Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]  All

Author Topic: WW's Power Rankings  (Read 234640 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: WW's Power Rankings
« Reply #750 on: July 06, 2015, 09:59:48 am »

Opening Monument is great when there's a good non-terminal .
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 07, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »

wow, thanks for the thoughtful replies everyone! 

HOW THE HECK DID I FORGET URCHIN???  think it was late at night when i made that post but still.  i think i've had maybe 1 or 2 games so far where you could safely ignore that card.  definitely makes an impact much more often than, say, forge or altar...and it's not like those are chopped liver obv.  urchin *has* to be top 50 at least.  BTW, is it just me or are $3 cards the most OP group relative to their cost?

pillage & native village were also ones i wanted to ask about.  i just figured i was really bad with native village and i almost certainly am, but it's just never screamed "top 50" to me.  there are a good number of topdeck-sorting cards, yes, but you don't always want those (helloooooooo, spy!).  and without that, i'm always scared to buy them at all.  storing away the one mountebank in your deck: not good times.

pillage...i dunno, it just seems like the attack is most likely to mean something at the beginning or end of the game.  getting pillage as your first $5 just feels like you're giving up way too much most of the time, and at the end with a deck full of green...takes a while to get the pillage in your hand, and you have a good chance of wasting it on a junk hand.  taking away the gold your opponent needed for the last province is sweet, but i'd rather just pick up a duchy at that point.

thank you again!

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 09, 2015, 10:57:22 am »
+4

I'd open Masquerade on a NV/Bridge board. It seems pretty unlikely that Herbalist/Pstone is strong on a board with Masquerade, I'm not even sure it beats Masq BM. It can probably speed up the Ironworks rushes as well, letting you pile out faster in a nonmirror. And it might help you win the Gardens/Silk Road split if it's a mirror.

200 years from now, when the interwebs are being excavated and the dust is swept off of this sentence, the archaeologists will find it untranslatable.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 09, 2015, 11:01:17 am »
+2

I'd open Masquerade on a NV/Bridge board. It seems pretty unlikely that Herbalist/Pstone is strong on a board with Masquerade, I'm not even sure it beats Masq BM. It can probably speed up the Ironworks rushes as well, letting you pile out faster in a nonmirror. And it might help you win the Gardens/Silk Road split if it's a mirror.

200 years from now, when the interwebs are being excavated and the dust is swept off of this sentence, the archaeologists will find it untranslatable.

Not if my brain in a vat is there to explain it to them!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.