Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Log Search Engine  (Read 74062 times)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Re: Log Search Engine
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2013, 04:33:10 pm »

right.  sorting != searching.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2013, 04:50:12 pm »
+1

If someone really did unwittingly write an O(n log n) search algorithm, I will buy them a beer.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2013, 04:57:16 pm »
+1

If someone really did unwittingly write an O(n log n) search algorithm, I will buy them a beer.

I'm sure someone has: 1. Sort list. 2. Binary search.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2013, 04:58:19 pm »
+2

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a topic about O(log n) search algorithms every time?

It's funny you mention it, since I saw the topic and thought it was about an engine deck featuring Woodcutter and Scout.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2013, 05:03:52 pm »
+7

Forwarding this to info@goko.com...

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2013, 12:09:58 am »

Yesterday i was searching logs and found that http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/ would only show games prior to mid april whereas http://www.andrewiannaccone.com/ was up to date.  Can anyone explain this?  What's the relationship between these two addresses anyway?  (sorry if the answer to the last question is explained above.)

I have no idea why this should be the case. I was certain they linked to the same page. Can you post or PM me two search links that show different results?
I found a way to reproduce a very similar bug.  Search for a player's games with an invalid date, e.g. '10/7/2013' (should be '07'), producing an error message, then put in a valid date and watch the wackiness ensue.  Same effect on http://www.andrewiannaccone.com/ and drunkensailor.

correct: http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/logsearch?p1name=stef&p1score=any&p2name=&startdate=08%2F05%2F2012&enddate=10%2F07%2F2013&supply=&nonsupply=&rating=pro%2B&pcount=2&colony=any&bot=false&shelters=any&guest=false&minturns=&maxturns=&quit=false&resign=any&limit=20&submitted=true&offset=0

incorrect: http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/logsearch?p1name=stef&p1score=any&p2name=&startdate=08%2F05%2F2012&enddate=10%2F07%2F2013&supply=&nonsupply=&rating=unrated&pcount=2&colony=any&bot=false&shelters=any&guest=false&minturns=&maxturns=&quit=any&resign=any&limit=20&submitted=true&offset=0

So the difference wasn't the domain but some hysteresis.

I can see that correct says quit=false while incorrect says quit=any.  I see no other differences, but manually setting the quit=false doesn't solve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:12:23 am by flies »
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2013, 10:44:52 am »
+1

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2013, 01:17:23 pm »

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/ is down

Restarted it.  Sorry about that.

Sorry also that I can't promise much better anytime soon.  I'm traveling and will have only very infrequent internet access for the next couple weeks.  Here's hoping that my server starts behaving itself a little better in my absence.   :-\
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »
+5

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/ is down

Restarted it.  Sorry about that.

Sorry also that I can't promise much better anytime soon.  I'm traveling and will have only very infrequent internet access for the next couple weeks.  Here's hoping that my server starts behaving itself a little better in my absence.   :-\

I heard from the people over at Goko that servers actually perform best when left alone entirely without any maintenance, so you should be fine :P
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2014, 12:29:57 pm »

Hooray for amalloy, who fixed the special characters issues in the log prettifier!  Now your username can end in "$" or "\" or whatever sort of regex-abusing tomfoolery you want: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140424/log.5101a6c4e4b02b7235c3860f.1398355996250.txt

I suggest upvoting this random post of his.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2014, 03:35:40 pm »

Hooray for amalloy, who fixed the special characters issues in the log prettifier!  Now your username can end in "$" or "\" or whatever sort of regex-abusing tomfoolery you want: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140424/log.5101a6c4e4b02b7235c3860f.1398355996250.txt

How do you do the randomization for the posts?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2014, 05:10:36 pm »
+7

I search through old posts and choose the one that maximizes:
   f(p) = p_irrelevance * p_irony / log(p_currentupvotes) + (AI_boredoflookingthroughposts)^500

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:19 pm »

f(p) = p_irrelevance * p_irony / log(p_currentupvotes) + (AI_boredoflookingthroughposts)^500

I'd have thought that would be eventually increasing.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:15 am »

That does not look very random...

