Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Log Search Engine  (Read 73790 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Log Search Engine
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2014, 04:59:19 pm »
+1

Whenever I try to use the log search on gokosalvager, the screen just goes blank. Is this just me?

EDIT: It only does this when I clear the date range. Even when it works, it isn't finding anything newer than 7/14

The games I have for you in the database after 7/14 are all "casual" mode.  Change the log search's "Game: Rating" field to "casual" or "any" to see those.  Example search

If you've been playing pro games since 7/14 but they're not in the database, then something else is going on.  It may be on MF/Goko's side, as sometimes they just fail to create a log and there's nothing gokosalvager.com can do about it.  But if you:
1. play a pro game
2. and the log exists
3. and the game doesn't show up in the log search

... then please post links to the log and the failed search here and I'll try to track down the bug.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:00:21 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »

Oh. I didn't realize the search engine defaults to find only pro games. oops. I was thinking it would default to 'any', but for some reason I didn't bother actually looking at the setting...
I almost never play pro games now that I've bought the cards.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:59:00 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2014, 02:13:19 pm »

If you've been playing pro games since 7/14 but they're not in the database, then something else is going on.  It may be on MF/Goko's side, as sometimes they just fail to create a log and there's nothing gokosalvager.com can do about it.  But if you:
1. play a pro game
2. and the log exists

... then please post links to the log and the failed search here and I'll try to track down the bug.

The engine doesn't find any games that I played since (or before) New Year's Day; actually I'm not quite sure if I played those 5 games at all, but I played plenty since then.
I played mainly pro games and adventure games against bots, but not exclusively. E.g. this game can be found by searching for my opponent, but not under my name. The games also usually caused my Isotropish rating to update.
In case it matters, I never changed my username, only my computer. The few games shown give my name as "holger", while Isotropish uses "Holger" for whatever reason.

Edit: I recall the search engine working fine for me several months ago; unfortunately I don't remember if this was before or after January.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:14:50 pm by Holger »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2014, 02:41:00 am »

1. play a pro game
2. and the log exists

The engine doesn't find any games that I played since (or before) New Year's Day; actually I'm not quite sure if I played those 5 games at all, but I played plenty since then.
I played mainly pro games and adventure games against bots, but not exclusively. E.g. this game can be found by searching for my opponent, but not under my name. The games also usually caused my Isotropish rating to update.
In case it matters, I never changed my username, only my computer. The few games shown give my name as "holger", while Isotropish uses "Holger" for whatever reason.

Edit: I recall the search engine working fine for me several months ago; unfortunately I don't remember if this was before or after January.

You, sir, are a sneaky one.  But I figured out your game:

Code: [Select]

2012-12-08 10:34:20    "Holger "
 2013-12-18 05:02:42    "Holger "
 2013-12-31 01:17:26    "holger"
 2014-01-01 13:19:21    "holger"
 2014-01-02 11:46:15    "Holger "
 2014-09-26 11:18:48    "Holger "

So does your name end in a space, or is there something wrong with my log parsing?  And is "holger" a different player, or did you change your username for the 2014 new year?
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »

1. play a pro game
2. and the log exists

You, sir, are a sneaky one.  But I figured out your game:

2012-12-08 10:34:20    "Holger "
 2013-12-18 05:02:42    "Holger "
 2013-12-31 01:17:26    "holger"
 2014-01-01 13:19:21    "holger"
 2014-01-02 11:46:15    "Holger "
 2014-09-26 11:18:48    "Holger "

So does your name end in a space, or is there something wrong with my log parsing?  And is "holger" a different player, or did you change your username for the 2014 new year?

I never changed my username, AFAIR. There shouldn't be a space at the end of my username, but how could I check if there is? Goko wouldn't show a space, and it also wouldn't show a non-capital "H" since the usernames are given only in capital letters. The "H" does seems to be a pixel taller than the other letters of the name, but it's hard to tell...
I don't know if there's another "holger", either; I don't remember if I actually played those New Year's Day games or not, unfortunately.

On Isotropish, my games are given correctly under "Holger" (around level 39 currently) - but I wouldn't see a space at the end of the username either, obviously. I suppose you would?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2014, 02:59:50 pm »

I never changed my username, AFAIR. There shouldn't be a space at the end of my username, but how could I check if there is? Goko wouldn't show a space, and it also wouldn't show a non-capital "H" since the usernames are given only in capital letters. The "H" does seems to be a pixel taller than the other letters of the name, but it's hard to tell...
I don't know if there's another "holger", either; I don't remember if I actually played those New Year's Day games or not, unfortunately.

On Isotropish, my games are given correctly under "Holger" (around level 39 currently) - but I wouldn't see a space at the end of the username either, obviously. I suppose you would?

