't really a bad thing for a card like feast, but generally frowned on for a card of the same cost)

I thought that too, but then I thought, the only time Feast ever gets used anyway is with Procession/Throne Room/King's Court, which don't work on Degree.  Also note that Degree is restricted to action cards.  Still, it doesn't feel right how favorably Degree compares to Feast, but maybe it's just sort of an Ironmonger vs. Spy thing.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2015, 02:05:28 am »

Rethinking "Cargo":

Degree
Treasure - $4
Worth $0
When you play this, trash a card you have in play. Gain an Action card costing exactly $1 more than it.

It's not worth anything, and it trashes all your money, and eventually you'll trash it to be something else.
strictly better than feast (which imo isn't really a bad thing for a card like feast, but generally frowned on for a card of the same cost)

I thought that too, but then I thought, the only time Feast ever gets used anyway is with Procession/Throne Room/King's Court, which don't work on Degree.  Also note that Degree is restricted to action cards.  Still, it doesn't feel right how favorably Degree compares to Feast, but maybe it's just sort of an Ironmonger vs. Spy thing.
Oh yeah, you're right. Well then, I like it. 

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2015, 05:28:58 am »

It's also not strictly better because Degree trashing itself must gain a $5 card.  Feast can gain things that cost less than $5.  Usually you don't do that, of course, but you can.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2015, 09:25:06 pm »

In practice, how complicated is "anywhere in your deck"?

It will end up being used for:
* Top decking
* 2nd from top decking (for cards like Wishing Well, Herald, Magpie)
* 6th and 7th from the top (if your next hand would make use of top/bottom deck)
* Clustering cards together for a big turn in a defined "pocket" of the deck (probably the bottom)
* Bottom decking as the next best thing to discarding

I don't think it will cause too much AP but I'm not a particularly good judge of AP.

I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on this issue. Personally I'd like a card that can make more use of the "Stash" effect.

If people like "anywhere in your deck", Outskirts' reaction will change to "+1 Card and put this anywhere in your deck".

If people don't, Prospector will change to "While this is in play, when you gain a card, put that card on the top or bottom of your deck", and Contrarian will become some other Courtyard variant.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:18 pm »

Also another thought

Mall
Action - $3
+2 Actions
+1 Buy
+$1
You may put this card on top of your deck.

A recurring engine piece, at the cost of a slot in your hand.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2015, 10:13:22 pm »

Once I'm back from my travels I'll make a new topic with card images. I'm not going to update the OP any more.

Changes to be made:

* My "Events" (deck of cards that do random things which effect everyone) will become "Headlines"
* Ambush, Fete, Patrol, Enchanter, Package and Pioneer will become Events just like in Dominion Adventures (Also there are 6 events, to match the 6 blanks in Dominion Adventures - just a coincedence).
* Not sure what to do with the other Singles. Baroness and Rival Markets are probably gone. I like Conflict and Fool, and any other singles will be of the "card that gets passed around" variety (for which I have a few ideas). I might even drop "single" as a card type.
* From my earlier posts, cargo will become Degree (worth 0, costs 4, only gains actions), and the "anywhere decking" will be unified.
* Repair's reaction will be changed to "Card with the same cost" (further adding to the name) and some other card (probably a card to replace "Whittler") will get the "card costing less" reaction.
* Oppressor's hand attack will become less specific, and might end up being an "everyone" effect (depending on how Contrarian ends up).
* A few name changes
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:14:55 pm by NoMoreFun »

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2015, 10:37:46 pm »

Possible idea:

Whittler
Action/Reaction - $5
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Gain 2 cards each costing less than it, putting one into your hand.
---
When you would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, instead, gain a card costing less than it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:43:18 pm by NoMoreFun »

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2015, 11:41:17 pm »
+2

I think Mall generates infinite coin (and buys and actions) with the card token on it.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »

I think Mall generates infinite coin (and buys and actions) with the card token on it.

This is correct. Back to the drawing board.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2017, 03:27:38 am »

Singles, Trinkets and "Events" have appeared in similar official concepts (Events, Heirlooms and Boons respectively). Looks like I'll salvage this expansion for parts and start again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.