Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47  All

Author Topic: roguelike games  (Read 272828 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
Re: roguelike games
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2014, 01:04:03 pm »
+1

Yep, definitely did that...idk
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2014, 06:33:30 pm »
+1

My general plan in most runs is to never take red heart damage. So I try really hard to get soul hearts early, usually by blowing up the special rocks. In devil rooms, items I'll look for are Mark, Pact, Brimstone, and Spirit of the Night. (Brimstone is only worth it with the Brimstone glitch, or with Poly/Quad/Triple Shot.) I used to not like Nail, but I'm coming around to it. Sometimes, I'll take Dead Cat, but that's only when it's not a big hit to me (like if I have 2 heart containers left, then it effectively costs 1.)

I also used to auto-take Spirit of the Night, but I'm starting to take Mark and Pact over it for the damage and soul hearts. There's also the issue where Spirit doesn't help you as much in the final floors, the layouts aren't as easy to exploit. My goal for every run is to get down to no red hearts + a lot of soul hearts for Polaroid, and to get enough damage to clear rooms quickly. I'm really awful at dodging enemies, so it's easier for me to play when I kill things before having to think about dodging.

Priorities for me are: Soul hearts > orbitals > damage > tears > health up (prioritized higher earlier so that I can afford devil deals, goes down after I get a couple nice items.) Flight is nice if I get it, but I'd take damage first unless I already have a lot of damage.

For active items, it's really what I can get. Unicorn + Gamekid are nice for the rooms I really don't feel like dodging in. Book of Rev/Nail are good for soul hearts. Book of Shadows is good for the endgame, but I'd rather have a good farming active before then. Paw is amazing if you get it at the right time, but I never do. (Unlocking more devil items didn't help.) Most actives I don't care about.

My priority would be like flight or source of soul hearts (and enablers, afterwards)> 2nd red heart > speed (unless high) > damage, and then it gets murky.
Flight is just so good. It allows you to avoid so much incoming damage, it effectively works as a source of soul hearts by itself (since it saves so many of them). AND it effectively increases your economy by allowing to reach chests/beggars that are closed in (pits, rocks or spikes). It pays for itself if you receive it by early depths, even forgetting about the whole "can't touch this" factor. It's one of the reasons why I am ready to pay for the ladder, even though it's somewhat rare to finish a run without a source of flight.
The second red heart is just because playing with only one red heart is obviously very dangerous (Judas, Samson), too many things can kill you because of random bad luck.
And speed because not getting hit (necessary to unlock the devil room) is simply impossible if you can't outrun your enemies and get out of the way of projectiles fast enough.

I think the only offensive active item I ever consider keeping (or buying!) is the candle. It's innate recharge ability makes it good for clearing normal rooms, and being able to use it more than once per room helps inmensely against a lot of bosses. Plus the way the fire propagates is different from the way your tears do, opening tactical possibilities, so it stays relevant even if you've got high tears and damage. I wish all the damage dealing items recharged themselves automatically, then a lot of them would actually be usable, unlike now, where finding an active item in a treasure room is like "ugh". I mean, of course I won't mind too much getting, say, the Necronomicon, but I know I'll have to drop it sooner or later, while passives will simply stay. Oh well.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:40:06 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2014, 09:08:51 pm »
+1

Considering the init file is a very small txt file, why not just share yours with walrus, heron? just a suggestion. 

I currently have a webtiles run with a wanderer minotaur of Nemelex Xobeh.  One thing about webtiles is that you have to play slow, or else you'll die from lag, but on the other hand, you play slow anyway, it leads to some thoughtfulness.  With micromanaging and solid armor my character has scarecly fallen below half health since the Nemelex piety got going.  It's challenging my thinking about how much of MiBe's power is solid stats and headbutts, and maybe the beserkers are strong/fast when you measure in real time, but maybe not in turns taken time.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2014, 06:48:51 pm »
+1

So, after all this Cjs and Tms and VMs and whatnot, I decided to go brainless and do a MiFi.
So Gods are good and D:4 I find an artifact plate mail! (+7, rN+, nothing to write home about but extremely good D:4 drop).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »
+1

Note:

If you find a vault (vault is non-random room within a dungon) with 3 ugly things and a human wizard, with two rooms behind, and in one room is loads of very good jewelry, DO NOT open the room behind that. It has many abominations of all sizes and is deadly, I had to blink out.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2014, 07:41:46 pm »
+1

Seeing all the people talking about DCSS here, I decided to give it a try. After a couple of random tries dying by D3 (Naga Death Knight killed by a unique at the Sewers yay), I decided to read the wiki a bit, and rolled a MiBe.

Managed to reach D13, saw the entrance to the Orc Mines a while before that, but decided to try the Lair first, as said in the wiki. Didn't see the entrance at all. On the way there, I quaff a couple of potions of mutations and a potion of beneficial mutations. The first two turned out to be a bad idea, but the last one gave me the evolving trait, which over time gave me some kind of random mapping through walls, one extra AC, and carnivorous, and I was still evolving when I died.
I didn't have any spectacular equipment I think (+2,+3 battleaxe, right before I died, was the best I found for weapons, aside from a +2/+1 (unknown) whip of electrocution from Pikel, which I didn't use since I wasn't training flails and I didn't know how good the electrocution part was; also a +1 dwarven chain mail). Even then, I was pretty much going on a rampage, and I didn't even have to berserk to survive (I did use Trog's hand, maybe too often, though)

