Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: First Mad Man mega turn (with help from Merchant Guild)  (Read 959 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
First Mad Man mega turn (with help from Merchant Guild)
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »

Mega turns are one of my favorite things about Dominion.
With the new cards there are new opportunities.
My first Goons mega turn or HoP mega turn or Bridge mega turn were all pretty cool.

Now I can say I pulled off my first Mad Man mega turn: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130705/log.516d0e09e4b082c74d7aacc1.1373045810293.txt

I wasn't sure if I could do it even up until I was playing it.

The board sure didn't look great for an engine: The only +actions was Border Village, the only draw with Ghost Ship, Embassy and Oracle. The only trashing was Hermit. And the only +buy was the $5 Merchant Guild.

I was getting hammered by Lightbulb all through the game. The only think saving me was Ghost Ship slowing him down (a little) and Silk Roads that allowed the game to be extended a little (and Hermits that could pick up Estates for me to help out SR at the end of the game).

Oracle came in handy after I had turned my Hermits into Mad Men and I needed to get to the re-shuffle fast (basically discard everything, to turn it into an effective 4-card sifter)

I've never purchases so many Border Village -> Gain a silver before (because I needed the actions and had so many terminals)

Fun game. And great to see the power Mad Man can provide in a weak engine.
(Merchant Ship was nice too. Letting me buy three Hermits on one turn and use the tokens from the earlier turns to guarantee I could always pick up Duchies x [number of buys] every turn during the greening phase)

Came down to the wire in any case.

Ed

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: First Mad Man mega turn (with help from Merchant Guild)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:54:50 am »
+4

The thread title should have been "First Mega Mad Man turn"

I think BV/Embassy doesn't sound that bad for an engine, btw.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.