Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 98375 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 1 start)
« Reply #400 on: June 24, 2013, 11:58:03 pm »

Vote: Mail-mi

He's the most suspicious character to me so far.

but why

I posted why I find him suspicious like 8 or so posts before yours.

Ya that checks out
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 25, 2013, 12:17:50 am »

..Okay?

Are you still on the chairs lynch plan, btw?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 25, 2013, 12:26:55 am »

nkirbit:

he voted for mcmc pretty opportunistically for the VT claim.

Unvoted when mcmc got to L-1 and never really looked back at it.

He has slowly eased into the mail-mi vote starting off with a "I am not sure about this yuma..." to questioning mail-mi and then a "mail-mi has been kinda scummy" to an actual vote.

He has also been suspicious of chairs. Right now if this were a bastard game and everyone were town, I would say that chairs and mail-mi would be considered the easy mislynches. However, like I said before I don't know their alignments and if they actually are "easy mislynches" but it does make me more wary of them.

He has been open with his reads. yuma and sb town, voltaire, mcmc (now he is a null read!) and lio null.

Liopoil:

His LVS self referencing is a tactic that I could see as scum, but alone isn't enough to be suspicious of.

He was also on the mcmc wagon, but had started it up, but not for the VT stuff.

he has defended... well maybe not defended, but not found suspicious, chairs.

and also joined the mail-mi wagon after I did.

Of the two I find nkirbit the scummier. He is in a position where I would expect scum to be, kinda in the middle, not lurking not being extremely vocal. He has been on the three main "easy" wagons in mcmc, chairs and mail-mi but has stayed away from the more controversial votes (yuma, robz). I still think mail-mi is suspicious, but I am going to try out a vote: nkirbit

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #403 on: June 25, 2013, 12:42:41 am »

nkirbit:

He has slowly eased into the mail-mi vote starting off with a "I am not sure about this yuma..." to questioning mail-mi and then a "mail-mi has been kinda scummy" to an actual vote.

He has also been suspicious of chairs. Right now if this were a bastard game and everyone were town, I would say that chairs and mail-mi would be considered the easy mislynches. However, like I said before I don't know their alignments and if they actually are "easy mislynches" but it does make me more wary of them.

He has been open with his reads. yuma and sb town, voltaire, mcmc (now he is a null read!) and lio null.

Liopoil:

His LVS self referencing is a tactic that I could see as scum, but alone isn't enough to be suspicious of.

Of the two I find nkirbit the scummier. He is in a position where I would expect scum to be, kinda in the middle, not lurking not being extremely vocal. He has been on the three main "easy" wagons in mcmc, chairs and mail-mi but has stayed away from the more controversial votes (yuma, robz). I still think mail-mi is suspicious, but I am going to try out a vote: nkirbit
This is a pretty good read of nk....up the point you vote him....at which point you totally lose me.
No is town...for every reason you state here....
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 25, 2013, 12:43:39 am »

(NK) that is....
Sorry for the lulz...
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 25, 2013, 12:47:58 am »

nkirbit:

Liopoil:

This is a pretty good read of nk....up the point you vote him....at which point you totally lose me.
No is town...for every reason you state here....

town because he has voted for the opportunistic wagons? Ok...

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 25, 2013, 12:52:50 am »

What's your reasoning for having a townread on me SB?  What Yuma has said about me is true, and could either be applied to town!nkirbit, who thinks that people have made decent cases, or scum!nkirbit, who is trying to get opportunistic wagons going.  Why do you think it's the first and not the second?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:55 am »

tempted to liopoil, only because he is almost always right on my alignment and he isn't here.

This is odd.  The last game Lio and Mcmc were in, they spent all of day 1 screaming at each other as town vs town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2013, 12:57:47 am »

Definitely, definitely agree on the nkirbit case. I like it better than your case on mail-mi, mail-mi just feels like a mislynch, right? For most of IRL today, I felt like we were headed toward a mail-mi lynch, and that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him flip town.

