Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 97249 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 1 start)
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »

Vote Count 1.9

mail-mi (1): nkirbit
Robz888 (1): chairs
nkirbit (5): mail-mi, Robz888, mcmcsalot, yuma, spiritbears
yuma (1): Voltaire

Not voting: liopoil

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is 10:30pm forum time on Wednesday, July 3rd
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:33:58 am by shraeye »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:52 pm »

THREAD LOCKED
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:34:12 am by shraeye »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:55 am »

Hey, you guys lynched nkirbit.  That means I should tell you what his alignment is.  Or was... Do the dead even have alignments?!?  That's a question for the philosophers.

nkirbit was a Vanilla Townie!

NIGHT 1 has begun.
Please submit night actions by 10am Saturday morning (forum time)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 30, 2013, 10:21:32 am »

DAY 2 START!

Wait...

Uh....what else was i supposed to say?   Oh yeah, "measure twice, cut one gift horse in the mouth"...or maybe "A stopped clock is worth two in the bush".  Ugh,  none of those make sense.  Anyway, enjoy day 2.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 30, 2013, 10:21:40 am »

Vote Count 2.1

Not voting: chairs, liopoil, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, Robz888, spiritbears, Voltaire, yuma

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is 11am forum time on Monday, July 15th

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 30, 2013, 10:30:24 am »

ugh. Vote: Spiritbears for that hammer! I hate hammers like that. Yes, I know nkirbit had already said he wasn't going to claim. However, you have to state intent and wait for something. I was planning to read nkirbit, and I never got a chance to do that. It was possible that maybe I would find nkirbit to be clearly town, and could maybe have prevented a mislynch. This is why I sometimes freak out when people get to L-1, because things like this are disasterous.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 30, 2013, 10:35:52 am »

The reason for my vote (which I should have explained in my first post), is not that I'm frustrated with the hammer (which I am), but that I think if we let people get away with hammers with that, scum will take advantage of it. We can't let scum get away with hammering without warning. Only scum ever have a motive to do that. So I actually think he's scum.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 30, 2013, 10:52:56 am »

Another thing I dislike: when town forgets dead conf!townies' reads. So here are nkirbit's final reads:
Reads, scum to town:

Mcmc
Mail-Mi
Robz
Yuma
Lio
SB
Voltaire

I'm forgetting someone, but they're probably in the middle since they don't bring up much thoughts.
He forgets Chairs in this list. anyway, let's keep these in mind.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 30, 2013, 10:56:52 am »

I'll say this right now: let's skip all the silly speculation about why there wasn't a kill. If you're a PR, use your own judgement on when to say anything. Use good judgement though :P. We have nothing to gain by discussing it further, and scum has stuff to gain in terms of figuring out who the PRs are.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 30, 2013, 11:25:41 am »

So yeah. 8.

I declare this wagon on a townie. I now am viewing mcmc and nkirbit as town. I return to vote: yuma as my strongest read.
That's nonsense!! there's no way that nkirbit's partner should he be scum is going to say that he isn't going to vote for nkirbit. Infact, what I said makes sense. If nkirbit is scum, from a neutral perspective, I could very well be his partner. You absolutely cannot declare it a wagon on a townie because of that.
Well, yes. That's why I'll FoS: chairs, mcmc, and lio for saying it but not voting it (perhaps hoping that I'd hammer).

I had a post with this FoS written, then decided it went without saying, then saw your post, then decided to say it.

So volt, please explain this, why did you find me townie as well. You said you thought the wagon was on a townie because it had lots of support but didn't go through but then you throw me up there as a town read, posts later however you fos me and say you had the fos written.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 30, 2013, 11:35:37 am »

Well, that could have gone better.  I'm still on limited access until about 36 hours from now. What can we glean from this? Who pushed this Wagon hardest, etc

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:30 am »

Well, that could have gone better.  I'm still on limited access until about 36 hours from now. What can we glean from this? Who pushed this Wagon hardest, etc
I think it make spiritbears look really scummy because of his flip on nkirbit. Seems like scum who was like "I'm gonna be off-wagon, this'll be awesome!" then, "oh no, this mislynch might not go through without me. I really just want to get to night and mislynch townies, so I'll "change my mind"".

