Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 97272 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 1 start)
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2013, 11:00:36 pm »

Welcome to Back To Basics: For Real This Time

Everything is as it was.  Except for the parts that changed.  You know.  Same same but different.

Soooo, carry on.  With your platypus.  I mean, with your accusations.  Man, those two words are nothing alike.

DAY 1 START

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2013, 11:01:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

Not voting: chairs, liopoil, mail-mi, mcmcsalot, nkirbit, Robz888, spiritbears, Voltaire, yuma

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is 10:30pm forum time on Wednesday, July 3rd
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:39:17 am by shraeye »

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2013, 11:06:35 pm »

Hi again!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2013, 11:20:51 pm »

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2013, 11:21:49 pm »

This is just really, really deflating. I know it was an accident, but man, I wish the person who came to know too much had just been replaced with Eevee or something.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »

What happened happened. Nothing we can do other than making the best of this game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

This is just really, really deflating. I know it was an accident, but man, I wish the person who came to know too much had just been replaced with Eevee or something.

That actually would have been a good idea. I will admit to being the "man who knew too much" and would have given up my spot if either I or shraeye had thought of the idea beforehand... alas... we didn't.

So I am going to ask this and see what people think... does having this game restart affect how we play or scum hunt? Will it affect how mafia play? I think the answer to the first is unfortunately yes... but is it really unfortunate? I don't know. Unfortunate because I automatically am less suspicious of spiritbears and Robz. I knew probability and all that jazz and that they have just as good of a chance to being scum this time around as last time, but I still can't get that feeling out of my head.

As for how mafia play? I think it is an intriguing thought. How would your mindset change from playing a game where you thought you were town initially but then ended up being mafia. Will you post different? Will your attitude be different? I think yes. I am at least going to keep this in the back of my head as I am looking at everything.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2013, 12:22:56 am »

Aww dang and my case on SB was right?

Anyway I guess I'm back to vote: chairs.

Jk unvote
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2013, 01:24:31 am »

That actually would have been a good idea. I will admit to being the "man who knew too much" and would have given up my spot if either I or shraeye had thought of the idea beforehand... alas... we didn't.

So I am going to ask this and see what people think... does having this game restart affect how we play or scum hunt? Will it affect how mafia play? I think the answer to the first is unfortunately yes... but is it really unfortunate? I don't know. Unfortunate because I automatically am less suspicious of spiritbears and Robz. I knew probability and all that jazz and that they have just as good of a chance to being scum this time around as last time, but I still can't get that feeling out of my head.

As for how mafia play? I think it is an intriguing thought. How would your mindset change from playing a game where you thought you were town initially but then ended up being mafia. Will you post different? Will your attitude be different? I think yes. I am at least going to keep this in the back of my head as I am looking at everything.

I thought of it immediately. Unfortunately, I wrongly assumed that option had been considered and discarded. FUCK.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2013, 02:36:47 am »

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
.yes.
Ugggggg to the
261th degree. ,,,
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2013, 03:01:57 am »

I don't know, Yuma.  I won't be holding people to playing exactly like they did in the original game.  For example, Lio was different in the original game, and turned out to be town, so there's that.

Honestly, I've played with almost everyone in the game before, so I'm going to be holding them much more accountable to previous games than I will to the first one here.  I hadn't yet formed any serious opinions on anyone, and hadn't re-read anything, so I just don't have much to reference in the original game.  Half of it was RVS and meaningless stuff anyway.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:42 am »

Yuma I think you coming forward was extremely commendable. Thank you for your honesty, esp in a game where the whole point is to be dishonest sometimes.
  My respect for you is tremendous

Anyway. I'm not sure whst I posted last night, spent the night in and out if seizures
So I hope ibdidntruin the game
Or any others
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2013, 11:15:20 am »

Cheers, let's just enjoy :)

as for you, Yuma..

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2013, 11:58:58 am »

Haha take a seat... posted by chairs... lol.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2013, 12:20:33 pm »

Thanks to yuma for coming forward and to shraeye for getting the game back up and running!

The good news is that we sorta don't even need to RVS anymore! Different roles, different alignments, different game! I, for one, am going to enjoy this game of Heads Up/Seven Up.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2013, 12:23:01 pm »

I claim scum town!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2013, 01:30:36 pm »

I feel like the incident was handled well. You can't just kick out Yuma for accidentally seeing whatever he saw. It sucks for Spiritbears and Robz888 because they lost a chance to be scum (if they're town this time), and any PRs too. But reset was really the only option I can think of besides Yuma being replaced. And how would shraeye explain the need for Yuma to be replaced? He couldn't say that he found out someone's alignment, because that means that he was town (scum already know everyone's alignment).

anyway, it's good to be back, that lull was boooooring!

