Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Getting kicked to the main menu screen when your internet *reconnects*  (Read 1430 times)

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do

Why does this happen? I have `ping -t play.goko.com` open in another window, so I can see exactly what happens. The game freezes while my connection is down, for like, 10 seconds; then, when the connection comes back up again, rather than continuing the game, it kicks me out and gives me the main menu, and even has logged me out for no reason. How can this ever be good? If my internet connection is working, continue the game. If it isn't, why try to load any page at all?
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
+2

Goko hasn't implemented a way to track sessions. when you disconnect for any reason on the internet, computers don't automatically know that you prior to the disconnect is still you after the disconnect. It takes a little bit of coding to track that. Which obviously Goko hasn't done.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
  • Respect: +301
    • View Profile
+4

It takes a little bit of coding... Which obviously Goko hasn't done.

It seems like this is the answer to 90% of the stupid crap about Goko.

Their rating system being some reality-warping, madness inducing, brain-melting formula that Man Was Not Meant To Know accounts for the other 10%.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
+3

It takes a little bit of coding... Which obviously Goko hasn't done.

It seems like this is the answer to 90% of the stupid crap about Goko.

Their rating system being some reality-warping, madness inducing, brain-melting formula that Man Was Not Meant To Know accounts for the other 10%.

I'm pretty certain the rating system works something like this:

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

(This is the first thing that came to mind.  It turns out this is over ten years old now.  I grow old, I grow old; I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile

Why does this happen? I have `ping -t play.goko.com` open in another window, so I can see exactly what happens. The game freezes while my connection is down, for like, 10 seconds; then, when the connection comes back up again, rather than continuing the game, it kicks me out and gives me the main menu, and even has logged me out for no reason. How can this ever be good? If my internet connection is working, continue the game. If it isn't, why try to load any page at all?

You might get a more detailed answer if you ask on getsatisfaction.com/goko . (Might. No guarantees obviously.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.564 seconds with 20 queries.