Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]  All

Author Topic: Room 25 II - Prisoners win!  (Read 35800 times)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: Room 25 II - Final Round!
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »

I programmed my move like 2 days ago...let's win this thing. :)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2013, 08:57:05 am »

Waiting for hyramgraff to program, though it does seem to be a foregone conclusion.

Unless…

Where is that rule for the super-secret double-double agent traitor?
A man has no signature

hyramgraff

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 04, 2013, 01:06:47 pm »

Actions programmed.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 04, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »

Welcome back to the exciting conclusion of Room 25. One way or another, the game draws to a close.

First, Theorel goes. He runs into Room 25. No surprise there. With the majority of surviving players in Room 25, we would normally reveal the identity of mail-mi, but he's been very helpful in doing that for us.

It's hyramgraff's turn. Does he screw over the group and push Theorel right back out? Nope, doesn't look like it. Instead, he's controlling the room. He could still screw over the group. Where on earth is hyramgraff going to move the room?
A man has no signature

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 04, 2013, 03:15:48 pm »

Yes, quite right. I thought hyramgraff was still online, so I wanted to let him savor the moment where he announces that he moves the room out. He's not online yet, so I hope he doesn't mind pushing things to the conclusion. There are no more secrets. So here's the final act:

And with that, the room sails out of the complex, free from the nasty prison. The air smells so much better out here already.

Mail-mi stands alone in the prison, looking forlornly at the escaping room. He only has the corpses of Tables and TwistedArcher to keep him company.

There is an ominous alarm, and a garbled voice reverberates throughout the prison, "Attention. Attention. Immolation to commence in 10 seconds. Ten….nine…eight…you know what, forget it. Activate!"

And the whimper is cut off.
A man has no signature

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Room 25 II - Prisoners win!
« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »

Congrats, prisoners!!

I've been watching this whole game with great interest and would love to join if/when it revs up again.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2013, 03:49:28 pm »

Damn, so close as well. I hadn't been following very closely since my death (Which still was a big shock to me, since apparently hyram predicted what I would do before I'd even decided what was best), but thought the guards had a pretty good chance. Oh well.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 04, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »

:'(
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:42 pm »

wow, I thought we were dead.

We looked pretty much everywhere before we did room 25... and still won. I think this might be a bit too easy? I dunno, I felt like the guards played well, and we messed up a bit.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 04, 2013, 04:54:44 pm »

Turns out starting the same direction as both guards didn't go well. Oh well!

Good job team!

hyramgraff

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 04, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

Go team prisoners.  And many thanks to Theorel for stepping as a replacement and then doing all the brain work for round -2 to secure the win.

I was quite surprised that mail-mi was the last guard.  I was expecting it to be anyone but him.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 04, 2013, 09:42:48 pm »

It was tight, if mail-mi had done move/control (into Room 25) instead of control/move we would have lost.  I was hoping that since I had already mentioned the control down for insta-win that he'd take it.  But then I thought he wouldn't because I had mentioned it.  I was back and forth all over the place there.  But by the time I told lio/hyram program the control/move I had decided.  I don't think I could have made it work with a move/control on my part after that.  I just needed the WIFOM of what I would do to push mail-mi into controlling.  (I also hoped that he would be reluctant to reveal Room 25 for us, which is what finally pushed me over the edge).

I think it's probably a bit easier PbF because you can plan out moves.  Face-to-face there's no way I could have done as much trial and error for the final move to figure out one that worked.  I'd probably have just programmed the move and lost the game :)

mail-mi certainly had me fooled here as well.  I think I accused both hyram and liopoil but never mail-mi, until it was necessary that he be the guard.

If he'd said that whatever room he checked was Room 25 we probably would have lost because we'd have believed him over whoever's room he checked.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2013, 12:40:27 am »

Congrats, prisoners!!

I've been watching this whole game with great interest and would love to join if/when it revs up again.

It's been fun modding the game. I'm sure there will be a third game. I'll make sure you have an /in. I'll place priority on new players, but if there aren't enough new players to fill the game, I would gladly take some repeats.
A man has no signature

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 18, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »

Well done guys, interesting read. Thanks Kuildeous for moderating and sorry again for my disappearance.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]  All

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 20 queries.