So there I went to D13. Didn't like the first stairs down (open zone and plenty of ranged enemies), so I try a second one. Quite open too, with some kind of unique necromancer, but since undead don't follow you across the stairs, I decide to make a stand. I cut through the undead minions, retreated to safety to heal, go back down the stairs again, kill the necromancer, go back up the stairs since pretty much the whole level is around me by then. Around 30 hp. Start resting. "It" hits me. I try hitting it back, but it moves randomly, don't really know where it is. Use a scroll of fog, it stops attacking me. The moment the fog dissipates, it comes back for more. I try to run. It runs faster than I do. At some point I manage to lose him. And I guess it's here where I do a mistake: I quaff a heal wounds and rest a short time, and go back to kill it before it regenerates too much, instead of just sprinting (or using my teleport wand, which I had forgotten I had) to the third set of stairs (I had to go through it anyway, no stairs where I was). At that time I hadn't understood yet how utterly random its movements were, and how fast it could pursue me, and the fact that it wouldn't turn visible at all. I die shortly after to the Unseen Horror.

A learning experience, I guess.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2014, 08:34:25 pm »
+1

Yeah, Unseen Horrors are a bitch without see invis. I just skip floors with them, most of the time. :s
Evolving is an awesome mut, you get 75% chance of gaining a good mut each time you evolve, one of my best chars had that.

Speaking of good chars, I had quite a luck so far:
http://pastebin.com/0dBxQ1aC

+1/+5 Triple of A-M is god gift, and is awesome.
+4/+5 flaming Great is god gift, that I re-branded, and it's use is for hydra slaying.
+0/+8 ring of slaying is gravy.
+9 Plate of +3Str +3Dex is not shabby.
Legendary deck of summoning is something that I didnt use before, but can't NOT be useful.
Amulet of faith is not going anywhere until I really need corrosion or something.

Edit:
YASD, didn't notice Sonja had draining, pretty much got ~20 negative skill levels, than a few more from maurice. I was getting slowsly back, but I was so bored and annoyed that I berserked into death. Meh.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:02:26 pm by Grujah »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2014, 03:17:37 am »
+1

webtiles is soooo slow, i don't understad how the majority of players say they prefer it to local just because it has trunk.

After hours and hours of play, I got the serpentine rune of zot.  2 more to go.  Stuff is getting harder, I think Nemelex doesn't scale well, he's kinda midgamey.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »
+1

Tried some short-lived fighters (orc warriors are dangerous, ID-wielding without scroll of remove curse is stupid), then tried a Kobold Berserker. The beginning wasn't particularly easy, but as my short blades and dodge skills went up, I started surviving most stuff, berserkering when necessary (I was always engorged starting from D8 or so). I eventually branched into sneaking, evocation and throwing (50+ tomahawks of return from the Bailey), and the best short blade I received from Trog was a +1/+8 quickblade, which was nice by then. Did all Lair but the last level, and I was carrying a ton of wands around. I even had boots of flying.

6h30 in, died to a centaur warrior in D13 who snuck on me as I was trying to kill an electric eel. Three arrows, around 30 hp each, 8 hp left (there was some lag with webtiles, otherwise I would have reacted after the second arrow). My instinct reaction is to check my scroll list. Read a scroll of fear, he's not impressed, so I blink-scroll out of his view. An electric eel that was out of reach of my fear scroll snipes me. I had two invisibility potions on me.  :'(

PS: a bit tangential, but for something systematically marked as easy, electric eels are notoriously dangerous, since they don't follow you around corners...
PPS: found a +5/+7 falchion of electrocution with MR++, evoke invisibility, intelligence +2. Shame that falchions aren't short blades.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:27:03 pm by pacovf »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +531
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2014, 05:45:23 pm »
+1

Electric eels are really dangerous without rElec. I usually just avoid them if I can if I don't have rElec, not usually worth the effort to kill off.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »
+1

I note which floor the eels are on and go back and kill them once i get rElec because it's 90% reduction.

I just died on D14 or some such with 2 rune.  Disappointing.  Was exploring new floors of the main dungeon to get the Drain I acquired in the vaults to wear off. maybe I should have just scummed for that.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 07, 2014, 10:34:17 pm »
+1

Tried some short-lived fighters (orc warriors are dangerous, ID-wielding without scroll of remove curse is stupid), then tried a Kobold Berserker. The beginning wasn't particularly easy, but as my short blades and dodge skills went up, I started surviving most stuff, berserkering when necessary (I was always engorged starting from D8 or so). I eventually branched into sneaking, evocation and throwing (50+ tomahawks of return from the Bailey), and the best short blade I received from Trog was a +1/+8 quickblade, which was nice by then. Did all Lair but the last level, and I was carrying a ton of wands around. I even had boots of flying.

6h30 in, died to a centaur warrior in D13 who snuck on me as I was trying to kill an electric eel. Three arrows, around 30 hp each, 8 hp left (there was some lag with webtiles, otherwise I would have reacted after the second arrow). My instinct reaction is to check my scroll list. Read a scroll of fear, he's not impressed, so I blink-scroll out of his view. An electric eel that was out of reach of my fear scroll snipes me. I had two invisibility potions on me.  :'(

PS: a bit tangential, but for something systematically marked as easy, electric eels are notoriously dangerous, since they don't follow you around corners...
PPS: found a +5/+7 falchion of electrocution with MR++, evoke invisibility, intelligence +2. Shame that falchions aren't short blades.

+1/+8 quickblade is awsome at any point of game. If you get it branded with a nice brand (distortion, elec, venom), it is a weapon to keep till endgame.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:10 pm »
+1

Got both Samson runs down. Beat Chest with a super ridiculous start, Brimstone + Book of Revelation on Basement 1 thanks to a Joker card, and lots of Tears Up and 3 orbitals. Sheol run was pretty ridiculous too, Dead Cat + Brimstone + Guppy's Tail + Lord of the Pit + 3 orbitals + Poly. Never touching Samson again, wow is he an awful character.