I'm fine with skipping RVS, we did that last time, no need to do it again.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

I feel like the incident was handled well. You can't just kick out Yuma for accidentally seeing whatever he saw. It sucks for Spiritbears and Robz888 because they lost a chance to be scum (if they're town this time), and any PRs too. But reset was really the only option I can think of besides Yuma being replaced. And how would shraeye explain the need for Yuma to be replaced? He couldn't say that he found out someone's alignment, because that means that he was town (scum already know everyone's alignment).

anyway, it's good to be back, that lull was boooooring!

I'm fine with skipping RVS, we did that last time, no need to do it again.

I disagree, and am kind of pissed, but I guess there isn't really any point in continuing the conversation. I know I'm not like entitled to get to be mafia, but man it still sucks. But oh well.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2013, 02:54:51 pm »

I think it would've been funny to see how it played out, with Yuma knowing at least one person's alignment for sure, but nobody being able to confirm that Yuma wasn't actually scum.

HOWEVER!

Back to RVS.

Vote: liopoil

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2013, 02:56:13 pm »

I think it would've been funny to see how it played out, with Yuma knowing at least one person's alignment for sure, but nobody being able to confirm that Yuma wasn't actually scum.

HOWEVER!

Back to RVS.

Vote: liopoil

Scratch that, I just read liopoil's post again where he said not to bother with RVS.

Unvote

However, opting to skip the opportunity to perhaps gain more insight towards who the new scum are... could be scummy.

ET TU LIOPOIL?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »

Vote: Liopoil

Why are you less energetic than last time??

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2013, 03:57:10 pm »

I already said everything I needed to say in my first post of last game. Now I just wait for something to happen. :P. I also agree with what robz said before, that saying non-serious stuff is bad because if town gets away with it that scum have an excuse to post stuff like that which isn't helpful. I'm energetic about this game, excited to catch the new scum, but there's been what, 20 posts so far?

I doubt that we could form any sort of reads from RVS, but if you think that could happen, go ahead.

Actually, I'll quote my first post from last time, it's still relevant: (I only included still-important stuff)

Hello everyone!

shraeye thinks we should ignore post counts. I propose we follow NLLL (never lynch lurkers literally)  ;)

oh hey, an open setup, let's have some theory talk!

there are 6 possible setups, some favor town (cop+doc or cop+JK for instance) more than others (like VT+doc). scum also have the potential to fakeclaim. I am not going to trust claimants in general, but of course, it will depend on the situation. Most importantly:

I believe that in this setup a massclaim is almost NEVER a good idea. All 3 potential PRs have situations where they should claim though, but we'll get to those situations as they arise. For D1, nobody should ever claim anything unless they are L-1 with an intent to hammer.

I can not think of any situations where a VT should claim anything at all or a PR should claim anything but what they actually are.

Most of that theory stuff is basic, but hey, why not say it again. this is, however, hopefully the first and last time I talk about theory today. In previous games, I've gotten too caught up in theory talk and didn't do enough scumhunting. I dislike D1 because there is so little of any material at all, so that's part of why I don't scumhunt as much. I have also somehow generally been in the top few posters at all times during games. I'm not sure why that is, we'll see if it continues. I think I've been accused of trying to inflate my postcount before by posting multiple things that could have just been one post. Well, that isn't true, but I can see how that could clutter the thread. So my plan:

less theory talk, more scumhunting. Try to find something to grasp onto even on D1. More efficient posting. (like this post!)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2013, 04:14:37 pm »

ET TU LIOPOIL?
you say after unvoting... and me?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2013, 05:14:43 pm »

ET TU LIOPOIL?
you say after unvoting... and me?

I'm not sure as I agree with Robz.  I'd argue that more chatter, even if it's primarily noise, gives us more opportunity for scum to slip up and say something that (directly or indirectly) outs them.

I was also teasing you about not being enthusiastic about the idea of badposting in the name of finding the scum, by comparing you to beloved Brutus, that most noble of traitors, who did successfully win his Mafia game against Caesar by pretending to be a VT even to the end of the game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2013, 05:30:03 pm »

I know mcmc was JK in abandoned game, were there any others? Just curious.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.818 seconds with 20 queries.