Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 98354 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)
« Reply #925 on: July 09, 2013, 03:22:51 pm »

So lio looks like the only lynch we can get through today, no? If that's the case I'll vote.

We've heard from lio, yuma, mail-mi. mcmc, chairs, Eevee, if you're not cool with a lio lynch, let me know soon.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 09, 2013, 03:25:17 pm »

Vote Count 3.4

liopoil (3): yuma, mcmcsalot, mail-mi

Not voting: chairs, Eevee, Voltaire, liopoil

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline is 9am forum time on Monday, July 20th

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:13 pm »

stop. halt. desist. why? because I'm scum and need time to scramble and grasp at straws, that's why! [/sarcasm]

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 09, 2013, 03:27:24 pm »

Guys, let's give lio a chance to
scramble and grasp at straws,
while we wait for someone with intent to hammer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 09, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »

Man that's compelling... I would go back and look at some more stuff from lio but I think yuma's covered everything.

vote: liopoil
dude, no, just no. You're doing town a major disservice if your town. You've changed your mind on me every time one of us makes a big post!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 09, 2013, 03:28:38 pm »

stop. halt. desist. why? because I'm scum and need time to scramble and grasp at straws, that's why! [/sarcasm]
See, this is the sort of posts you've been making that make me worried you're scum. Town is frustrated but willing to die if it helps catch scum. You'd be putting your own reads out there, making sure we get info from your flip, realizing we'd still have PRs, etc. generally going down as a good VT.

I still think town wins this even if we're wrong.

Intent to hammer, lio.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 09, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »

I should clarify - I am willing to lynch lio simply so that we have a lynch (eliminating town helps us find mafia at this point since we're in such amazing shape) and think there's a >0% chance he's scum, but it's not my preferred course of action. I would rather lynch yuma or pressure mail-mi more. Also totally willing to scumhunt others but I have varying degrees of town reads on everyone else.

Because the situation where we lynch yuma and it turns out he's the doctor also isn't that bad, because we still have me to lock up some mafia. And I am not so sure we aren't already in that situation with a fakeclaim.

So lio, who is your top scum read? Is it yuma, or was that just pushing him as the only viable alternative lynch (which is a bit OMGUS)?

Basically town let's come to a decision, we have time to get it wrong.
Oh, I'd prefer to be lynched over a no lynch, for sure. But I'd rather lynch someone else. You're the freaking IC! you need to decide who you want lynched and try to get them lynched, not just go with what everyone else wants to do.

Yuma is my top scumread, but is not my top choice for a lynch
Mcmc and mail-mi are very close in my second top scumreads.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 09, 2013, 03:31:03 pm »

If there was a one-on, one-off scum D1, it's lio.

mail-mi (1): nkirbit
Robz888 (1): chairs
nkirbit (5): mail-mi, Robz888, mcmcsalot, yuma, spiritbears
yuma (1): Voltaire

Not voting: liopoil

Honestly, much more than yuma's case, that's what I'm going on most in being comfortable with this vote. And we still have the night.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 09, 2013, 03:32:44 pm »

See, this is the sort of posts you've been making that make me worried you're scum. Town is frustrated but willing to die if it helps catch scum. You'd be putting your own reads out there, making sure we get info from your flip, realizing we'd still have PRs, etc. generally going down as a good VT.

I still think town wins this even if we're wrong.

Intent to hammer, lio.
what does that post have to do with anything! AND I'M PUTTING MY READS OUT THERE!! I've done more scumhunting than everyone except for yuma! how did you not know my scumreads? I posted them!

please read my freaking posts!

and "town wins this even if we're wrong" is a terrible way to think about this. I'd much rather we not be wrong.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 09, 2013, 03:34:00 pm »

I dunno man. Scum have to get a mislynch through D1. I think scum are willing to both be on wagon to make it happen, especially if they think town will be looking for a scum off wagon like they are now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 09, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »

You're the freaking IC! you need to decide who you want lynched and try to get them lynched, not just go with what everyone else wants to do.
Yeah, I've decided it's not actually that much fun to be an IC. There's a lot of pressure.

Sorry if this is a derphammer, folks! See my previous posts for why I'm ok doing this.

Vote: liopoil

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

K volt, if lio flips town I need you to not JK me.

This requires trust i know

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43:42 pm »

oh well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:03 pm »

but that trust will be rewarded by either us winning the game, or by me resigning to a loss when we get to mylo lylo.

But if you JK me, I can't protect you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:41 pm »

if you JK him, he can't kill you either :P

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »

but that trust will be rewarded by either us winning the game, or by me resigning to a loss when we get to mylo lylo.

I know that. Are you setting up WIFOM? Do you know lio is going to flip town? Stop making me regret my decision.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 09, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

and like eevee said, if I am mafia (I am not, but I know that you kinda suspect me) I can't NK you because that would blow my cover. But all of that is dependent on you not JKing me.

I know I am asking for a lot here and that is why I am willing to offer up a lot at mylo/lylo.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 09, 2013, 03:46:47 pm »

I know that. Are you setting up WIFOM? Do you know lio is going to flip town? Stop making me regret my decision.

No... this is why I am willing to offer up my lynch at mylo or lylo. It does put pressue on both of us to get it right, but that is the pressure that we accept by being PRs.

I do wish you had held off the hammer so we could talk this over before the thread locks.

I do think lio will flip mafia, but I certainly don't know anything hence my mad scramble to post before thread lock to make sure we are on teh same page.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:15 pm »

This does not compute.

I want to win this game. I don't know how much longer I will be playing mafia and ultimately this game matters more than the next 10! Because I am in this game, I don't know if I will be in the next one.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »

my scum to town:

yuma
mcmcsalot
mail-mi
Eevee
chairs
voltaire
should I write my own flip?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:47 pm »

because if you do JK me and mafia decides to target you, I am dead. I know that. I will be completely dead. And then town will be in an awful position. So even if you do suspect me, it is in your (our) best interest to have you not JK me.

But hopefully none of this matters and lio is mafia.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:48 pm »

I do think lio will flip mafia, but I certainly don't know anything hence my mad scramble to post before thread lock to make sure we are on teh same page.
Believe me, I understand our situation tonight if you're really the doctor.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 09, 2013, 03:49:08 pm »

This does not compute.

I want to win this game. I don't know how much longer I will be playing mafia and ultimately this game matters more than the next 10! Because I am in this game, I don't know if I will be in the next one.

Of course it computes!

Look at the context! I am so sure we can win this game I am willing to stake losing on it. I am sure we can win. but only if we don't blow it and lose the two PRs!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 09, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »

Believe me, I understand our situation tonight if you're really the doctor.

Good then I will stop panicing. All I saw was your vote and then impending lock and didn't know if we were on the same page or not and wanted to make sure that we were.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 09, 2013, 03:52:08 pm »

dunno. If I'm town and in lylo, and I promised people that I would self-vote and give myself up for the losing lynch, I would break my promise. but that's not gonna happen, cause I'm dead now.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40  All

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 19 queries.