Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Candlestick Maker Mega-turn  (Read 676 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
Candlestick Maker Mega-turn
« on: July 03, 2013, 04:33:52 pm »
+1

One interesting thing about tokens is that you can put off greening a lot longer. Especially if you can consistently draw your deck and get enough buys.

Most engines start to fall apart as soon as they start greening. This is true most of all with Scrying Pool engines that need a very high density of actions.

While playing this game I realized I didn't need to green until I could end it all. There was little risk of piles ending, so on turn 16, when I had enough coin to buy 4 provinces I chose not to buy any. Then the turn was still able to draw my deck (even higher likelihood than the turns before) and had enough coin to buy all six remaining provinces.

I think the same may be true for Minion engines. Candle Maker lets you keep building a supply of tokens and you can save up and be relatively sure you can buy multiple provinces later in the game instead of picking them up one by one and watching your engine die.

I see now why DXV calls this the highest skill expansion.

Here's the game:
http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130703/log.516d0e09e4b082c74d7aacc1.1372883280723.txt

Ed
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.