The nkirbit case is much better. And he's a smart guy, he plays like a smart guy, and I think he would play scum sort of fairly competently (from his perspective) but might still get caught by someone like you or me, who knows what to look for in a newbie scum.

Do I like it better than my chairs case? I guess so.

Vote: nkirbit

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 25, 2013, 12:59:11 am »

Is mcmc in this game? Has he spoken? I have no memory of it.

I mean, the only people who are making comments that even register with me (in that I can recall them at all) are yuma and SB, and liopoil a little bit.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 25, 2013, 01:54:13 am »

I thought I was pretty active, though I guess my scumhunt-fu is weak :(

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 25, 2013, 09:53:38 am »

Is mcmc in this game? Has he spoken? I have no memory of it.
You don't remember the whole did-he-claim VT thing? He hasn't posted much, but what he has posted has been memorable.

Yuma's case on nkirbit looks pretty good. It's the first case from someone else I've agreed with, but I'm not quite ready to vote nkirbit:

Quote from: yuma
I would say that chairs and mail-mi would be considered the easy mislynches.

Yet mail-mi was your vote - was it who joined that wagon that had you realize your case on mail-mi was bad? What does that say about your initial reasons?

mcmc, please do post soon (I know it's Tuesday, yadayadayada). You're the only one I'm treating as obvtown for now, so I'd like to know where you stand.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 25, 2013, 10:03:41 am »

Quote from: yuma
I would say that chairs and mail-mi would be considered the easy mislynches.

Yet mail-mi was your vote - was it who joined that wagon that had you realize your case on mail-mi was bad? What does that say about your initial reasons?

mcmc, please do post soon (I know it's Tuesday, yadayadayada). You're the only one I'm treating as obvtown for now, so I'd like to know where you stand.

I don't think my case on mail-mi was necessarily bad. It is just that I don't know if mail-mi is actually scum or just scummy. And I won't "know" until he flips, obviously, but even then I am not confident in my case in the way I am sometimes more confident. This lack of confidence makes me look around and wonder if he is actually scum...

if I were to quote a part of my post that says what I am really thinking it wouldn't be what you quoted it would be
Right now if this were a bastard game and everyone were town, I would say that chairs and mail-mi would be considered the easy mislynches. However, like I said before I don't know their alignments and if they actually are "easy mislynches" but it does make me more wary of them.

Obviously this isn't a bastard game and everyone isn't town. But right now the little bit of scumminess I see in mail-mi isn't as striking to me as nkirbits being on the three "easy" lynches right now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:26 am »

Alright, I can go for vote: nkirbit. I believe that's 3. Can we get an updated vote count?

nkirbit, why so many wagons?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2013, 10:07:30 am »

unvote

Remembered Robz's vote, not sure if I put nkirbit at L-1 or not. Holding off until we have a vote count.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2013, 10:12:43 am »

Man I feel like the nk is the weakest one yet!  So the entire case is he voted yes on the three main lunch candidates?  Well geez that's damning...maybe he just found the cases compelling?  No we have to assign bad motive to voting....I don't like how this game is being manipulated by scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2013, 10:14:33 am »

I don't like how this game is being manipulated by scum.
Which would be who? I'm not ready to lynch nkirbit but I am ready to vote for him. Votes apply pressure and reactions under pressure are useful. I'm quite happy going back to yuma if nkirbit is cleared.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2013, 10:21:19 am »

Man I feel like the nk is the weakest one yet!  So the entire case is he voted yes on the three main lunch candidates?  Well geez that's damning...maybe he just found the cases compelling?  No we have to assign bad motive to voting....I don't like how this game is being manipulated by scum.

it is! or at least it can be. Take for example ashersky in the last game... Mean Girls. Day1 he was on all of the main lynch wagons... mail-mi, robz and sudgy.

