Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Butcher/Baker/Rebuild  (Read 2208 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Butcher/Baker/Rebuild
« on: June 21, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »

Dunno if game reports for Guilds should just be in game reports, but I just finished my first ever game of Guilds.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130621/log.50f26f04e4b0943021c7d35e.1371856092404.txt

I didn't really know what I was doing... I haven't played much Dark Ages either so Rebuild was new to me as well. But I managed to win buying nothing but Baker, Butcher, and Rebuild. They really combo well, because Butcher can turn Duchies into Provinces as well with Baker's help. I even turned a Silver into a Province at once point. No idea how Familiar would play on this board if either of us had gone for it early, but by the time he got one it was too late.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:22:56 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
Re: Butcher/Baker/Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:02:42 pm »

I'm not convinced; let's suppose it's not a problem to always play Baker first, since that's a cantrip and you expect to see it about as often as Butcher, although Rebuild cycles enough to make that not guaranteed. Even so, Butcher turning Duchy into Province isn't better than doing it with Rebuild - Butcher is terminal, and you need to draw it with your Duchy, whereas Rebuild is non-terminal and only needs to be drawn with not all of your Duchies. Add to that the fact that instead of Baker and Butcher, you could have had two more Rebuilds (or Duchies, if that pile is nearing its end), and the whole thing just sounds worse than straight Rebuild.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:37:55 am »
+2

Rebuild is a power card to the point where i think it spoils the fun. I'd be surprised if Baker/Butcher/Rebuild was better then Rebuild alone. With a hand of Rebuild/Rebuild, you can actually make a Province out of an Estate. No matter your hand, Rebuild will (almost) always cause a shift of at least 2 VPs. So yeah, i think that's all there is to it. God, i hate that card.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 08:26:50 am »
+1

I think Rebuild would be fine as a terminal.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.