Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 97236 times)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 1 start)
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2013, 05:35:52 pm »

Self-referencing lio?
vote lio
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »

I know mcmc was JK in abandoned game, were there any others? Just curious.

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about the PRs from the last game?

(Also this whole abbreviation thing is fun :D)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2013, 07:13:08 pm »

I know mcmc was JK in abandoned game, were there any others? Just curious.

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about the PRs from the last game?

(Also this whole abbreviation thing is fun :D)
We aren't? Okay.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2013, 07:22:24 pm »

I don't think there's a problem with that. Last game I was VT.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2013, 07:38:33 pm »

I don't think there's a problem with that. Last game I was VT.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:58 pm »

Man, I don't think RobzVotingStage is a thing anymore, it's LVS (liopoil voting stage). Seriously, this seems to happen every single game at the start of D1. :P

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2013, 09:14:47 pm »

Man, I don't think RobzVotingStage is a thing anymore, it's LVS (liopoil voting stage). Seriously, this seems to happen every single game at the start of D1. :P
Except in liovotingstage, we aren't joking.
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2013, 09:29:06 pm »

I was under the impression robzVS wasn't joking either: people always found him scummy.

Vote: Spiritbears, because he was good at being scum last time and still could be. more importantly, he voted me for "self-referencing", then stated it wasn't a joke. In what world is self-referencing scummy?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2013, 09:39:52 pm »

Only scum would self reference and then declare self-refrencing to be not scummy.
And then omgus for good measure
revote for emphasis:liolololol

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2013, 10:01:13 pm »

not sure if you're serious or not. I don't think you are.

who haven't we heard from yet? mcmc again?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2013, 10:10:43 pm »

not sure if you're serious or not. I don't think you are.

who haven't we heard from yet? mcmc again?
Serious as a toothache
Serious as a flame
Serious as a cloud
Ok. Not quite as serious as a cloud

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2013, 10:30:50 pm »

two things....

1. I get robz's frustration and I won't criticize it because I know how much he likes being mafia. However... I do wonder if it is possible that he is "playing it up" a bit. That is.... I wonder if he is mafia again and is faking the frustration and anger of no longer being mafia... Obviously not anything concrete because we don't know his current alignment, but his reaction to all of this does make me wonder...

2. I see what spiritbears is talking about regarding lio. His commentary about LVS could very easily be an attempt to deflect this vote--and perhaps what he sees as other votes that may come during the game--away from him as LVS, rather than as true votes.

Lio... why do you think people find you scummy early on in games?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2013, 10:58:00 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

liopoil (2): nkirbit, spiritbears
spiritbears (1): liopoil

Not voting: chairs, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, Robz888, Voltaire, yuma

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is 10:30pm forum time on Wednesday, July 3rd
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:39:37 am by shraeye »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2013, 12:15:41 am »

1. I get robz's frustration and I won't criticize it because I know how much he likes being mafia. However... I do wonder if it is possible that he is "playing it up" a bit. That is.... I wonder if he is mafia again and is faking the frustration and anger of no longer being mafia... Obviously not anything concrete because we don't know his current alignment, but his reaction to all of this does make me wonder...

Sure, it's possible. And it's something you're wise to consider. I just... I don't know how I am supposed to get excited to scumhunt here, given my track record in the last two games. And on top of that, the reset.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2013, 12:16:39 am »

Well, whining about it doesn't help I guess.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2013, 12:17:58 am »

Voltaire and mcmc haven't checked in yet.

Nkirbit... you seemed really, uh, ready to go, right when the thread opened up. Care to comment?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2013, 12:36:20 am »

Well, whining about it doesn't help I guess.
Maybe not help anyone else.
But who cares about anyone else huh
Ex scum only care about themselves....

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2013, 01:56:08 am »

I was online when Shraeye opened the thread, saw it was open, and posted.  /shrug.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2013, 10:07:27 am »

Voltaire and mcmc haven't checked in yet.

Nkirbit... you seemed really, uh, ready to go, right when the thread opened up. Care to comment?
voltaire has.

2. I see what spiritbears is talking about regarding lio. His commentary about LVS could very easily be an attempt to deflect this vote--and perhaps what he sees as other votes that may come during the game--away from him as LVS, rather than as true votes.

Lio... why do you think people find you scummy early on in games?
they don't really feel like serious votes, and I have no clue what "serious as a toothache or flame, but not as serious as a cloud" means.

I think I get a lot of votes early in games because A) I post a lot, and people higher in the postcounts get more attention, and B) I don't make much of an effort to appear towny, I'm more open and post whatever I'm thinking at the start of games. I trust you all to accurately read me as town because I am town.  Not all of you do that though, and some of the things that I post without worrying about if I'm going to get suspected for it can be scummy. I should probably try harder to look towny even when I'm town, because getting mislynched hurts town a lot. I've never been mislynched yet though, so I haven't hurt town like that yet.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »

Well now, I was very excited to actually get to do something with my awesome pr for once and no I don't get too so I understand the frustration. I did notice robz could have been playing it up, in fact I think he was playing up the frustration(the posting about felt out of character) I'm just not sure that means he's scum again.

Spirit got a bit screwed, now we all know what he looks like as scum...exactly the same...so my constant fear of him being scum is still a legitimate fear. For now I am going to continue to find him towny.

Yuma and liopoil have "reacted" the most I think about the reset and hange to a new game. I think liopoil comes off looking scummy and Yuma looking townie.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2013, 12:52:20 pm »

I did notice robz could have been playing it up, in fact I think he was playing up the frustration(the posting about felt out of character) I'm just not sure that means he's scum again.

Spirit got a bit screwed, now we all know what he looks like as scum...exactly the same...so my constant fear of him being scum is still a legitimate fear. For now I am going to continue to find him towny.

Yuma and liopoil have "reacted" the most I think about the reset and hange to a new game. I think liopoil comes off looking scummy and Yuma looking townie.
woah Vote: Mcmcsalot. This post is nothing like your first post of last game. The first post of last game made sense, this one doesn't:

You think robz888 is faking the frustration? possible for sure. However, you say you're not sure that means he's scum again. If robz is faking the frustration, how could he NOT be scum? Personally, I believe the frustration, we all know robz likes being scum. Also, you say you understand the frustration, but then don't believe it because it felt out of character. What was out of character about robz?

why are you just handing SB towncred? I don't understand... you need to try to differenciate between town!sb and scum!sb. Just because their similar is no reason to assume he's town.

you say both Yuma and I have changed a lot. Both of us were town last game. Why does that make me scummy but not Yuma?? and how have we changed?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2013, 12:55:24 pm »

Unvote

My vote on Lio wasn't actually serious.  I was just hoping to get this game going.

Vote: Mcmc for claiming VT.  He may be lying either as town or scum, but come on man.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2013, 01:35:20 pm »

I also policy vote against VT claimants. Vote: mcmcsalot

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2013, 01:56:36 pm »

I certainly hope that wasn't a VT claim. I saw it and didn't say anything, even left it out of my quote, so as not to draw attention to it. I think he could be a PR again.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »

Well that's too quick of a wagon for him to be scum. Although that was a suspicious post.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.