Just Common Cold plus the no damage achievements left. I would have gotten the Depths no damage achievement if I hadn't fought Bloat on Depths 1 and got hit instantly as the fight started.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2014, 07:16:27 am »
+1

+1/+8 quickblade is awsome at any point of game. If you get it branded with a nice brand (distortion, elec, venom), it is a weapon to keep till endgame.

Yes, but the heavy armoured enemies simply ignored the damage from it. And a Goliath Beetle qualifies as heavy armoured. A flat damage brand can deal much more damage to some enemies, and Trog worshipers can't get their weapons branded (unless they pray to the RNG and use tons of brand scrolls, I guess). I mean, don't get me wrong, I was laying waste to pretty much everything on my way (even hydras, which surprised me when I was forced to stand my ground against one in the Lair), but some enemies took forever to go down, and my dodgy berserker kobold didn't really want fights to go on for too long...

Currently trying a Demonspawn Necromancer whose heritage insists that he wants to get up close and personal. Let's see how that goes.

Got both Samson runs down. Beat Chest with a super ridiculous start, Brimstone + Book of Revelation on Basement 1 thanks to a Joker card, and lots of Tears Up and 3 orbitals. Sheol run was pretty ridiculous too, Dead Cat + Brimstone + Guppy's Tail + Lord of the Pit + 3 orbitals + Poly. Never touching Samson again, wow is he an awful character.

Just Common Cold plus the no damage achievements left. I would have gotten the Depths no damage achievement if I hadn't fought Bloat on Depths 1 and got hit instantly as the fight started.

How did you manage to get Brimstone on Basement 1? Did the boss give you an extra heart container, and then you used the Joker card? If that's the case, then yeah, getting the book of revelations too is completely nuts. Shame about missing the third Guppy object on that Sheol run. The flies from transforming to Guppy are absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and yeah, the thing I hate the most in this game (after Samson, of course) is Bloat. And he somehow appeared one time out of two in my runs. I just viewed it as a soul heart toll to get to the Depths II. I think no other boss was so proficient at consistently harming me, he's got nearly no tells, and the greeting beam is recognized as a bug.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:26:51 am by pacovf »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2014, 05:16:48 pm »
+1

I didn't get a health up, abused the starting soul heart to let me live with -1 heart containers, then used Book of Revelations to have 1 Soul Heart going into the next floor.

The full event list was
Floor 1: Open Secret Room, get 9 coins. Get Joker Card, use it to get Brimstone. Get Judgment card, beggar gives Book of Revelations.
Floor 2: Treasure Room contains Lucky Foot. Get Devil Deal, buy Mark to go to -3 heart containers. I had 2 soul hearts, lost them all, then got back 1 from the Mark, so it ended up pretty cheap.

Proceed to get lots of Tears Up pills, a couple Pretty Fly pills, a Fortune Telling Machine to farm soul hearts from...
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2014, 06:38:55 pm »
+1

Oh, I thought that it was impossible to get two Devil Rooms in a row, unless the second one is because of the Joker card. Nice use of the soul hearts to get the items for cheap, though. Book of revelations from the beggar, and lucky foot on the next floor, well, that's definitely lucky!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2014, 09:22:17 am »
+1

Ok, so after learning a whole lot about Nemelex from that minotaur wanderer, I got a super crazy idea in my head.

There's a card that appears in ornate and legendary deck of wonders called "the shuffle".  It permanently swaps/rearranges the permanent values for your Dex, Str, and Int.  Most of the time you want to avoid that at all cost, because your stats won't match your skills anymore and you'll be hosed.

My crazy idea is to roll a Draconian Warrior and use the shuffle as a respec.  Warriors start out with 18 Str and you can level that even higher.  Level Fighting, Dodging, and Evocations, since they are all useful for a Nemelex caster, then worship Nemelex and rush max piety.  Once at max piety sacrifice a bunch of potions and food to skew deck gifts towards wonders.  Then spam the deck of wonders for the shuffle and try to shuffle the super high STR stat onto Int.  Then you can buy a book matching whatever kind of Draconian you turned out to be and start becoming a very smart caster.

It's pretty hard to get to max piety for Nemelex without investing experience into weapons skill.  After many dead draconians of a variety of colors, though, I have finally pulled this off.  I just now pulled a shuffle, and have a 24 Int poison draconian that is going to start reading the young poisoner's handbook I bought in the orc mines.  I am really lucky because I got Str moved to Int on my first try, and Dex is my second highest stat, which is what I want. My drac has a hand axe of distortion, which was a big help in getting to this point.  I've pulled 2 Experience cards so far and put those towards spellcasting and poison magic, gonna be all poison from here out.

It's a really really silly strategy, which makes it all the more fun.
If Heron or Grujah have more poison mage experience than I do I would love any advice on what spells to favor because I don't want this guy to die now.  But I've never played poison mage before.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2014, 09:33:13 am »
+1

VM concern numero uno: what to do with undead/other poison immune things. Poison Arrow helps as it effects even poison immune, but it is a high level spell. Decks can help, I guess, but you need a permanent solution, which usually means branching into something else. Fire is OK, Air is better U guess as Air also makes Meph Cloud stronger. Straight Conjugation is not bad too. Depends on which books you find.

Mephitic Cloud is very very useful. You use it as crowd control, to disable casters, to get away.
OTR I guess is much better with rPois, but I always preferred direct damage spells over it (Poison Bolt, mainly).

