Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kingdom Visualizer  (Read 9860 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Kingdom Visualizer
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:59:19 am »
+48

Tool for quickly visualizing a kingdom and copying the images into forum-friendly BBCode: gokologs.drunkensailor.org/kingdom

Just enter the log url and it'll spit out something like this:

... along with the BBCode for your game report posts:

Code: [Select]
[center]
[img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/f/f6/Silk_Road.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/2/20/Horn_of_Plenty.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/3/37/Mystic.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/d/dd/Royal_Seal.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/6/60/Saboteur.jpg[/img]
[img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/3/3f/Vagrant.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/7/74/Ambassador.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/b/b2/Doctor.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/8/8a/Fortress.jpg[/img] [img width=100]http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/images/6/65/Quarry.jpg[/img]
[/center]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 12:59:22 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Visualizer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »
+1

Maybe you should cap the image width field? I know people can do their own bbcode if they really want to, but I also don't know when someone would ever need this:

Also, would it be possible to make the images be links to the pages on the wiki for the cards?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:28:04 pm by Drab Emordnilap »

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »
+1

This is awesome. Great job and may you have many +1s.

Note that on Young Witch boards, the 11th card is left off.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:23:33 pm »
+2

Maybe you should cap the image width field? I know people can do their own bbcode if they really want to, but I also don't know when someone would ever need this:

You just did.  :D
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 12:29:27 pm »
+1

Also, would it be possible to make the images be links to the pages on the wiki for the cards?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 12:30:16 pm »
+12

This is awesome. Great job and may you have many +1s.

Yeah, you need to add a next page button.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 12:43:34 pm »
+4

Good catch. Fixed.

Done.

There's also the problem that I'm linking to the wiki images and those could change over time. I don't want to host the images myself since these posts will probably outlive my server too. Can anyone suggest a reasonably permanent place to find or put the images?

Blueswan

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 06:10:12 am »

Great work again!  :D

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 12:53:00 pm »
+1

You and this are amazing. This is a great fit for this thread I'm doing.

...it would be super-awesome if this somehow incorporated the availability of Platinum/Colony and Shelters in the display.

Also, if someone played a game IRL and wanted a picture for it, maybe a way to manually input the kingdom cards? I suppose they could just make a solitaire game on Goko and link the log, but you know...

Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 08:21:06 pm »
+1

The link in the opening post needs updating.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:04:58 pm »
+1

The link in the opening post needs updating.

Thanks. Both urls work now.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 06:36:48 pm »

Bug report: In the BBCode, the links of the cards in the bottom row are wrong. (Example. Click on any of the cards in the bottom row)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:38:14 pm by florrat »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:16 pm »
+1

Bug report: In the BBCode, the links of the cards in the bottom row are wrong. (Example. Click on any of the cards in the bottom row)

Fixed now. I can't do anything about the existing posts that were generated with the buggy code though.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »
+5

It would be awesome if below the images for the kingdom, it printed a little [ code] box that contained all of the names of the cards in a format that can be read by the Kingdom Selector part of the Goko Salvager. That way, if you want to try out a kingdom after reading posts like this, it's as easy as copy-paste instead of writing them all out.

I don't know if the Kingdom Visualizer code is somewhere that I could contribute to, but I imagine this is an easy change, so if you point me to the code I'd be happy to try to do it myself.

Example:

Vagrant, Ambassador, Doctor, Fortress, Quarry, Silk Road, Horn of Plenty, Mystic, Royal Seal, Saboteur

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 07:36:19 pm »
+1

It would be awesome if below the images for the kingdom, it printed a little [ code] box that contained all of the names of the cards in a format that can be read by the Kingdom Selector part of the Goko Salvager. That way, if you want to try out a kingdom after reading posts like this, it's as easy as copy-paste instead of writing them all out.

I don't know if the Kingdom Visualizer code is somewhere that I could contribute to, but I imagine this is an easy change, so if you point me to the code I'd be happy to try to do it myself.

Example:

Vagrant, Ambassador, Doctor, Fortress, Quarry, Silk Road, Horn of Plenty, Mystic, Royal Seal, Saboteur

I found the code on GitHub and coded it up, and put in a pull request. I don't know if that's how you do things, but it's worth a shot!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 08:02:51 pm »
+1

Example:

I found the code on GitHub and coded it up, and put in a pull request. I don't know if that's how you do things, but it's worth a shot!

Works great! Thanks!

And yes, contributions via github pull request are perfect.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »

Works great! Thanks!

And yes, contributions via github pull request are perfect.

Sweet, I tried it out and it works! What fast service!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.