Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Counterfeit  (Read 13398 times)

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Counterfeit
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 10:48:58 am »

Counterfeit + igg is not a thing at all. IGG is generally best when you want copper. There's no special advantage from trashing an igg instead of copper. Maybe a third card, like rogue, could make something from it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

Counterfeit + igg is not a thing at all. IGG is generally best when you want copper. There's no special advantage from trashing an igg instead of copper. Maybe a third card, like rogue, could make something from it.
Well, especially if you want Copper, Counterfeit is basically a Gold with +buy when paired with IGG.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 04:23:06 pm »

Just as a rules clarification, isn't it possible to get two Coppers in your hand by Counterfeiting an IGG? I know three-piling with Duchies is usually the way to go, but that would enable you to get Province with either 3 Copper or 1 IGG + 1 Copper in your remaining hand.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 05:30:13 pm »

Just as a rules clarification, isn't it possible to get two Coppers in your hand by Counterfeiting an IGG? I know three-piling with Duchies is usually the way to go, but that would enable you to get Province with either 3 Copper or 1 IGG + 1 Copper in your remaining hand.

it's certainly possible, but counterfeit and IGG still just equals 5$ (igg, igg, copper, copper, counterfeit) if you choose to take 2 coppers. two igg are 4$ (igg, igg, copper, copper) and you don't lose the igg, which is a good thing. so, since both cards are 5$ and duchies are 5$ too, i doubt you'll ever want to pick counterfeit over igg in an igg mirror... you probably never want to pick up counterfeit in an igg mirror save for edge cases
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:50:05 pm by silverspawn »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 05:45:24 pm »

it's certainly possible, but counterfeit and IGG still just equals 5$ (igg, igg, copper, copper, counterfeit) if you choose to take 2 coppers. two igg are 4$ (igg, igg, copper, copper) and you have one less copper, which is a good thing, and don't lose the igg, which is also a good thing. so, since both cards are 5$ and duchies are 5$ too, i doubt you'll ever want to pick counterfeit over igg in an igg mirror
If having $1 less and no Copper is a good thing, two IGGs are $2, not $4.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 10:51:36 am »

it's certainly possible, but counterfeit and IGG still just equals 5$ (igg, igg, copper, copper, counterfeit) if you choose to take 2 coppers. two igg are 4$ (igg, igg, copper, copper) and you don't lose the igg, which is a good thing. so, since both cards are 5$ and duchies are 5$ too, i doubt you'll ever want to pick counterfeit over igg in an igg mirror... you probably never want to pick up counterfeit in an igg mirror save for edge cases

Yeah you're right. . . . once again underscoring the fact that Ill-Gotten Gains mirror matches are boring, unfun games.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.