Basically, my early tactics were always Meph on anything, than spam Sting. Later, Meph on anything and either OTR or spam Bolt (Sting when low on mana), choose one. OTR might be better on green Drac, and you can still spam direct spells as well.

That is until you find other spells.
Poison Arrow deals huge amount of damage, you use it for high priority targets. Poison Cloud is powerful, but not as much as Arrow or Freezing Cloud, I find (if you can cast that, like, by branching into Air, I would take it over).

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:34:55 am by Grujah »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2014, 09:36:26 am »
+1

Actually, just remember why Fire is great too. If you find ignite poison, it ROCKS with both Clouds and especially OTR. Probably the better branch-out.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2014, 09:38:45 am »
+1

Here is my green DrVM, made it to Lair..
Code: [Select]
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13.1 (tiles) character file.

14530 Hops the Tainter (level 11, -24/76 (83) HPs)
             Began as a Green Draconian Venom Mage on Feb 23, 2014.
             Was an Elder of Kikubaaqudgha.
             Killed from afar by Harold (25 damage)
             ... with a bolt of fire

... on Level 2 of the Lair of Beasts.
             The game lasted 01:39:50 (15744 turns).

Hops the Tainter (Green Draconian Venom Mage)      Turns: 15744, Time: 01:39:50

HP -24/76 (83)   AC 10     Str 10      XL: 11   Next: 82%
MP   4/28        EV 13     Int 24      God: Kikubaaqudgha [****..]
Gold 582         SH  7     Dex 15      Spells: 10 memorised,  0 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : .   a - +7,+6 falchion of Dissolution {flame, rC+ Dex+3}
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : .   (armour unavailable)
Life Prot.: . . .   Conserve   : .   B - +0 buckler
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : +   (helmet restricted)
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   e - +0 cloak
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   C - +0 pair of gauntlets
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   v - +0 pair of orc boots
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   D - amulet of resist corrosion
Saprovore : . . .                    x - ring of sustenance
                                     h - ring of flight

@: brilliant, quick, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: breathe noxious fumes, unfitting armour, poison resistance, AC +7
a: Breathe Noxious Fumes, Receive Corpses, Renounce Religion, Evoke Flight

You were on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts.
You worshipped Kikubaaqudgha.
Kikubaaqudgha was greatly pleased with you.
You were hungry.

You visited 3 branches of the dungeon, and saw 14 of its levels.

You collected 562 gold pieces.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 a - the +7,+6 falchion of Dissolution (weapon) {flame, rC+ Dex+3}
   (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)   

It emits flame when wielded, causing extra injury to most foes and up to
   double damage against particularly susceptible opponents. Big, fiery blades
   are also staple armaments of hydra-hunters.

It affects your dexterity (+3).
   It protects you from cold.
 u - a +2,+3 dagger of chaos (quivered)
 E - the +8,+10 mace of the Middle {drain, Int+3}
   (You found it on level 8 of the Dungeon)   

A truly terrible weapon, it drains the life of those it strikes.

It affects your intelligence (+3).
Armour
 e - a +0 cloak (worn)
 v - a +0 pair of orcish boots (worn)
 B - a +0 buckler (worn)
 C - a +0 pair of gauntlets (worn)
 K - a +0 cloak
Magical devices
 r - a wand of confusion (6)
 H - a wand of lightning (5)
 I - a wand of cold (8)
 S - a wand of polymorph (5) {unknown}
Comestibles
 c - 4 bread rations
 f - 17 grapes
 q - an apple
 w - 3 pears
 W - 3 rotting chunks of giant slug flesh
Scrolls
 g - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 n - a scroll of recharging {unknown}
 p - a scroll of curse weapon
 y - 2 scrolls of remove curse
 L - 4 scrolls of enchant weapon I
Jewellery
 d - a cursed ring of teleportation
 h - a ring of flight (left hand)
 x - a ring of sustenance (right hand)
 D - an amulet of resist corrosion (around neck)
 T - an uncursed amulet of guardian spirit
Potions
 k - a potion of restore abilities
 m - a potion of resistance
 o - a potion of flight
 A - a potion of might
 G - 2 potions of agility
 O - a potion of magic {unknown}
 P - a potion of speed {unknown}
Books
 b - a Young Poisoner's Handbook   

Spells                             Type                      Level
   *Sting                             Conjuration/Poison           1
   *Cure Poison                       Poison                       2
   *Mephitic Cloud                    Conjuration/Poison/Air       3
   Olgreb's Toxic Radiance            Poison                       4
   *Venom Bolt                        Conjuration/Poison           5
 j - a book of Changes   

Beastly Appendage                  Transmutation                1
   Sticks to Snakes                   Transmutation                2
   Spider Form                        Transmutation/Poison         3
   Ice Form                           Ice/Transmutation            4
   Blade Hands                        Transmutation                5
 t - Kikubaaqudgha's Tome of Stolen Souls
   (Kikubaaqudgha gifted it to you on level 5 of the Dungeon)   

*Pain                              Necromancy                   1
   Lethal Infusion                    Charms/Necromancy            2
   *Sublimation of Blood              Necromancy                   2
   Vampiric Draining                  Necromancy                   3
   Control Undead                     Necromancy                   4
 z - the Incunabulum of Destructive Lightness
   (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)   

Shock                              Conjuration/Air              1
   *Swiftness                         Charms/Air                   2
   Static Discharge                   Conjuration/Air              3
   *Mephitic Cloud                    Conjuration/Poison/Air       3
 J - a book of Hinderance   

