Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Possession Spiral  (Read 1032 times)

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
The Possession Spiral
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:36:36 am »
+1

The idea of a multi-Possession game is to get a few Possessions going and then trash your entire economy. Until today, I'd never actually seen players successfully do it. And then, I had this 21-turn, 2-hour marathon of death.

There are obvious mistakes made, but the important part is this: fuck Possession.

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130619/log.505c85050cf27cdcceaba6ca.1371710022168.txt

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: The Possession Spiral
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 11:45:02 am »

The real problem is the lack/misunderstanding of Possession etiquette. This game was over by T13. Hell, by T17 you had more than half the VP in the kingdom! Still your opponent stuck it out for... what? Another 45 minutes and 16 effective turns?

I've played with microman and I think he's a nice guy, but his sense of propriety was misplaced here. Letting your opponent play out a winning combo might be considered polite, and fighting out a losing slog is at least tenacious, but dragging out a scorched-earth Possession game is just shabby.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
Re: The Possession Spiral
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:14:20 pm »

The real problem is the lack/misunderstanding of Possession etiquette. This game was over by T13. Hell, by T17 you had more than half the VP in the kingdom! Still your opponent stuck it out for... what? Another 45 minutes and 16 effective turns?

I've played with microman and I think he's a nice guy, but his sense of propriety was misplaced here. Letting your opponent play out a winning combo might be considered polite, and fighting out a losing slog is at least tenacious, but dragging out a scorched-earth Possession game is just shabby.

Normally you'd be right and I'd have chewed him out over it, but I don't think either of us knew the score since this was during the time that the log viewer was broken.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.