Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The In No Way Official Dominion Podcast.  (Read 12617 times)

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Re: The In No Way Official Dominion Podcast.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:12 pm »
+1

Just started listening the other day, and I'm really liking it! I had an idea for something that might make for a cool segment (disclaimer: I'm only partway through ep3, and haven't kept up with the discussion at BGG so this might not be completely new).

I thought it was interesting when you guys just analyzed the random deck from dominiondeck.com, but it would be really cool if you could do that analysis part, then play a game against someone online with that kingdom. Maybe if the person online was one of our resident YouTubers (I'd love to participate like this, but probably don't have the time these days), you could get their recording and mix it in with your own analysis, so you could have two different perspectives on pre-, in-, and post-game analysis

I know that editing together something like that would be a good amount of more work, but it could be interesting, especially in cases where the players go different directions.

Regardless of what you guys do, I'm sure I'll be listening as long as there are episodes :)
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 12:14:49 pm »

Maybe if the person online was one of our resident YouTubers

aroo?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 09:56:16 am »
+2

They didn't post here, but there is a new episode of the podcast discussing the Adventures Previews:

http://dominion.raffertyesque.com/episode-5-adventures-previews/

Give it a listen, these guys are really fun and I wish they'd do more Dominion podcasts.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »
+1

Give it a listen, these guys are really fun and I wish they'd do more Dominion podcasts.

Thanks for the kind words, jsh. I reference your Watchtower/Messenger combo in the podcast. Big fan.

Anyway, yes! New episode! I was waiting until the iTunes feed updated to post about it here. We recorded it on Saturday and it's already horribly out-of-date. The Events no longer have randomizer backs and we know that Duplicate is the card that can be played out of turn. But hey, it's still mostly relevant. Right? I hope.

We'll do another one of these for sure when the rest of the cards come out. It was fun to get back on the microphone. Thanks for listening, folks.
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 05:18:40 pm »
+1

Duplicate is the card that can be played out of turn.

Did Donald say this was the card?  It can be called (put into play...) when it isn't your turn, but that isn't actually playing it. 

It would make sense if he just said "play" in his teasers to avoid confusion, but I don't recall seeing a confirmation that calling Duplicate is what he was talking about.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 05:23:54 pm »
+1

Duplicate isn't played out of turn. It's not the card referenced by that teaser.

EDIT: I'm listening to the podcast now. I'm enjoying it overall, although apparently theory previewed Transmogrify instead of me. This was disappointing to learn. :'(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:48:58 pm by LastFootnote »

lympi

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 05:55:24 pm »
+3

Duplicate isn't played out of turn. It's not the card referenced by that teaser.

EDIT: I'm listening to the podcast now. I'm enjoying it overall, although apparently theory previewed Transmogrify instead of me. This was disappointing to learn. :'(

Well, I'm happy to be wrong about Duplicate, but I'm sad to hear I attributed Transmogrify to theory. Bah. (I must have been looking at the author of the post on the front page… boo.) (I'll fix the podcast this weekend, LastFootnote.) (I already had to do some post-production re-recording on it anyway.) (We'll fix it in post.)
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 05:56:59 pm »

Heh, thanks! You don't have to do that, though. I regret mentioning it.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 06:30:13 pm »
+3

We all preview Transmogrify in our own way.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 11:11:45 am »
+1

So... Wandering Winder previewed Transmogrify right?

lympi

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »

There's a new episode up for anyone who's interested. Dan and I discuss the remaining non-Traveller and non-Event cards. (We really like Distant Lands.)

We want to get some play throughs with the new cards before the next episode. Can't wait!

lympi

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »
+5

Hey Gang, just Necropolis-ing my old thread here… there are two new episodes in the This Is Not In The Supply podcast feed. The Empires previews inspired Dan and I to come out of retirement to talk about VP tokens, Landmarks, Castles, and the like.

Shoutouts to LastFootnote, werothegreat, GendoIkari, and some of you other lovely nerds who get mentioned in the episodes. (Only in good ways, I swear!)

Thanks to those of you have already downloaded the episodes and have inexplicably kept us in your podcast app for the past year. Y'all's are great.

EMPIRES INCOMING.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.