Confusing Touch                    Hexes                        1
   Slow                               Hexes                        2
   Confuse                            Hexes                        3
   Petrify                            Transmutation/Earth          4
   Leda's Liquefaction                Hexes/Earth                  4
   Metabolic Englaciation             Hexes/Ice                    6
 M - a book of the Tempests   

Static Discharge                   Conjuration/Air              3
   Lightning Bolt                     Conjuration/Air              5
   Fireball                           Conjuration/Fire             5
   Tornado                            Air                          9
   Shatter                            Earth                        9
 N - Kikubaaqudgha's Grimoire of Sinister Arts
   (Kikubaaqudgha gifted it to you on level 9 of the Dungeon)   

*Animate Dead                      Necromancy                   4
   *Agony                             Necromancy                   5
   *Dispel Undead                     Necromancy                   5
   Bolt of Draining                   Conjuration/Necromancy       6
   Simulacrum                         Ice/Necromancy               6
 R - a book of Wizardry   

Summon Elemental                   Summoning                    4
   Force Lance                        Conjuration                  5
   Fireball                           Conjuration/Fire             5
   Haste                              Charms                       6
   Invisibility                       Hexes                        6
Rods
 i - a +0 rod of demonology (13/13)
   (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)

Skills:
 + Level 6.2 Fighting
 - Level 6.9 Long Blades
 + Level 4.3 Dodging
 - Level 1.7 Stealth
 - Level 10.0 Spellcasting
 - Level 4.2 Conjurations
 * Level 3.2 Charms
 + Level 8.0 Necromancy
 - Level 10.0 Poison Magic

You couldn't memorise any spells.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Sting                 Conj/Pois      ####         1%          1    None
b - Sublimation of Blood  Necr           ######....   1%          2    None
c - Dispel Undead         Necr           ######..     1%          5    ###....
d - Pain                  Necr           ####         1%          1    None
e - Venom Bolt            Conj/Pois      ######....   1%          5    ###....
f - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       ####......   1%          2    None
g - Animate Dead          Necr           N/A          1%          4    #......
q - Cure Poison           Pois           ######....   1%          2    None
s - Mephitic Cloud        Conj/Pois/Air  #####...     1%          3    None
w - Agony                 Necr           ######..     1%          5    ###....

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (11/27)            Temple (1/1) D:5            Lair (2/8) D:10
   Orc: D:6-11     

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:5 [[   D:7 [

Annotations:
D:4 Sigmund
D:6 Dowan; Duvessa
D:9 Joseph
Lair:2 Gastronok, Harold

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You can breathe blasts of noxious fumes.
Your lurid green scales are hard (AC +7).
Your body does not fit into most forms of armour.
Your cold-blooded metabolism reacts poorly to cold.
Your system is resistant to poisons.

Message History

Casting: Swiftness
Confirm with . or Enter, or press ? or * to list all spells.
Okay, then.
Okay, then.
Okay, then.
You feel better.
You block the jackal's attack.
The jackal bites you but does no damage.
Harold points at you and mumbles some strange words.
The bolt of fire hits the jackal.
The jackal dies!
The bolt of fire hits you!
You die...
Kikubaaqudgha rasps: "You have failed me! Welcome... death!"

#f....(.....
      ##j...h.....
      #.%.%.......
      ##Sz........
       #..#..###.#
      ##.#####
     ##.@##
     #.#..#     #
#####.#..######P##...P
...[......zS%@........
.##########@#.PP####.#
          #.#####
          ###

You could see Harold, a black mamba and a friendly giant frog zombie.

