Dominion > Dominion Articles

Combo: Scheme + Conspirator

(1/2) > >>

rrenaud:
Scheme seems like the perfect card to activate conspirators.  It will always be there when you need it, if you want it to be.

Activated conspirators are almost grand markets.

Has anyone tried this combo?  I like that the card names actually imply some synergy, unlike say, festival/library.

Battlestar Dilbert:
This is my first post as Dominion Strategy Forum member! After playing with this combo on isotropic today and not finding any thread about it already, I decided to make an account.

The strategy is simple: buy two Schemes and as many Conspirators as you want. Always top-deck your two Schemes and your Conspirators will permanently be changed to +2 coin +1 card +1 action. In the game I just played I also picked up a Trade Route to occasionally give me an extra buy and to get rid of my Coppers and Estates.

I'll have a log of the game tomorrow once councilroom updates. My opponent wasn't very good, but I think the strength of the combo still stands.

Epoch:
I guess the downside is just "you have to spend two buys buying cards that literally do nothing for you other than make your Conspirators work."

Seems like it would be strong but not spectacular.  Compare to buying cards instead that are less frequently there but actually do things other than make Conspirators work -- worse average turns, better spike turns.

I feel like the lack of +buy on Conspirators is actually a surprisingly big negative compared to GMs.

rinkworks:

--- Quote from: Epoch on October 25, 2011, 03:38:04 pm ---I feel like the lack of +buy on Conspirators is actually a surprisingly big negative compared to GMs.

--- End quote ---

It definitely is.  I love Conspirator, but a lack of +Buy will make me think twice about trying to chain them too hard.  However, if I can slip in a Festival, Worker's Village, Hamlet, Market, or Grand Market (the last easily obtained with a Conspirator deck), then that's my play.  It helps that those also help activate Conspirators in the first place.

Haven't tried Scheme + Conspirator, but I'm looking forward to it.

jonts26:
Welcome to the forum.

I think this combo has lots of potential of being great.

Unfortunately, it appears you were just a little bit slow in getting this out as another thread of the same topic popped up almost simultaneously. I'd recommend going over there to post your game once it comes up and join in the discussion.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=865.0;topicseen

Editor's note:  Threads now merged

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version