Day2 I called him out on it (bussing as partners) and we had a nice long argument about it that everyone else ignored. If others might have latched onto that, you might have put pressure on him before he claimed... but you guys didn't. but that really isn't the point.

the point is that a tactic that scum often uses is to try and be on the main lynches to push them to go through. It is especially a tactic to not create any of the cases, but to try and be the 2nd or 3rd player onto said wagons. Which is exactly what nk is doing... he hasn't created any of the cases on chairs, nkirbit or mail-mi... he jumped onto them when they were in full swing... It has a great potential to be scummy, yet you are refusing to see it (is it because I am the one presenting it? What if someone else were putting the case forward? would that change your mind?)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:40 am »

it is! or at least it can be. Take for example ashersky in the last game... Mean Girls. Day1 he was on all of the main lynch wagons... mail-mi, robz and sudgy.

Day2 I called him out on it (bussing as partners) and we had a nice long argument about it that everyone else ignored. If others might have latched onto that, you might have put pressure on him before he claimed... but you guys didn't. but that really isn't the point.

the point is that a tactic that scum often uses is to try and be on the main lynches to push them to go through. It is especially a tactic to not create any of the cases, but to try and be the 2nd or 3rd player onto said wagons. Which is exactly what nk is doing... he hasn't created any of the cases on chairs, nkirbit or mail-mi... he jumped onto them when they were in full swing... It has a great potential to be scummy, yet you are refusing to see it (is it because I am the one presenting it? What if someone else were putting the case forward? would that change your mind?)
Again Yuma. It has nothing to do with animus toward you...I have none. And I'm not saying you are the scum manipulating town. But I feel like wagons are forming and getting close to lynches very quickly without enough discussion or good reasons.  Maybe nk's opportunistic voting is part of the problem.  But does that justify the opportunistic voting on his wagon?? I say take a look at how this latest wagon formed.  I would bet there is scum on the wagon.   (Also your list includes nk himself...not sure whst that's about)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 25, 2013, 10:37:37 am »

So robz questions nk, (because he failed to read his analysis of why mai is suspicious), re-reads and then says "that checks out"....but less than a page later he votes nk, without much reasoning at all....super scummy
vote robz

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 25, 2013, 10:37:56 am »

Again Yuma. It has nothing to do with animus toward you...I have none. And I'm not saying you are the scum manipulating town. But I feel like wagons are forming and getting close to lynches very quickly without enough discussion or good reasons.  Maybe nk's opportunistic voting is part of the problem.  But does that justify the opportunistic voting on his wagon?? I say take a look at how this latest wagon formed.  I would bet there is scum on the wagon.   (Also your list includes nk himself...not sure whst that's about)

If you are still voting for me... which you are last I checked... it means that you think I am scum and am manipulating town. And I know what you are saying in regard to "good reasons" like I said it is Day1. Nothing that comes out of this is going to be great, but just because it isn't great doesn't mean it isn't worth something. And further I agree with you, if nkiribit is town (something that I don't know, and if you are town, you shouldn't know either...) there likely is mafia on it.

NK in the list should be mcmc... sorry typo.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:54 am »

See above

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2013, 10:41:48 am »

So robz questions nk, (because he failed to read his analysis of why mai is suspicious), re-reads and then says "that checks out"....but less than a page later he votes nk, without much reasoning at all....super scummy
vote robz
Robz could have not read yuma's post until after that, though.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2013, 10:44:03 am »

vote robz
I don't understand whst you are saying.  Reread the page before this one. Look at how robz came to be on the nk bandwagon....scummy

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2013, 10:49:01 am »

vote robz
I don't understand whst you are saying.  Reread the page before this one. Look at how robz came to be on the nk bandwagon....scummy
Yuma posted his case on nkirbit after all of this. If yuma added new info (which I agree with), then it's not scummy for Robz to join if he thinks the case is good (if it overrides his previous opinions).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.