Vanquished Creatures
  The ghost of Gon the Spear-Bearer, a powerful MfGl of Fedhas (Lair:1)
  Pikel (D:9)
  A hill giant (D:10)
  An orc knight (D:10)
  2 black mambas (Lair:1)
  Psyche (D:8)
  A troll (D:10)
  A komodo dragon (Lair:1)
  A raven (D:7)
  The ghost of Ivica the Changer, an average DrTm (D:5)
  3 slime creatures
  14 yaks
  2 manticores
  2 necrophages
  A mottled dragon (D:10)
  2 porcupines (Lair:1)
  9 wolves
  4 sky beasts
  3 slaves (D:9)
  A yellow wasp (D:8)
  11 orc warriors
  A black bear (D:8)
  4 ogres
  2 phantoms
  A crocodile (Lair:1)
  3 centaurs
  An ice beast (D:8)
  3 gnoll sergeants (D:5)
  Blork the orc (D:8)
  2 water moccasins
  A big kobold (D:10)
  8 giant frogs
  8 killer bees
  A troll skeleton (D:10)
  3 wights (D:6)
  2 goliath beetles
  6 crimson imps
  7 hounds
  A giant frog zombie (D:8)
  4 jellies
  9 orc priests
  A gnoll shaman (D:5)
  A quasit (D:11)
  2 scorpions
  9 orc wizards
  A black bear skeleton (D:4)
  6 iguanas
  A manticore simulacrum (D:10)
  7 worker ants
  A hound skeleton (D:4)
  A worker ant zombie (D:10)
  17 gnolls (D:5)
  14 adders
  A giant centipede (D:9)
  2 giant mites
  4 worms
  5 giant eyeballs
  An ooze (D:3)
  48 orcs
  A ball python (D:5)
  A bat skeleton (D:6)
  5 giant cockroaches
  14 goblins
  11 hobgoblins
  14 jackals
  18 kobolds
  2 quokkas
  8 bats
  5 giant geckos
  6 giant newts
  A jackal zombie (D:6)
  An orc skeleton (D:5)
  An orc zombie (D:5)
  A quokka skeleton (D:5)
  11 rats
  2 rat zombies
  3 ballistomycetes (D:10)
358 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  A black mamba (Lair:1)
  A giant slug (Lair:1)
  A water moccasin (Lair:2)
  A giant frog (Lair:1)
  A killer bee (D:8)
  2 jackals (Lair:2)
  A quokka (Lair:2)
  A rat (Lair:1)
9 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A slave (D:9)
  A komodo dragon skeleton (Lair:1)
  A wolf zombie (Lair:1)
  A jelly (D:9)
  A wolf skeleton (Lair:1)
  A crocodile zombie (Lair:2)
  A jackal (Lair:2)
  A giant spore (D:10)
8 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 375 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Hops, the Draconian Venom Mage, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 14/14 MP: 3/3
   221 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 14/20 MP: 1/5
   742 | D:2      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
   786 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 14/26 MP: 0/7
   890 | D:2      | Learned a level 3 spell: Mephitic Cloud
   899 | D:2      | Learned a level 2 spell: Cure Poison
  1171 | D:2      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  1399 | D:3      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 15/33 MP: 2/9
  1767 | D:3      | Paralysed by a potion of paralysis for 4 turns
  2161 | D:4      | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
  2266 | D:4      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 31/38 MP: 7/12
  2596 | D:3      | Identified a +0 rod of demonology (13/13) (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)
  2910 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
  3067 | D:4      | Got a shimmering falchion
  3208 | D:4      | Identified the falchion of Dissolution {flame, rC+ Dex+3} (You found it on level 4 of the Dungeon)
  3334 | D:4      | Noticed an orc warrior
  3577 | D:4      | Noticed a phantom
  3585 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Long Blades
  3585 | D:4      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 35/45 MP: 11/15
  3591 | D:4      | Noticed Sigmund
  3620 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3621 | D:5      | Found Xangui's Armour Shop.
  3635 | D:5      | Reached skill level 1 in Conjurations
  3652 | D:4      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  3652 | D:4      | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
  3652 | D:4      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  3652 | D:4      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  3695 | D:4      | Became a worshipper of Kikubaaqudgha
  3719 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Fighting
  4270 | D:5      | Your scales start taking on a lurid green colour.
  4270 | D:5      | Gained mutation: Your system is resistant to poisons. [draconian maturity]
  4270 | D:5      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 39/52 MP: 16/18
  4318 | D:5      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  4351 | D:5      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  4358 | D:5      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  4376 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  4447 | D:5      | Acquired Kikubaaqudgha's first power
  4447 | D:5      | Received a gift from Kikubaaqudgha
  4477 | D:5      | Identified Kikubaaqudgha's Tome of Stolen Souls (Kikubaaqudgha gifted it to you on level 5 of the Dungeon)
  4481 | D:5      | Learned a level 1 spell: Pain
  4505 | D:5      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  4707 | D:5      | Reached skill level 1 in Necromancy
  4912 | D:5      | Noticed Ivica's ghost (average DrTm)
  4964 | D:5      | Found Viyhey's Armour Shoppe.
  5731 | D:6      | Noticed Duvessa
  5768 | D:6      | Noticed Dowan
  6184 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 59/59 MP: 15/19
  6669 | D:5      | Killed Ivica's ghost
  6951 | D:5      | Learned a level 4 spell: Control Undead
  6956 | D:5      | Learned a level 4 spell: Olgreb's Toxic Radiance
  6959 | D:5      | Learned a level 2 spell: Sublimation of Blood
  7086 | D:7      | Found Irutaho's Antique Armour Shop.
  7108 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Necromancy
  7175 | D:7      | Reached skill level 6 in Spellcasting
  7175 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Poison Magic
  7210 | D:7      | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
  7217 | D:7      | Noticed a raven
  7300 | D:7      | Acquired Kikubaaqudgha's second power
  7528 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 50/60 MP: 7/22
  7543 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Long Blades
  7678 | D:7      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  7923 | D:7      | Killed a raven
  8154 | D:8      | Got a crude mace
  8173 | D:8      | Identified the mace of the Middle {drain, Int+3} (You found it on level 8 of the Dungeon)
  8366 | D:8      | Reached skill level 7 in Necromancy
  8400 | D:8      | Noticed Psyche
  8412 | D:8      | Killed Psyche
  8508 | D:8      | Noticed Blork the orc
  8522 | D:9      | Noticed Pikel
  8660 | D:8      | Killed Blork the orc
  8916 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 65/70 MP: 4/23
  9265 | D:9      | Killed Pikel
  9265 | D:9      | Received a gift from Kikubaaqudgha
  9272 | D:9      | Identified Kikubaaqudgha's Grimoire of Sinister Arts (Kikubaaqudgha gifted it to you on level 9 of the Dungeon)
  9397 | D:9      | Reached skill level 8 in Poison Magic
  9623 | D:9      | Noticed Joseph
  9652 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  9832 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
  9873 | D:10     | Learned a level 5 spell: Agony
  9888 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
  9959 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 9 in Poison Magic
 10443 | D:10     | Identified the Incunabulum of Destructive Lightness (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 10660 | D:10     | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 10677 | D:10     | Acquired Kikubaaqudgha's third power
 11585 | D:10     | Learned a level 5 spell: Venom Bolt
 11818 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 11843 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
 11843 | D:10     | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 11843 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Poison Magic
 11843 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 59/74 MP: 10/26
 12927 | Lair:1   | Noticed a black mamba
 12946 | Lair:1   | Killed a black mamba
 12970 | Lair:1   | Noticed a black mamba
 12977 | Lair:1   | Killed a black mamba
 13018 | Lair:1   | Noticed Gon's ghost (powerful MfGl)
 13071 | D:10     | HP: 2/74 [wolf (5)]
 13415 | D:10     | Learned a level 5 spell: Dispel Undead
 13418 | D:10     | Learned a level 2 spell: Swiftness
 14012 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 14095 | D:10     | Acquired Kikubaaqudgha's fourth power
 14356 | D:10     | Noticed an orc knight
 14368 | D:10     | Killed an orc knight
 14368 | D:10     | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 14600 | D:10     | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 14608 | D:10     | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 15088 | Lair:1   | Learned a level 4 spell: Animate Dead
 15275 | Lair:1   | Noticed a black mamba
 15284 | Lair:1   | Killed a black mamba
 15536 | Lair:1   | Killed Gon's ghost
 15555 | Lair:1   | Noticed a four-headed hydra
 15713 | Lair:2   | Noticed Gastronok
 15717 | Lair:2   | Noticed Harold
 15739 | Lair:2   | HP: 2/76 [black mamba (18)]
 15744 | Lair:2   | Killed from afar by Harold