It also makes whoever was the alternative wagon(s) look bad. So that's Yuma, and maybe mail-mi/chairs right?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 30, 2013, 12:43:02 pm »

vote: spirit ugh no no no! You've had a town read on nkirbit the whole day. Why would he change his mind? He meaning spirit.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 30, 2013, 02:32:19 pm »

I think everybody voting SB isn't really thinking this through. Would he do that as scum? He'd have to be afraid to do that as scum. The hammer fits crazy town SB pretty well, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 30, 2013, 04:16:12 pm »

He'd do it as scum if there was a good chance that he could get away with it, which I think there is. I don't think we should let him. Look at mcmcsalot, who as scum hammered robz in Another Dinner Party similarly, yet got away with it the next day and won. We can't let scum get away with doing things like that. If we do it makes the game super-easy for scum, and I know I will definitely be doing it when I finally get to be scum again, if I can get away with it. No good reason for town!SB to do that.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #590 on: June 30, 2013, 06:50:47 pm »

I didn't flip on nk.  I got pissed off st his unwillingness to defend himsellf.  I had s town read all along, but when he woukdnt even consider that there was scum on his train and wouldn't do anything to help his car, I put him out of his misery. 
If that makes me scummy oh well
I guess you all know how I feel about anyway
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 30, 2013, 06:55:07 pm »

I didn't flip on nk.  I got pissed off st his unwillingness to defend himsellf.  I had s town read all along, but when he woukdnt even consider that there was scum on his train and wouldn't do anything to help his car, I put him out of his misery. 

This is exactly how I read it when it happened, I don't find sb scummy for the hammer. NK was pretty much resigned to dying, its something I find myself doing as scum when I want to look like a "cool not concerned" townie.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 30, 2013, 07:06:19 pm »

Okay I see that. unvote now let's do some wagon analysis.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 30, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »

Vote Count 1.9

mail-mi (1): nkirbit
Robz888 (1): chairs
nkirbit (5): mail-mi, Robz888, mcmcsalot, yuma, spiritbears
yuma (1): Voltaire

Not voting: liopoil

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is 10:30pm forum time on Wednesday, July 3rd

So the scummiest people looking here are robz, Mcmc, and to an extent Yuma. I have had a townish read on Mcmc throughout D1, and Yuma, so I think robz comes out the most scummy here.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 30, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »

what??

nkirbit DID defend himself, I can quote his posts for you. I don't think it was his fault he got mislynched, it was the fault of the people on the wagon and the fault of everyone off wagon not defending him. No way should town EVER hammer somebody they have a townread on under any circumstance. This excuse it just way too convenient for spiritbears. If we let people state huge townreads on someone and then hammer them then we are giving scum a huge advantage. It's quite simple: town should never hammer their townread. Scum might want to.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #595 on: June 30, 2013, 07:25:52 pm »

what??

nkirbit DID defend himself, I can quote his posts for you. I don't think it was his fault he got mislynched, it was the fault of the people on the wagon and the fault of everyone off wagon not defending him. No way should town EVER hammer somebody they have a townread on under any circumstance. This excuse it just way too convenient for spiritbears. If we let people state huge townreads on someone and then hammer them then we are giving scum a huge advantage. It's quite simple: town should never hammer their townread. Scum might want to.
Well thanks for the lesson lio
I haven't been around long enough to know whether whst youre saying is true or just your own view
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 30, 2013, 07:49:12 pm »

well, I believe it, others can come to their own conclusions.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 30, 2013, 10:47:12 pm »

vote: liopoil

Alas I do not have time to give complete reasonings as to why. I have been at work all day--following along via e-mail's--and will be there again tomorrow until evening when I will be able to post something a bit more substantial.

I'll let you all hypothesize as to why I am voting for him though, that sounds like fun...

PS: I will be VLA from Thursday morn to Saturday evening for the 4th of July holiday.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 30, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »

So yeah. 8.

I declare this wagon on a townie. I now am viewing mcmc and nkirbit as town. I return to vote: yuma as my strongest read.
That's nonsense!! there's no way that nkirbit's partner should he be scum is going to say that he isn't going to vote for nkirbit. Infact, what I said makes sense. If nkirbit is scum, from a neutral perspective, I could very well be his partner. You absolutely cannot declare it a wagon on a townie because of that.
Well, yes. That's why I'll FoS: chairs, mcmc, and lio for saying it but not voting it (perhaps hoping that I'd hammer).

I had a post with this FoS written, then decided it went without saying, then saw your post, then decided to say it.

So volt, please explain this, why did you find me townie as well. You said you thought the wagon was on a townie because it had lots of support but didn't go through but then you throw me up there as a town read, posts later however you fos me and say you had the fos written.
I found you townie initially for your not-JK claim (via yuma's reasoning he posted about it). I FoS'd you (not the same as saying you're scum, just pointing out a scummy thing) and still found you townie on balance. Though that read is basically gone now and you're back to neutral with me.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 01, 2013, 07:33:29 am »

So yeah. 8.

I found you townie initially for your not-JK claim (via yuma's reasoning he posted about it). I FoS'd you (not the same as saying you're scum, just pointing out a scummy thing) and still found you townie on balance. Though that read is basically gone now and you're back to neutral with me.

Thats good, I just wanted the question answered and I didn't feel like I got one, that makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.