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2014, 08:08:12 pm »
+1

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2014, 08:12:18 pm »

I justed wanted to write the game summary of my game against qmech, but in the logsearch only 3 of the 6 games show up, weirdly all the games I won.
Any idea what is causing this?

http://gokosalvager.com/logsearch?p1name=Qvist&p1score=any&p2name=qmech&startdate=06%2F12%2F2014&enddate=06%2F12%2F2014&supply=&nonsupply=&rating=any&pcount=2&colony=any&bot=false&shelters=any&guest=false&minturns=&maxturns=&quit=false&resign=any&limit=20&submitted=true&offset=0

I'm not sure... another wrinkle from the database transition.  It's a separate issue from the one I identified in the "moving to Linode" thread.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2014, 03:55:54 am »
+4

(Cross-posted in the Isotropish thread)

On Sunday (June 29), MakingFun's log server stopped responding to requests from gokosalvager.com.  Their log server itself still works fine, but it's specifically ignoring requests from my Linode instance.

It's possible that this is just their server automatically defending itself from what it thinks is an attack or just an overly-rapacious user.  I haven't received any notice about this from MF, nor have I received any complaints in the past.  I've asked about it on their forum and will update you as I learn more.

I don't plan to anonymize or otherwise disguise my log server requests, not even as a temporary workaround.  If MF ever decides to thwart the log search, Isotropish, or the Salvager extension, they'd have a pretty easy time doing it, so there's not much sense in trying to defy them.  And I'd really like to have some sort of ongoing dialogue with MF anyway.

Until this is resolved, new games will not show up in the log search, and the Isotropish leaderboard will not update.  The "Iso" ratings displayed by the Salvager extension will not update either, but it's other features will continue working (including automatch).  The log prettifier and kingdom-image generator on still work, but you have to find the logs yourself.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:00:00 am by ragingduckd »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:56 am »
+13

On Sunday (June 29), MakingFun's log server stopped responding to requests from gokosalvager.com.  Their log server itself still works fine, but it's specifically ignoring requests from my Linode instance.

I got a brief reply from an MF admin that suggests that this was an accident.  They're using AWS, and it looks like Amazon cut my IP off because it was demanding so much data that they considered it abuse/attack.

I've modified my code to query for new games much less frequently, which I think will prevent this from happening again.  I've also asked MF if they can provide a less horrible way for me to query for new game logs.  Right now the only way is to get the whole 10MB list of all games that have been played today.

I've also asked MF to contact Amazon to remove the block on my IP, and I asked Linode how to get a different IP.  If/when either of those things happens, my database should start updating again.  If neither happens soon, I'll find a way to anonymize or redirect my log server requests instead.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2014, 03:38:34 pm »

I got a brief reply from an MF admin that suggests that this was an accident.  They're using AWS, and it looks like Amazon cut my IP off because it was demanding so much data that they considered it abuse/attack.

I've modified my code to query for new games much less frequently, which I think will prevent this from happening again.  I've also asked MF if they can provide a less horrible way for me to query for new game logs.  Right now the only way is to get the whole 10MB list of all games that have been played today.

I've also asked MF to contact Amazon to remove the block on my IP, and I asked Linode how to get a different IP.  If/when either of those things happens, my database should start updating again.  If neither happens soon, I'll find a way to anonymize or redirect my log server requests instead.

It looks like you've got the log-search engine working again. If so, you probably want to remove the header/disclaimer at http://www.gokosalvager.com/, no?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2014, 04:05:46 pm »
+1

It looks like you've got the log-search engine working again. If so, you probably want to remove the header/disclaimer at http://www.gokosalvager.com/, no?

Yup.  The leaderboard too.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »
+1

Maybe add this over logsearch too:

Last recorded game finished 5 min, 7 sec ago

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2014, 04:38:16 pm »

Maybe add this over logsearch too:

Last recorded game finished 5 min, 7 sec ago

Good call.  It runs a lot further behind now because I'm anonymizing my requests and because of the other changes I made to reduce my impact on their log server.

Obviously I reversed my earlier decision and am now anonymizing my requests.  I didn't want to do that when I thought that a) I might actually be serious messing with their server, and b) they might actually be willing to talk to me.  But I'm now pulling ~5 kB/s from them, while their total responses to me on their forum add up to about 200B, none of it substantive.  ::)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2014, 10:42:03 pm »

Whenever I try to use the log search on gokosalvager, the screen just goes blank. Is this just me?

EDIT: It only does this when I clear the date range. Even when it works, it isn't finding anything newer than 7/14
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:03:02 pm by LibraryAdventurer »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.