Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Goko update  (Read 4179 times)

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Goko update
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:49:40 am »
+4

In this topic I'll try to post the updates which Goko posts on getsatisfaction. In future, I might stop checking getsatisfaction. You can find the updates posted there HERE

copy-pasted from here: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/system_update_7_3_13

System Update 7/3/13

Tonight's update was:

* Fixed bug: Horse Traders didn't highlight as playable after returning from being set aside.
* Fixed bug: Mandarin was showing the card put back by the opponent and noting it in the game log.
* Fixed bug: There were 4 games in the Cornucopia adventures which could on rare occasions generate a Silver bane.
* Fixed bug: Reworked some games in the Hinterlands Act 3 adventure that had required cards from other sets to be purchased.
* AI improvements: Journeyman, Warehouse, Vault, Count, Horse Traders, Hamlet, Guilds trashers, and especially Secret Chamber
* Moved Continue button on results screen so you don't have to have chat closed to use it
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:06:47 pm by florrat »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Goko update
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:01:19 am »

* Moved Continue button on results screen so you don't have to have chat closed to use it
Awesome!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 07:03:43 am »
+7

Awesome! The only way this could have been better would be an additional:

* Fired person who put it behind the chat initially

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 07:06:08 am »

Probably they only tested it on the ipad.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 05:02:24 am »
+2

And I reported the Horse Trader bug on this website  :) (Then it was reposted)
Nope, I've reported that on getsatisfaction after seeing WW's video. Next time report that there by yourself.

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »
+6

copy-pasted from https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/system_update_7_23_13

System Update 7/23/13

I'm pleased to announce digital versions of the last remaining Dominion cards (I think our 239th and 240th!): Black Market and Stash. You can find them in the Promo Cards tab of the store, available for 100 victory tokens.

Changes in this update:

* Added Black Market and Stash
* Duchess and Jack of All Trades fixed to not show the card to opponent if you choose to put it back.
* AI: Improvements to Coppersmith, Forager, Tournament, Masterpiece
* Corrected Advisor help text message and other minor UI improvements
* Fixed problem linking from the promo cards in DeckBuilder to the store
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:42:02 pm by florrat »

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 05:14:24 pm »
+6

Judging from the upvotes, people find these updates useful (or were people just happy that Black Market was implemented?), so I'll try to post all future updates here as well (and I invite others to post them too, if you want cheap upvotes in an easy way :) )

I missed the following update myself until now, so it's a bit late. Link: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/system_update_7_23_14

System Update 7/24/13

We've updated the server to avoid illegal cards in the Black Market Deck. Also, fixed a bug where Deckbuilder wouldn't show that you now own something when you return from the store after having bought Black Market, Stash, or Guilds.

Here are some tips for Black Market:
* If the Black Market reveal window is blocking stuff in the supply you want to see, click on an inactive area inside it to make the window toggle its position.
* If you want to see what's in the Black Market, you can see that in the Game Log. Also, the button to show all the cards in the game will include cards in the Black Market deck.

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 06:08:09 am »
+6

Lots of updates in a short time!

Copy-pasted from https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/system_update_7_26_13

System Update 7/26/13

In this update, we're adding the ability to purchase the new promo cards -- Black Market and Stash -- using Gokoins. (You can still purchase them using Victory Tokens instead.)

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 03:04:09 pm »
+3

I'm not checking getsatisfaction so much anymore, that's why I missed this update the last few days. There seem to be a few good fixes in this update.

Copy-pasted from here

System Update 8/21/13

Fixed Black Market bugs:

* When you play Black Market the second time in a turn, you can't play treasures.
* Treasury could still be put on top if a victory card was purchased during a Black Market buy
* Shouldn't force you to click Put Back if there are no cards left in the Black Market deck

When you play a Jester in fast mode, you probably missed the revealed card and have to look in the log. If you are gaining multiple cards at a time and don't know the order, you might not know which card you are reacting to with Watchtower. To help with these kinds of issues, the status messages have been updated:

* Show the card that is being acted when playing Jester or Saboteur, or when reacting with Watchtower, Royal Seal, or Trader.
* Give more context to trashing reactions for Farmland, Hovel, and Hunting Grounds.
* Let player know his opponent is putting Stashes in his deck.
* Miscellaneous message improvements.

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:20 pm »
+2

So, the developers have been coding for a whole month, and the result: they changed one parameter in their code.

Copy-pasted from here

System Update 9/20/13

We updated the rating system so that it loses confidence in its estimate of your ability at a much slower rate. It's back to what it was originally. What this means in practice is that the rating you see will naturally decay at a slower rate, but also that the amount of points you can gain for a win will be smaller following a period of rating decay.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Watno
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:56:00 pm by florrat »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 02:28:48 pm »
+5

You're assuming they've been coding anything at all.

At this point I think Goko considers Dominion a finished product.  This bodes poorly for their future.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »
+5

Speaking of which, according to this interview the native iOS version of Dominion (or rather the html5/ios hybrid thingamabobber) was supposed to come out early September.

Look all I want is a fixed lobby system, that's all. One lobby for public games, one lobby for meeting up with friends. How hard is that?
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 03:48:09 pm »

You're assuming they've been coding anything at all.

At this point I think Goko considers Dominion a finished product.  This bodes poorly for their future.

I feel this is a bit unfair. While I'm convinced Goko suffers from a lack of competent staff, they are apparently working on apps for iOs/Android, and you can't just release half of such an app. (Ok, maybe they'll prove me wrong :P)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.