Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 3)  (Read 97981 times)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
Re: Mafia XXVI: Back to Basics (Day 1 start)
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2013, 08:30:35 pm »

I'm really buying Yuma's points on mcmc. I was thinking along those lines but couldn't quite put it together. I guess you could call this sheeping. I'll go back to my RVS vote, not RVS anymore:

Vote: Mcmcalot
Dang lio. Just when I thought you were settling in as town....this looks bad
I am settling in. I feel good about that vote right now, I think it's the best we have currently.
I just find that sheeping (and saying don't mind me I'm sheeping) scummy
vote liolio
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2013, 08:31:35 pm »

Player List
1. spiritbears
2. chairs
3. liopoil
4. yuma
5. mcmcsalot
6. Robz888
7. Voltaire
8. nkirbit
9. mail-mi

Eevee isn't in this game? No eevee? How didn't I notice this before... What to do without eevee? and why do I have a bunch of thoughts and reads subscribed to eevee for this game? I could have sworn he had a town read on voltaire...

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:52 pm »

Player List
1. spiritbears
2. chairs
3. liopoil
4. yuma
5. mcmcsalot
6. Robz888
7. Voltaire
8. nkirbit
9. mail-mi

Eevee isn't in this game? No eevee? How didn't I notice this before... What to do without eevee? and why do I have a bunch of thoughts and reads subscribed to eevee for this game? I could have sworn he had a town read on voltaire...
Ummm.  Not sure that helps your case
....imagining pokemon
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2013, 08:34:23 pm »

I'm really buying Yuma's points on mcmc. I was thinking along those lines but couldn't quite put it together. I guess you could call this sheeping. I'll go back to my RVS vote, not RVS anymore:

I am settling in. I feel good about that vote right now, I think it's the best we have currently.
vote liolio
I didn't say anything like that. Look, I agree with Yuma, and since there's so little, I have nothing to add! what's wrong with that? You can't call Yuma's vote on me any better, he was sheeping robz888.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2013, 08:36:18 pm »

But it's also the timing of you jumping on that train....just looks bad all around

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2013, 08:38:44 pm »

can you explain what's bad about the timing?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2013, 08:39:58 pm »

I mean, I posted that right after I read Yuma's post..... so it's not like I could really controlled the timing. Would it have been less scummy in your mind if I had waited 2 hours or something? I certainly hope not...

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2013, 08:41:20 pm »

I mean, I posted that right after I read Yuma's post..... so it's not like I could really controlled the timing. Would it have been less scummy in your mind if I had waited 2 hours or something? I certainly hope not...
No I just mean jumping on the wagon like that....positioning not timing I guess

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:34 pm »

But it's also the timing of you jumping on that train....just looks bad all around

No. It's not the timing. You're wrong. It's the phrasing! He called it sheeping. You don't call your own actions sheeping, unless you are worried they are going to look sheepy. A confident townie just calls it "agreeing."
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »

Player List
1. spiritbears
2. chairs
3. liopoil
4. yuma
5. mcmcsalot
6. Robz888
7. Voltaire
8. nkirbit
9. mail-mi

I thought that was weird too, but I played him in Goko today, and he said he just forgot to sign up. He eve PMed shraeye asking where his role PM was!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2013, 08:57:12 pm »

Lio is kind of scummy, SB is kind of scummy for going after lio for the wrong reasons. Yuma seems like persecuted town yuma right now. Mcmc seems like woefully misguided town mcmc. These are all weak reads.

Im actually real curious in the other people. Who are they? Voltaire? Chairs? Nkirbit? Is that all? Oh, and mail-mi. Well, it's Techno Free Tuesday, I guess.

Nkirbit and chairs don't have much presence to me right now.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »

Lio is kind of scummy, SB is kind of scummy for going after lio for the wrong reasons. Yuma seems like persecuted town yuma right now. Mcmc seems like woefully misguided town mcmc. These are all weak reads.

Im actually real curious in the other people. Who are they? Voltaire? Chairs? Nkirbit? Is that all? Oh, and mail-mi. Well, it's Techno Free Tuesday, I guess.

Wring reason?!?! Man did you even bother to read my post above that...where I said the problem was him sheeping and saying don't mind me sheeping......

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »

Does any one else think SB is acting odd? Just a bit off from his town self?
And then fixing it hastily:
No I just mean jumping on the wagon like that....positioning not timing I guess

vote liolio

Why are people voting for sheeping when that's pretty much all you can do right now?

vote: SB
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2013, 09:44:59 pm »

Wring reason?!?! Man did you even bother to read my post above that...where I said the problem was him sheeping and saying don't mind me sheeping......

Okay, yeah, you did. The timing argument was dumb tho.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »

Mai is this just omgus for my miskynch in mean girls?

