Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Chapel Cost?  (Read 20568 times)

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
Re: Chapel Cost?
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 02:09:50 pm »

It seems very reasonable to do identical starting split without the ordering of the Coppers and Estates being the same.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 05:09:46 pm »
+2

What if you started with identical hands, but your other five cards begin in the discard rather than the draw pile?  In particular, it would usually be possible to draw your t1 purchase right away.

*twitch*

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 05:28:09 pm »
+3

Talk about having a huge difference between 5/2 and 2/5!

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 05:59:44 pm »

Actually colliding or not colliding Chapel with your opening terminal is probably more important than opening Chapel/$5 or Chapel/$4. And they collide quite a lot of time, while Chapel/$5 isn't very frequent. Therefore, I don't think Chapel being $2 instead of $3 or $4 makes things too luck-based.

Isn't the issue that if Chapel costs $3 and you get a $2/$5 split, you are stuck with $2/Chapel? The difference between Chapel/$4 and $2/Chapel is bigger than the difference between Chapel/$4 and Chapel/$5, especially if there aren't any other $2s on the board. So because Chapel is not the kind of card you want lots of, the $2 price is actually perfectly reasonable despite its power, just like  "If this is the first time you've played this card this game, each other player gains 5 curses" would also be properly priced at $2

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2013, 07:19:03 pm »

Actually colliding or not colliding Chapel with your opening terminal is probably more important than opening Chapel/$5 or Chapel/$4. And they collide quite a lot of time, while Chapel/$5 isn't very frequent. Therefore, I don't think Chapel being $2 instead of $3 or $4 makes things too luck-based.

Isn't the issue that if Chapel costs $3 and you get a $2/$5 split, you are stuck with $2/Chapel? The difference between Chapel/$4 and $2/Chapel is bigger than the difference between Chapel/$4 and Chapel/$5, especially if there aren't any other $2s on the board. So because Chapel is not the kind of card you want lots of, the $2 price is actually perfectly reasonable despite its power, just like  "If this is the first time you've played this card this game, each other player gains 5 curses" would also be properly priced at $2
Yes, that's the main issue. I was just saying that the opening is not even the most important way in which the current Chapel causes lucky draws being especially powerful or unlucky draws being especially weak.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2013, 07:35:57 pm »

I was just saying that the opening is not even the most important way in which the current Chapel causes lucky draws being especially powerful or unlucky draws being especially weak.
Super Duper Chapel: Chapel/Copper/Estate/Estate/Estate, and next turn buy a Witch. Oh Snapel: Chapel/Copper/Copper/Copper/Copper, next turn decline to buy a second Chapel.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2013, 07:36:52 pm »

MM, Trading Post - Cluckattack opening against a 3/4 player.  Deliciousness.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2013, 07:42:25 pm »

"If this is the first time you've played this card this game, each other player gains 5 curses"

MM, Trading Post - Cluckattack opening against a 3/4 player.  Deliciousness.
Or being player three...
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2013, 09:26:56 pm »

Chapel
Action - $4*
Trash up to 4 cards from your hand.
----------------------
This costs $2 less if it is past your 2nd turn of the game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:30:03 pm by Axxle »
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 01:59:24 am »

Church
Action - $2

Trash up to 4 cards from your hand.
----------------------
When you buy this, gain a Silver. Skip the Action and Buy phases of your next turn.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2013, 02:13:26 am »
+17

Chapel - $2
Trash up to 4 cards from your hand, and stop complaining.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2013, 10:14:28 am »

Talk about having a huge difference between 5/2 and 2/5!

But you have an identical starting hand.  So yeah, in some games we both start with $5.  In some we both start with $2.  And there is no randomness triggered before we make a decision, aside from player 1 buying a Noble Brigand.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2013, 11:58:13 am »
+2

Chapel - $2
Trash up to 4 cards from your hand, and stop complaining.

Confessional - $2
Trash up to 4 cards from your hand, then complain about the luck factor of strong early trashing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.