Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A Room For Forum Members  (Read 2898 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
A Room For Forum Members
« on: June 28, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »
+1

I heard that we were trying to have forum members play in the Outpost Room. Obviously that's not happening. There's not enough people there to get the critical mass started.

But still we have the problem of SharkBait being in one room , Obi in another, and Stef in another.

It would be nice if "everyone" was in one place, so we could find each other easily. When I'm hosting and waiting, I can see that you are too and just join yours. And vice-versa. But at the same time, I'm not going to go into Outpost and just sit there.

So... Suggestion:
Gardens...

Gardens seems to be always relatively full, but never at the 50 person cap.
So it would be easy to jump into whenever you start. And if an f.ds person was there you could play. If not, it would be equally easy to find someone to play with if no one from f.ds is there.

Thoughts?

Ed

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: A Room For Forum Members
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »
+2

The problem with these proposals is that I have a really strong incentive not to follow them. I'll drop by Gardens/Outpost, sure, but when there's nobody there I want to play, I'm off to check another room. I'll probably be in the "official" f.ds room for a grand total of 10 seconds a day.

I don't think this problem can be solved by voluntary coordination. The only realistic solutions are:
1. Get Goko to fix their shit (okay, scratch "realistic")
2. Implement automatch or an alternative lobby system in the browser extension
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

heatthespurs

• Spy
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:23:15 am »

2. Implement automatch or an alternative lobby system in the browser extension

I am not an IT guy at all. Just wonder if it is really something possible to do?

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:06:46 am »

I guess the extension could possibly have a "buddy list" system, reporting your location to the same server that's hosting the custom avatars, and using those reports to tell you which rooms your "buddies" are in.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Fuu

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Fuu
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:51 am »

I think switching to Gardens is an improvement - as mentioned in the OP, at least you can get a game in Gardens.

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 03:42:54 pm »
+2

How about the extension default making you join Outpost or Gardens or whatever? Then we all end up there to begin with.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:07:57 am »
+1

I think a simplified "automatch" could be to have the extension include a friends list. There could be an option to search all the rooms for your friends and send them a little bubble or something if you want to play with them. Then we could just have a f.ds friends list...
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:47:08 pm »
+1

I just got thrown into King's court (Yes, the others were full...)

Part of the other problem with all this is that it doesn't always spit you back out in the lobby you came in off of. Usually it seems to, but not always...

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:12:20 pm »

Part of the other problem with all this is that it doesn't always spit you back out in the lobby you came in off of. Usually it seems to, but not always...
Yes it seems like it throws you out of the lobby you where while playing a game if it is full when you finish the game.
the few seconds where the leaderboard is shown with your point difference from the match you dont count as in a lobby. When a player joins the lobby you were in and its full when you return you get bumped down to another free lobby.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »
+1

Yes it seems like it throws you out of the lobby you where while playing a game if it is full when you finish the game.
the few seconds where the leaderboard is shown with your point difference from the match you dont count as in a lobby. When a player joins the lobby you were in and its full when you return you get bumped down to another free lobby.
:o Then...

what for are all those people currently in games filling those lobbies?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.