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Dagger            |    42 |   129 |       |       ||   171
       Falchion          |       |    72 |   203 |   236 ||   511
 Cast: Sting             |    42 |    72 |   106 |    83 ||   303
       Mephitic Cloud    |       |     9 |    57 |   101 ||   167
       Pain              |       |       |    80 |   196 ||   276
       Olgreb's Toxic Ra |       |       |     1 |     1 ||     2
       Agony             |       |       |       |    17 ||    17
       Sublimation of Bl |       |       |       |     5 ||     5
       Venom Bolt        |       |       |       |    13 ||    13
       Swiftness         |       |       |       |     6 ||     6
       Dispel Undead     |       |       |       |     5 ||     5
       Animate Dead      |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
       Cure Poison       |       |       |       |     2 ||     2
Invok: Receive Corpses   |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
       Torment           |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
 Abil: Breathe Noxious F |       |       |     8 |    12 ||    20
       Evoke Flight      |       |       |     4 |       ||     4
Evoke: Wand              |       |     2 |     5 |     9 ||    16
  Use: Scroll            |       |    17 |     9 |     8 ||    34
       Potion            |       |     5 |     3 |     5 ||    13
 Stab: Sleeping          |     1 |       |       |     1 ||     2
       Confused          |       |       |     2 |     7 ||     9

In the other news, I didn't really knew what Nessos did (that he could blink), and my very awesome MfSk died to his poison cuz I was out of curings. AAAAAARGH. I was going pretty good and died in freaking swamps (no, didn't have rPois either, yes, in Swamps).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:55:05 am by Grujah »

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:47 am »
+1

How can you get the character dump after your death in Webtiles?

I need counsel from the wise for my Demonspawn Necromancer of Kiku. I managed to max piety, and I am going to grab the Necronomicon for Necromutation, and later Haunt. Right now my main damage dealing method are Abominations, of which I've got 6. I tank the damage (I've got 20 EV and 26 AC, even though I am wearing a robe) and let the abominations lay waste to everything.

But I am thinking about abandoning Kiku in favour of a god that let's me put the demonspawn 3 aptitude in invocations to good use. Say, Makhleb. The reasoning being that once in Lichform, spell hunger won't be an issue anymore, so I'd rather train something else than spellcasting (-1 aptitude) to increase my max MP. Hence, invocations. Is that a good idea? Will I be able to survive Kiku's wrath? I can share my char dump when I can access my computer, but for reference, I am level 13, cleared Lair and Orc mines except from their last levels.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2014, 10:15:53 am »
+1

Last levels of Lair are usually safe (sans Rupert). Orc can be tricky.

I've never actually asked for Necronomicon (always went for pain). His punishment seems pretty harsh, esp if he torments you. You can try to avoid the punishment by waiting it out/abandoning the floor as undeads won't follow. Do not that he will turn all your Minions hostile once you abandon.

Now, I don't think that changing the god just to "make good use of Invo" is that great idea. How useful Makhleb really is? Healing certainly is. Destruction - well, depends. If you focus on summonings, it is random and you will be hitting your guys too. If you are focusing on torment, it is great way to finish off guys. Demons seem redundant if you already have a lot of summons, but can help, I guess.

Dump will help a lot, I am not quite sure myself :s

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2014, 10:37:34 am »
+1

theoretically you could go to Dungeon level 2 or 1, spam lich until you kill everything on the floor (it will spawn out of depth monsters for a little while, but infrequently, and then after many turns it will stop spawning anything), then you could abandon kikku and spam lich more to deal with his wrath on an empty floor.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:45 am »
+1

theoretically you could go to Dungeon level 2 or 1, spam lich until you kill everything on the floor (it will spawn out of depth monsters for a little while, but infrequently, and then after many turns it will stop spawning anything), then you could abandon kikku and spam lich more to deal with his wrath on an empty floor.

If you gonna do that it's easier to just go to temple.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »
+1

Code: [Select]
pacovf the Reanimator (Demonspawn Necromancer)     Turns: 24468, Time: 07:53:38

HP 103/103       AC 26     Str 10      XL: 13   Next: 67%
MP  27/27        EV 20     Int 20      God: Kikubaaqudgha [******]
Gold 1748        SH  0     Dex 18      Spells:  6 memorised,  6 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis .     f - +2 trident (protect)
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     t - +2 robe {MR+}
rNeg   . . .     Conserve .     (no shield)
rPois  +         rCorr    .     l - +1 hat
rElec  .         rRot     .     s - +2 cloak {rPois}
SustAb . .       Spirit   +     r - +2 pair of gloves
rMut   .         Warding  .     v - +1 pair of boots {Fly}
Saprov + . .     Stasis   .     (no amulet)
MR     +....                    x - ring of protection from fire
                                M - ring of poison resistance

@: flying, somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, quite stealthy
A: horns 2, iridescent scales 3, agile 2, saprovore 1, wild magic 1, magic
shield
a: Receive Corpses, Torment, Renounce Religion, Stop Flying

You are on level 11 of the Dungeon.
You worship Kikubaaqudgha.
Kikubaaqudgha is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 4 branches of the dungeon, and seen 22 of its levels.

