Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Innovation log prettyfier?  (Read 4733 times)

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Innovation log prettyfier?
« on: June 27, 2013, 04:13:31 am »
+1

To appreciate the tactical moves and details of an Innovation match it is crucial that the current stuation is revealed to the kibitzer. Personally though, I can rather reconstruct a chess match by looking at the score than an Innovation match. (Although it is easier to get the gist of an Innovation game by looking at the score than a chess game.)

Is anyone qualified and willing enough to work on a log prettifier the way we have in Dominion? I think the algorithmic reconstruction is easy thanks to the clear rules of the game, but the real chore is sufficient visualisation of the board. I have a hard time even playing unless I am sitting in front of a large screen.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Darthcaboose

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation log prettyfier?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

I don't think one can approach Innovation exactly the same way as one approaches Dominion. In quite a few Base games I have played, there is a point where players will convert from a score-based strategy for the numbered achievements to a focus on getting special achievements (perhaps encouraged by the appearance of a score stealer like Navigation, The Pirate Code, or Combustion). That might be a little hard to prettify or to represent abstractly.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:25:48 am »

I think the thing he's really asking for is, like the Dominion Log Prettifier has, an updating display of each player's tableau. It can be hard to know what a player's options are just from the raw log.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 03:19:57 am »

Yes, like the intermediate diagram you see in chess scores before the interesting move happens. Innovation board positions take much real estate (on the screen and on the table alike, for a pure card game it's outrageous), too much to have a diagram after each moves, but it would be nice to be able to include one in crucial situations (like theory's Vaccination that overmelded itself with the Fridge and melded his opponent Machine Tools).

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:23:26 am by ipofanes »
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.