Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wandering Minstrel's revealing  (Read 3824 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Wandering Minstrel's revealing
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:49:49 pm »
+1

Probably too obvious for me to realize it.
After your revealed the action cards you drew from WM, do you have to put them on top of your deck one after the other or can you do this all at once?
Or to ask this differently: Are the cards you put on top of your deck still revealed while doing so?

This matters as your opponent knows the order of your cards. Let's say one of the revealed cards is a Horse Traders and you play one cantrip afterwards. Knowing if you have a Horse Traders in hand next turn is important.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Re: Wandering Minstrel's revealing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »

I think Goko has this wrong.  They all go on top of the deck at once.  I've noticed this too before but never bothered to mention it because it doesn't make TOO much of a difference.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:58:02 pm »
+1

I agree with sudgy. Goko should probably fix the public discarding first, which is a much bigger deal.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 05:03:17 pm »

I agree with sudgy. Goko should probably fix the public discarding first, which is a much bigger deal.

Aren't Wandering Minstrel's discarded cards revealed anyway?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 05:30:14 pm »
+2

I meant discarding in general, when you discard more than one card at once. Revealing every card on those cases is a pretty huge deal.

Riftman

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 07:19:20 am »

I meant discarding in general, when you discard more than one card at once. Revealing every card on those cases is a pretty huge deal.

Another problem with private/public information is Duchess: after your opponent performs spy part, for a split second you can see what card he/she leaves on top.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 07:38:33 am by Riftman »

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 11:31:48 am »
+1

Knowing if you have a Horse Traders in hand next turn is important.

I think you want to play almost any attack regardless of whether he has HT in hand. The only general exception I can think of is a dead Sea Hag. There are of course countless specific exceptions, but their co-occurrence with a Minstrel revealing a HT + playing another cantrip is so rare that I don't expect to run into it once during the rest of my life.

They've already stated that they don't consider this to be much of a problem and do not intend to fix it as it would require a major rewriting of their code (yes, don't ask).

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:35 am »
+1

I think you want to play almost any attack regardless of whether he has HT in hand. The only general exception I can think of is a dead Sea Hag. There are of course countless specific exceptions, but their co-occurrence with a Minstrel revealing a HT + playing another cantrip is so rare that I don't expect to run into it once during the rest of my life.

They've already stated that they don't consider this to be much of a problem and do not intend to fix it as it would require a major rewriting of their code (yes, don't ask).

It's a rewrite they should be doing in general, for both simultaneous trashing and simultaneous discarding.

Lord Humanton

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +240
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:48 pm »
+2

Another problem with private/public information is Duchess: after your opponent performs spy part, for a split second you can see what card he/she leaves on top.

This used to be a bug, but I have previously fixed it.  If you can see a card for a split second, it is what the opponent chose to discard.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 11:53:25 pm »
+5

It's a rewrite they should be doing in general, for both simultaneous trashing and simultaneous discarding.
Now that I've seen the interfaces of isotropic and Goko, I think the best way to do trashing/discarding is to select the cards in your hand, then click a button to complete the decision. Why? Like isotropic, no need to make a bunch of server round-trips, with the cards moving about in your hand; also, it makes it less easy to click something by mistake compared to Goko. But like Goko, you get to choose cards by picture instead of name, which is a lot less error-prone than isotropic's text choices.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 09:21:58 pm »
+1

I have Militia and Scavenger in hand, with no village or draw; I would prefer to attack you but if you have Horse Traders I will settle for looking through my discard pile. That is, even if it's true that I always want to play an attack, it doesn't follow that I don't care whether you have HT: I might want something else too, and have to choose between them.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:56:38 am by amalloy »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.