You have collected 1853 gold pieces.
You have spent 105 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 f - a +2,+2 trident of protection (weapon)
Armour
 l - a +1 hat (worn)
 r - a +2 pair of gloves (worn)
 s - a +2 cloak of poison resistance (worn)
 t - a +2 robe of magic resistance (worn)
 v - a +1 pair of boots of flying (worn)
 B - the +4 robe of the Leaf {rF+}
   (You found it on level 9 of the Dungeon)   

It protects you from fire.
Magical devices
 q - a wand of draining {zapped: 4}
 w - a worn gold wand
 L - a crooked brass wand
 Q - a wand of paralysis {zapped: 1}
Comestibles
 a - a sausage
 b - a chunk of shark flesh
 c - 16 bread rations
 g - a strawberry
 z - 10 grapes
 D - 7 oranges
 N - a rambutan
 S - 2 meat rations
Scrolls
 d - a scroll of remove curse
 h - a scroll of enchant weapon II
 j - 2 scrolls of enchant armour
 m - a scroll labeled BAYSHR TERYI
 p - 3 scrolls of identify
 A - a scroll labeled WYHISIMUTO
 C - a scroll of teleportation
 G - 2 scrolls of magic mapping
 H - a scroll labeled XEOJECL ETIOJE
 I - a scroll labeled SKEMU TUEGUX
 K - a scroll labeled ALATEO HUIHUTU
 O - a scroll labeled CLIAQOEHILI
Jewellery
 x - a ring of protection from fire (right hand)
 M - a ring of poison resistance (left hand)
Potions
 e - 2 glowing silvery potions
 i - 5 potions of curing
 k - 2 potions of resistance
 o - 2 gluggy white potions
 u - 2 sedimented yellow potions
 J - a potion of agility
 R - a potion of berserk rage
 V - a fuming brown potion
 Y - a potion of magic
Books
 n - a book of the Dragon   

Flight                             Charms/Air                   3
   Cause Fear                         Hexes                        4
   Bolt of Fire                       Conjuration/Fire             6
   Dragon Form                        Transmutation                7
   Dragon's Call                      Summoning                    9
 F - Kikubaaqudgha's Incunabulum of Black Rituals
   (Kikubaaqudgha gifted it to you on level 8 of the Dungeon)   

*Animate Skeleton                  Necromancy                   1
   Corpse Rot                         Necromancy                   2
   Sublimation of Blood               Necromancy                   2
   *Vampiric Draining                 Necromancy                   3
   Control Undead                     Necromancy                   4
 T - Kikubaaqudgha's Catalogue of Stolen Souls
   (Kikubaaqudgha gifted it to you on level 3 of the Lair of Beasts)   

Excruciating Wounds                Charms/Necromancy            5
   Bolt of Draining                   Conjuration/Necromancy       5
   Dispel Undead                      Necromancy                   5
   *Twisted Resurrection              Necromancy                   5

Skills:
 + Level 9.8 Fighting
   Level 2.0 Short Blades
 * Level 10.0 Polearms
 - Level 1.2 Armour
 + Level 9.8 Dodging
 - Level 5.0 Stealth
 + Level 6.9 Spellcasting
   Level 1.0 Charms
 + Level 14.1 Necromancy
 - Level 3.1 Evocations

You have 6 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Pain                  Necr           ####         1%          1    None
b - Animate Skeleton      Necr           N/A          1%          1    None
c - Vampiric Draining     Necr           #######...   1%          3    ##.....
d - Animate Dead          Necr           N/A          2%          4    ###....
e - Agony                 Necr           #######.     3%          5    #####..
f - Twisted Resurrection  Necr           #######...   3%          5    #####..

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (11/16)            Temple (1/1) D:6             Orc (3/4) D:11
    Elf (0/3) Orc:2 Orc:3    Lair (7/8) D:10          Swamp (0/5) Lair:5
 Spider (0/5) Lair:5        Slime (0/6) Lair:6     

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh

Shops:
D:7 *   Orc:1 %   Orc:2 (   Orc:3 [

Annotations:
D:6 exclusion: oklob plant

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You have a pair of horns on your head.
You are completely covered in iridescent scales (AC +8).
You can tolerate rotten meat.
When hurt, damage is shared between your health and your magic reserves.
You are very agile. (Dex +4)
Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful.

The idea with changing gods is also to cover some of the weaknesses of this guy. Forgetting about the abominations (since they'll start falling like flies when I reach AoE-able enemies), I've got no easy way to dispose of negative energy resistant enemies, and I've got no panic button. Branching into new magic schools is difficult because of the -1 aptitude of Demonspawns in the relevant schools (charms, translocations). Makhleb gives me ranged attacks that (mostly) ignore negative energy resistance, and let's me invoke demons, should I find myself without my undead minions (getting a new army from scratch is notoriously difficult). Another possibility would be Lugonu, which gives two panic buttons, and the distortion brand, but no ranged attacks, and I haven't found its altar anyway...

Of course, I could choose to learn Death's Door instead of Necromutation, but I am finding it quite difficult to keep my undead army while feeding myself.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.