You're listed as "Holger " with a space all throughout my database (games, rating, playerinfo).  So Goko definitely thinks there's a space there.

The search for ought to be able to handle a space at the end of the name, but something appears to be eating it.  I can't figure out why, but I'll try again later.

Anyone else with HTML and/or Python skills wants to look into it?
https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools/blob/master/gdt/logsearch/logsearch_handler.py
https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools/blob/master/web/logsearch.html

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2014, 03:34:45 pm »

You're listed as "Holger " with a space all throughout my database (games, rating, playerinfo).  So Goko definitely thinks there's a space there.

That's strange. I can try and remove the space from my username, if that helps.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2014, 03:40:10 pm »

Yes, that would work.

mpsprs

• Explorer
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2014, 03:48:21 pm »
+2

https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools/blob/master/gdt/logsearch/logsearch_handler.py

I don't have either skill, really, so feel free to ignore this.  But it looks to me like the self.get_argument in line 53 defaults to stripping white space from the beginning and and of the string.  Certainly this behavior is what I see.  I can add whitespace to the front and rear of my name and still find all my games.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

Yes, that would work.

You're right about the space, it also appears when I open the "Edit Profile" box. Unfortunately I can't remove the space: "Player name already exists". So apparently there's another player with my name - can it be that "holger" whose logs are shown, or does Goko distinguish different capitalization and there's even another "Holger" around?

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »

I don't have either skill, really, so feel free to ignore this.  But it looks to me like the self.get_argument in line 53 defaults to stripping white space from the beginning and and of the string.  Certainly this behavior is what I see.  I can add whitespace to the front and rear of my name and still find all my games.

It's the same for me, form what I see in the user interface. I can add spaces to the name (or in any other entry), but they're automatically removed even from the entry when I press "Search".

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:07 am »
+3

Line 53:

arg_str[p] = self.get_argument(p, default=self.search_params[p])
This doesn't actually strip any whitespace directly, though the array name arg_stp sort of suggests that it might.

However, the self object is a RequestHandler from the third-party tornadoweb package I use.  And if you look at the package's srouce code, its get_argument() method delegates to an internal method:

def _get_arguments(self, name, source, strip=True):
        values = []
        for v in source.get(name, []):
            v = self.decode_argument(v, name=name)
            if isinstance(v, unicode_type):
                # Get rid of any weird control chars (unless decoding gave
                # us bytes, in which case leave it alone)
                v = RequestHandler._remove_control_chars_regex.sub(" ", v)
            if strip:
                v = v.strip()
            values.append(v)
        return values

... and the v = v.strip() part does in fact strip whitespace!  So I don't know whether you misread my code or went the extra mile to find the problem, but either way thanks! :D

I implemented the fix, which was just a one-liner once I knew the problem.  Searching for "Holger " works properly now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:15:08 am by ragingduckd »

mpsprs

• Explorer
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
+4

So I don't know whether you misread my code or went the extra mile to find the problem, but either way thanks! :D

I did dig into tornadoweb.  I never found the full def you found (where it deals with the strip=True flag), but I did see the fact that there was a strip=True default parameter, and made an intelligent guess. 

I still don't have any real skills at actually coding.  Debugging I'm probably better at.  Maybe if I find lots of time I'll learn the coding side.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2014, 11:47:27 am »
+1

does Goko distinguish different capitalization and there's even another "Holger" around?
Goko saves the capitalization but does not allow two usernames, which are different only in the capitalization.

Holger

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2014, 06:46:18 am »

I implemented the fix, which was just a one-liner once I knew the problem.  Searching for "Holger " works properly now.

Thank you very much, it does indeed.

does Goko distinguish different capitalization and there's even another "Holger" around?
Goko saves the capitalization but does not allow two usernames, which are different only in the capitalization.

How stupid is that? Especially if they allow two usernames that vary only in an invisible space at the end, which are totally indistinguishable in the lobby.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »
+3

How stupid is that? Especially if they allow two usernames that vary only in an invisible space at the end, which are totally indistinguishable in the lobby.

Being case insensitive is smart. Failing to ignore whitespace ("user name" and "username" should be treated the same) is stupid.  Allowing meaningful whitespace at the end of a name is exceptionally stupid. The reason is the same in all cases - to avoid confusion.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2015, 01:54:23 pm »

So is the log search permanently down, or just temporarily down?

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2015, 01:58:38 pm »
+1

Working fine for me at this very moment. Are you going to some old URL instead of to gokosalvager.com?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2015, 02:04:13 pm »

Working fine for me at this very moment. Are you going to some old URL instead of to gokosalvager.com?

Yep, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.