Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cards That Combo With Tunnel Reaction  (Read 28009 times)

mDuo13

• Baron
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
Re: Cards That Combo With Tunnel Reaction
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 05:59:05 pm »

YW/Tunnel is quite insane. Simulating this beats just about anything (but I noticed a little bug that excess terminal actions are discarded before the tunnel)

what play rules do you recommend for this?  single tunnel and single young witch?  i've only played one game with the combo (my first game with it, back during the week tunnel came out) but i ended up with a few of each and i think i made a mess of it.

You know, that would explain a lot. The first couple games I played with Tunnel both had YW, and I thought they were being dominated by the Tunnel, but then I found that many other combinations that *could* activate the Tunnel tend not to do so fast enough... yeah. Some decent Tunnel enablers I've seen are Cartographer, Oracle (one of its few notable points), and Warehouse, but it seems like all of them pale in comparison to YW. The YW's filter effect helps you dig to the golds you're gaining by discarding the Tunnels, and the cursing makes it much harder for your opponents to counterattack... It's a doozie alright.

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 04:26:55 am »

I added a default bot to the simulator: Tunnel/Young Witch. I tweaked it a little and buying X Tunnels and X+1 Young Witches works great.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 07:48:22 am »

YW/Tunnel is quite insane. Simulating this beats just about anything (but I noticed a little bug that excess terminal actions are discarded before the tunnel)

what play rules do you recommend for this?  single tunnel and single young witch?  i've only played one game with the combo (my first game with it, back during the week tunnel came out) but i ended up with a few of each and i think i made a mess of it.

You know, that would explain a lot. The first couple games I played with Tunnel both had YW, and I thought they were being dominated by the Tunnel, but then I found that many other combinations that *could* activate the Tunnel tend not to do so fast enough... yeah. Some decent Tunnel enablers I've seen are Cartographer, Oracle (one of its few notable points), and Warehouse, but it seems like all of them pale in comparison to YW. The YW's filter effect helps you dig to the golds you're gaining by discarding the Tunnels, and the cursing makes it much harder for your opponents to counterattack... It's a doozie alright.

And of course the curser slows the game and makes Gold a much harder target than usually, so when you get them for free by the tunnels that will help you a lot...

Rabid

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Rabid
  • Respect: +643
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

Just played a game with tunnel + adventurer  + steward + festival.
Not sure how good the combo is but was very fun :)
Twitch
1 Day Cup #1:Ednever

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »

I still have trouble associating Tunnels with diggers/hunters. When you bought your first Adventurer I was wondering why, given you didn't even have a Gold yet. Then you bought a Tunnel, and I was like, "Oh."

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 10:26:24 am »

I had a game recently where Tunnel was the Bane card for Young Witch. It was... completely scripted. One of those rare instances where I really wished I was 2nd player so that the other guy (20 levels below me) wouldn't have the opportunity to mirror me upon realizing how completely obvious my opening Tunnel buy was. Though on the plus side I did still win ;)

olneyce

• 2011 DS Champion
  • Respect: +210
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2011, 12:35:38 pm »

I had a game recently where Tunnel was the Bane card for Young Witch. It was... completely scripted. One of those rare instances where I really wished I was 2nd player so that the other guy (20 levels below me) wouldn't have the opportunity to mirror me upon realizing how completely obvious my opening Tunnel buy was. Though on the plus side I did still win ;)
That's pretty bad luck for you opponent.  Through 9 turns, you've done basically the exact same thing and have almost identical decks, except you've got 6 more golds.

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2011, 01:28:56 pm »

That's pretty bad luck for you opponent.  Through 9 turns, you've done basically the exact same thing and have almost identical decks, except you've got 6 more golds.
Yep. Total mirror match (modulo minor stuff like Caravan and Pawn) since there was simply no other conceivable way to go other than YW/Tunnel. When both players are doing the same thing it comes down to luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.652 seconds with 20 queries.