Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I almost outraced provinces...  (Read 1381 times)

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +344
    • View Profile
I almost outraced provinces...
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »
+1

Vineyard, Develop, Great Hall, Philosopher's Stone, Armory, Feodum, Pirate Ship, Festival, Margrave, Saboteur

I had absolutely no clue what I was doing.  Eevee and I both admitted that it was our first time buying Feodum.  I wasn't even sure about going feodum until I saw him do it so I felt obliged to contest.  My only plan was to try to make the game last as long as possible and try for alt vps.  The philsopher stones gave big $ but I probably couldve avoided them since I did not plan to buy provinces.  I wish I'd have had another margrave but I didn't want to leave it at only one left.  Saboteur was just hoping to get lucky, I figured hitting the silvers would still be ok.  Silvers were a threat to be emptied buying them one at a time which I've never seen.  My buys switched around trying to prevent him from running piles. There was a turn where I was one vp away from winning.  Stretched it to 35 turns and I ended with a 66 card deck haha!  I still don't know what the best plan for this board is.  Thoughts?

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130626/log.5158def5e4b0ee7f08a599e4.1372287484237.txt
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:21:34 pm by Obi Wan Bonogi »

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: I almost outraced provinces...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »

I think with foedum/develop you should be looking to develop out a couple of foedums and put good cards on top of the deck. This will boost the score from any remaining foedums and leave you well placed to score with provinces. Maybe this means you can play to get foedums earlier and the silvers later, giving you more control of key cards.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »

With Develop for deck trashing, you can build a pretty nasty engine with Margrave, PS, and Sab.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:52:16 pm »

This was such a fun game! Really impressed with how close you got.

lespeutere

• 2012 German Champion
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:43 am »

I am a little surprised you haven't got more vineyards?! Am I missing something? Armory lets you topdeck potions and you can even trash them with develop into GH/MG or GH/festival or whatever.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 12:04:35 pm »

I am a little surprised you haven't got more vineyards?! Am I missing something? Armory lets you topdeck potions and you can even trash them with develop into GH/MG or GH/festival or whatever.

I played a game with Armory, Vineyards, and two villages (Wandering Minstrel and Walled) and it was hilarious.  Early on, Armory for Armory and WM.  It gets very easy to play multiple armories to set up the next turn for multiple armories as well.  Later on, Armory for Potions to buy a Vineyard each turn (while gaining even more actions).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.