Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: From zero to hero (no actions)  (Read 1348 times)

ponnuki

• Steward
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
From zero to hero (no actions)
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »

Under the following restraints:
* It's your turn in a 2-player game
* You start your turn with 0 points and with a 5-card hand
* You have no Durations out and no coin tokens available
* You play no Actions, and no Treasures other than Copper, Silver and/or Gold

What is the maximum number of points you can have at the end of your turn?

What was the maximum number before Guilds came out?

If I have found the right solutions, the numbers are 38 and 35, respectively

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
Re: From zero to hero (no actions)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:56:50 pm »

I can get 92 with guilds, 86 without.

Just have all of the kingdom cards (black market) and all of those other cards and whatnot, all of the curses, and and get rid of gardens, vineyards, colony, etc until you have zero points. Then buy farmland, trashing something costing four and gaining a fairgrounds.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: From zero to hero (no actions)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 04:31:11 pm »

Can't beat heron, but here's my answer: Your deck is Gold, Gold, Gold, Silver, Silver, Trader, Native Village. Trader and at least $8 worth of treasure is your hand. Overpay Stonemason for 6, gaining two Border Villages, gaining two Death Carts and 4 differently named Ruins. Trade one of the Ruins for a Silver. This makes your 8 Vineyards (they're on the Native Village mat) worth 3VP more each and your 7 Gardens (also on the NV mat) worth 1VP more each and your 8 Fairgrounds (also on the NV mat) worth 4VP more each and your 7 Feodums (on the mat) worth 1VP more each. That's 70 points. You have only 0 points in the beginning because Gardens and Fairgrounds don't count cards on your NV mat, they only count cards in your deck.

EDIT: My first answer would've been impossible due to 3-piling, but luckily fixing it only costs one point.
EDIT 2: No wait, I can do better than that! Though now the fix to the 3-piling problem costs 2 points ;__;

I also thought of abusing Horse Trader's reaction to start the turn with a 5-card hand and play the turn with a 6-card hand, but can't find a way to make it any useful.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:45:56 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.