Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Disappearing Actions Bug  (Read 2008 times)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
Disappearing Actions Bug
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:37 am »

I played a game with vineyards, and at the end of the game 6 action cards were gone from my deck.  I only noticed because i had point counter on, and i had 50 points on there, and when the game ended i had 40 instead.  Fortunately it didn't affect the outcome.   Between my last turn and the end state of the game my deck lost 6 action cards 3 Gold and a Potion.  Has anyone seen something like this before?  Any guesses at what the bug is that would cause this?  Also should i report this to goko somehow? 

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130616/log.50775a4a0cf28ed55d9d6fd3.1371442802778.txt

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing Actions Bug
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:56:45 am »

Did your opponent resign before you finished your turn? If he did, the final deck doesn't include any cards you have in play, which accounts for the missing cards.

This shouldn't matter in 2 player, because the leaver gets an auto-loss, but in 3 player this could affect the end rankings if someone quits early.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 01:33:01 am »

Yes, the opponent resigned. When someone resigns, the game ends immediately, and cards that are somewhere else besides your deck don't get returned to your deck for scoring. It suppose it's a bug in the end-game display, but not a particularly high-priority one since it'll never change the outcome, just annoy people trying to analyze the game a little.

eliegel34

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:06:02 am »

That's interesting. Thanks for the help.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 05:43:14 pm »

I thought you were going to post about the other disappearing actions bug. You rarely cannot play any action cards despite the action counter correctly showing you have more than zero left. The treasure cards in hand are flashing to be played but the actions cards are not.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 05:45:07 pm »

Never happened to me. Are you sure you're not accidentally clicking the "done" button to end your action phase?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 08:09:10 pm »

Absolutely. It's a rare bug that's been there since beta and happened last week.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 08:30:03 pm »

I thought you were going to post about the other disappearing actions bug. You rarely cannot play any action cards despite the action counter correctly showing you have more than zero left. The treasure cards in hand are flashing to be played but the actions cards are not.

I think this happened to me once. At the time I thought I just misclicked the "End Actions" button, but deep down I knew I didn't do so.

eliegel34

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 01:46:05 am »
+2

Wow, it's really not a good sign we need to talk about which of the different disappearing action bugs I'm posting about. Thanks goko.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.