Miscellaneous > General Discussion

roguelike games

(1/234) > >>

sudgy:
I've been playing a bunch of SLASH'EM recently, and I was wondering if anybody else plays any roguelike games on here.

qmech:
I've tried Nethack before, but the interface is pretty tricky to get into.  I also suspect that it's not a good habit to start!  (These comments also apply to Dwarf Fortress.)

Is SLASH'EM easier to get on with than Nethack?

sudgy:

--- Quote from: qmech on June 05, 2013, 02:24:42 am ---I've tried Nethack before, but the interface is pretty tricky to get into.  I also suspect that it's not a good habit to start!  (These comments also apply to Dwarf Fortress.)

Is SLASH'EM easier to get on with than Nethack?

--- End quote ---

SLASH'EM is a harder version of NetHack with added features.  It's made for people who have overplayed NetHack.

I think the comments apply 100000000% more to Dwarf Fortress than to NetHack.  You only need to learn a few commands to be able to play NetHack (but not be able to do much, and not even get close to ascending), then you slowly learn the rest of them.

Also, the quidebook to NetHack specifically tells you to either call it "nethack" or "NetHack", not "Nethack"...

qmech:

--- Quote from: sudgy on June 05, 2013, 02:29:42 am ---Also, the quidebook to NetHack specifically tells you to either call it "nethack" or "NetHack", not "Nethack"...

--- End quote ---

I swear my first version had "nethack", but the dastardly SLASH'EM website has "Nethack". :-[

Kirian:
I used to play quite a bit of nethack and hang out on rgn.  But that was nearly a decade ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version