Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Multiple Possessions  (Read 3014 times)

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Multiple Possessions
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:00:40 am »

If I play multiple Possessions in my turn (for example due to KC), and another Possession in the turn I control my opponent, when will he possess the third player/me, will my other Possession turns still happen?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Possessions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:23:44 am »
+1

If I play multiple Possessions in my turn (for example due to KC), and another Possession in the turn I control my opponent, when will he possess the third player/me, will my other Possession turns still happen?

Oh boy. Such questions are tricky, but this is what would happen.

You play Possession x2. At the end of your turn, the player to your left takes an extra turn in which you control him. During that extra turn, he plays Possession, because you made him for some reason.

Now, at the end of that turn, 2 different things are about to happen at the same time... he should take an extra turn from your previously played Possession, and the player to his left should take an extra turn from the newly played Possession. As it is his turn, he gets to decide what order they happen in, but as you are possessing him, you make that decision for him. So you get to choose which happens first. his extra turn will happen first. But no matter which one you choose, the same 2 things will end up happening, He'll get 1 more extra turn possessed by you, and then the player to his left will get an extra turn possessed by him. After both those extra turns are done, he will continue with his normal turn.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:08:00 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:01:04 am »

Thank you so much.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

On  Goko, this isn't implemented right yet; it always plays the turns in player order, I think.

This isn't actually right, but by god it's not something I want them to spend much time fixing, it's super-confusing to get right and matters so, so rarely.

Dominionaer

• Golem
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 04:07:34 pm »
+1

AFAIK Donald stated in older discussions about this, that the multi-time possessed player is not under control between turns and can decide himself, which turn next. But that was mostly about who decides the order of remaining Possession turns and a turn from an Outpost played during a possession.

For the case here i would say, that since there happens the same to several players, it goes in turn order. So first second (or third) possessed turn, then the possesed turn of next player, then back to normal turn of first possessed player.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »
+2

The first answer given here was wrong.

Yes, in the example two things are about to happen at the same time. But since it's happening to different players, we go in turn order starting with the active player. It's only when several things happen to the same player that he decides the order. So it sounds like Goko has this right.

In between turns, if a decision has to be made, it's the player who last had a turn who decides. But if that player was possessed on that turn, it's the possessor who decides instead. This only matters for Possession + Outpost. See the FAQ in my sig for the sources for this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:51:00 pm by Jeebus »

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 04:07:53 am »

Ok, thank you.

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 05:52:58 am »
+1

I'm not entirely convinced Goko does have it right; I had a game where my opponent misclicked on my Possession while possessing me, and it gave me my normal turn before letting me possess them for a turn. The card says "takes an extra turn after this one" (i.e. after the turn in which I am possessed), so by my reading, I should possess them before having my normal turn.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 10:08:48 am »

The first answer given here was wrong.

Yes, in the example two things are about to happen at the same time. But since it's happening to different players, we go in turn order starting with the active player. It's only when several things happen to the same player that he decides the order. So it sounds like Goko has this right.

In between turns, if a decision has to be made, it's the player who last had a turn who decides. But if that player was possessed on that turn, it's the possessor who decides instead. This only matters for Possession + Outpost. See the FAQ in my sig for the sources for this.

Oops, I did say it was tricky! I made some edits.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 10:11:42 am »

I'm not entirely convinced Goko does have it right; I had a game where my opponent misclicked on my Possession while possessing me, and it gave me my normal turn before letting me possess them for a turn. The card says "takes an extra turn after this one" (i.e. after the turn in which I am possessed), so by my reading, I should possess them before having my normal turn.
I'm convinced Goko has it wrong.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 12:43:37 pm »

I don't know why everyone is so critical of Goko's implementation of Possession. It has gotten a LOT better since released. It's actually quite playable now. I don't think anyone has an excuse not to be purchasing the Alchemy expansion immediately, probably should make at least one alt and purchase a second time to show full support for Possession.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 01:02:58 pm »

probably should make at least one alt and purchase a second time to show full support for Possession.

Let's show Goko our appreciation for their thoroughly mediocre product.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.527 seconds with 20 queries.