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »

As for "fixing it hastily". Give me a break. I was just clarifying whst I meant. And no it wasn't a dumb argument robz. Lio jumped on that wagon very conveniently...

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:40 pm »

I'm not saying it's too early to have reads, but it's certainly too early to have accurate reads. As long as you keep in mind that you're probably almost entirely wrong in what you say, then go ahead and say it. I do think the reads lists are helpful for getting people on record and for generating conversation. Just don't put too much faith in them.

As for your argument "would this help scum yuma?" I argue that it wouldn't. Not meaningfully.
I agree with this. I am thinking yuma may have been hoping it would start a (terrible) lio wagon, so then we could see who else would join it claiming it was a good idea.

Baisically I am saying I find that a credible reason for robz post, but yuma's falls on the other side of jining claiming its a good idea. This is because where do you draw the line? I think its credible to join if you give reasoning and advance the case, scum doesn't want to do that they just hop on which is what yuma did.
Yeah but isn't that patently obvious how scummy that is? It's a ton of wine for D1 for scum!yuma to go for it like that. He'd need, what, 3 more people to hop on and nobody to point out how weird his vote was.

Volt did you not read my post in which I explain exactly what you said, reread and present me a reason you think my case on Yuma is not relevant. Lets not have this extended back and forth of "but this" and "but that" I think Yuma is scummy for the case I made and feel no need to restate it while you ask about it without referring to it. Sorry if that came off mean, it's just a pet peeve and something I think is detrimental to town cases so I don't want town players to do it.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:59 pm »

I was hardly about to be lynched any time soon, and the odds are still pretty good that I will not be the lynch today (maybe slightly more than 1/9). It isn't the time to start actively trying to lynch people. I do not think that yuma was really trying to lynch me, more that he agrees with robz's point, and so voted to get some discussion going.

Right. Exactly.

Oh because he has been so so active in promoting discussion since then...
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:04 pm »

I was hardly about to be lynched any time soon, and the odds are still pretty good that I will not be the lynch today (maybe slightly more than 1/9). It isn't the time to start actively trying to lynch people. I do not think that yuma was really trying to lynch me, more that he agrees with robz's point, and so voted to get some discussion going.

Right. Exactly.

Oh because he has been so so active in promoting discussion since then...

how long has this game been going on again?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:27 pm »

oh, wait, I remember a whole 36 hours!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »

Yuma has exactly one post, in which he "totally agrees" with robz and votes me. I'm not sure what I think of that yet...
Yuma is definitely hanging back on purpose. To what end, will be interesting to see.

So people aren't liking mcmc's post either?

I disagree with some of his conclusions, but still think its a good post
Which conclusions?

I think that Lio has been different, but not necessarily in a scummy way.  At least not obviously to me.

As I've stated, I think his case on Yuma was bad.  Yuma voted Lio because Lio was acting differently than he usually does.. everyone had realized that regardless of whether or not Robz pointed it out.  But, had Yuma legitimately been interested in starting a case on Lio, he would not have pointed out the behavior immediately.  It struck me much more as Yuma agreeing that something was off than Yuma trying to get a wagon going.  It's just too early in the game for scum to be trying to start a serious wagon on a player.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2013, 11:35:41 pm »

THREAD LOCKED

This thread is locked until I receive a PM from each player; no in-thread discussion regarding this lock will be allowed until after the game is completed.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:56 am »

Well, the jig is up.  I'll tell you all why the thread lock happened, I made a bad mistake.  A piece of info about a player's alignment was posted to the wrong quicktopic thread, and it was seen by at least one pair of eyes.  Thanks for being honest!  Unfortunately for anyone who was excited about their role, because the mistake was purely mine and I don't want to throw anyone out of this game for something beyond their fault, I plan on restarting.

So now we're restarting; and I'm using purple from here on out.  Purple=good mod.

I have rerolled the entire setup and will send out PMs (we are still using the outline of the 2of4 setup).  Because there is potential for confusion, respond to your new PM by stating your new updated role, and this will serve as confirmation.  Mafia will have time to chat, and we will restart anew on Friday.  At that time, i'll probably also clear the thread of all obsolete-game posts, unless somebody can think of a good reason not to.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:33 am »

I think that you should announce the roles in the broken game.  Otherwise, the scum in that game have an advantage the non-scum do not... They have a half days of impressions of people in this group, knowing which roles they were, whereas non-scum can't use this information because they don't know which players were scum or not.

Also, no worries about the mistake.  It happens.  Thanks again for hosting games to make playing mafia possible for us!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2013, 01:29:45 am »

Old game, using old color....Scumteam was Robz/spiritbears.  Everybody else was town.  Now no person has exclusive info about another's old-alignment.  Specific roles are irrelevant.

This thread will now be locked because we are entering Confirmation Stage.  Please continue to bring any concerns to me via PM, and hold discussion of this event for either the endgame, or when you arrive in the Spec QT.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.