Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Log Search Engine  (Read 73805 times)

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
Re: Log Search Engine
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:11 am »

Would it be too difficult to perform a rating calculation using the retrieved logs? It can be WW's rating or any other reasonable rating that we know the formula. Having a pseudo-official ranking automated would be great, just a leaderboard page with the ranking would suffice. After that, integration with the extension to display it directly into goko and use it for autokicking should fix one of the main issues of online dominion today.

Yes, I can do this. Actually, I've already written most of the code. I've hesitated for various reasons and I've prioritized other stuff: writing Dominion strategy, playing Dominion, real life. But I'll finish it if it's something that people are eager to have. There isn't as much Goko ratings discontent as there used to be.

@nutki/michaeljb: Is this something you guys would be interested in doing? I could provide the results in rss or whatever's easy to integrate.

Sounds like it'd be cool. Definitely interested!
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »
+12

Back online! Sorry for the downtime and thanks for your patience.

The log search should be noticeably faster now, at least once it finishes re-parsing all the logs. I upgraded some hardware, switched database software, and cleaned up some of the uglier query code.

Recent games are available now, and it should finish parsing all the old ones in a few hours.

New features:
- filtering by Shelters/Estates
- filtering by rating system (for games after May 15)
- filtering by number of turns
- filtering by whether any player quits
- display quits in game summary
- direct link to kingdom visualizer

Note:
- Usernames are now case sensitive.
- Searching by rating system will exclude all games before May 15, when Goko starting logging it

There's a bunch of new code in there, so some new errors may crop up. If anything looks awry, please report it here.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:07:37 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 01:04:44 am »
+1

Error: GabehcoudException while searching for player "dominator 123"

What is the problem?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:20:06 am by dominator 123 »
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 11:40:37 am »
+1

I think it's still missing some games., is that possible?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 11:52:39 am »

I think it's still missing some games., is that possible?

Yes, I ran out of disk space in the middle of the re-parsing. A bunch of pre-March logs seem to have gotten skipped. Was it old ones that you didn't find?

Edit: I will get the ones I missed. I just have to make a second (much faster) pass through the logs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:00:52 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 12:05:42 pm »
+2

I just noticed the number was lower than it should be.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »
+1

If I search for my games with any rating type, I get more results than the sum of the number of games with the individual rating types.
I have played 1347 in total, but if I search for the four different rating types, I get 10+731+17+131 < 1347. So something is missing somewhere (or are the missing games the games where the rating type was not mentioned in the game log yet?)

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 03:32:40 pm »
+1

(or are the missing games the games where the rating type was not mentioned in the game log yet?)
They are I think.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 04:09:21 pm »
+1

If I search for my games with any rating type, I get more results than the sum of the number of games with the individual rating types.
I have played 1347 in total, but if I search for the four different rating types, I get 10+731+17+131 < 1347. So something is missing somewhere (or are the missing games the games where the rating type was not mentioned in the game log yet?)

(or are the missing games the games where the rating type was not mentioned in the game log yet?)
They are I think.

Yes, that's exactly the problem. The games I have for you (florrat) in the database look like this:

rating   | count
-----------+-------
 adventure |   176
 casual    |   758
 unrated   |    10
 pro       |    17

The 548 games with no known rating system are the unrated/casual/pro games you played before May 15th.

I suppose the interface could be clearer about this. Maybe a fifth "unknown" category?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »
+8

My new policy to automatically upvote all reasonable bug report or feature request. I keep finding bugs on my own that I just know other people must have run into first. I want to encourage people to post bug reports here whenever something looks wrong.

I know it might feel rude to bug me about broken features, but it's actually really helpful. You'd be surprised how many things can break on my end without my noticing. Any post that gives me information is valuable.

Thanks!

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2013, 08:02:01 pm »
+1

I suppose the interface could be clearer about this. Maybe a fifth "unknown" category?
Yeah, I think that would make things more intuitive for the user.

Also, I can't find any games of me which are not 2 player games, though I do sometimes play adventures or against bots with 3 or 4 players (also recently).

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37:35 pm »
+2

My new policy to automatically upvote all reasonable bug report or feature request. I keep finding bugs on my own that I just know other people must have run into first. I want to encourage people to post bug reports here whenever something looks wrong.

I know it might feel rude to bug me about broken features, but it's actually really helpful. You'd be surprised how many things can break on my end without my noticing. Any post that gives me information is valuable.

Thanks!

And my new policy is to upvote any bug fixes or new features. You guys (nutki and michaeljb included) are making Goko and online Dominion analysis not only usable, but downright enjoyable. Hats off to you gentlemen.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2013, 09:04:33 pm »
+2

Yeah, I think that would make things more intuitive for the user.

Good call. Added. It won't actually work until a rather slow DB update finishes though.

Also, I can't find any games of me which are not 2 player games, though I do sometimes play adventures or against bots with 3 or 4 players (also recently).

Er... yeah. I made a silly mistake. Should work now.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 11:48:17 pm »
+3

Good call. Added. It won't actually work until a rather slow DB update finishes though.

Minor detail: If unknown is equivalent to pre May 15th, I would put that (pre May 15th or some equivalent text) instead, its more informative than just "unknown".

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 04:17:01 pm »
+6

And my new policy is to upvote any bug fixes or new features. You guys (nutki and michaeljb included) are making Goko and online Dominion analysis not only usable, but downright enjoyable. Hats off to you gentlemen.

Thanks for the kind words. I heartily approve of your policy. :)

I'd suggest doing the same for Qvist's card lists and the other serial projects around here. People often upvote only the first post of a labor-intensive series. That's perfectly legitimate, of course, but I'd like to see more such projects and want to encourage them.

florrat

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 08:16:05 pm »
+5

That's a good point. It's silly that a meme in the meme thread is typically worth more respect than taking multiple hours coding some cool and useful stuff.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2013, 11:40:15 am »
+3

Thanks for the kind words. I heartily approve of your policy. :)

I'd suggest doing the same for Qvist's card lists and the other serial projects around here. People often upvote only the first post of a labor-intensive series. That's perfectly legitimate, of course, but I'd like to see more such projects and want to encourage them.

Here's an upvote for you. Now please fix the log search, it seems to have stopped working.  :P

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2013, 12:10:07 pm »
+3

Here's an upvote for you. Now please fix the log search, it seems to have stopped working.  :P

Fixed. I introduced a bug while enabling case-insensitive player-name searching. I really need to add some regression tests. :P

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 03:08:23 pm »

Fixed. I introduced a bug while enabling case-insensitive player-name searching. I really need to add some regression tests. :P

Cool, thanks a lot.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 07:07:58 pm »
+1

So, I have tested it out now, it works now, but it doesn't find games from the last 5 days.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »
+5

So, I have tested it out now, it works now, but it doesn't find games from the last 5 days.

Oy, yes. I seem to have missed a ton of stuff during the server transition. Importing those now.

I'm going to add some redundancy to make sure I notice when logs get missed.

Edit: Found the problem. I normally really like archlinux, but in this case I just imagine them going "Bwahaha! We've left the cron scheduling service disabled by default. Noone will even think to check that."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:32:20 pm by ragingduckd »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 10:18:02 am »
+5

New features:
- Added a date range to the search. Dates must be formatted like "YYYY-MM-DD"
- Default rating mode is now "Pro/Unknown." It returns pro games since May 15 and all games before that
- Clear button does exactly what you'd expect

I switched to an SSD drive and I'm finally happy with the speed. None of my test searches took longer than 10 seconds, and most were a whole lot faster. If you're experiencing long delays, let me know. It probably means I've broken something.

I laid out the UI in Firefox, so it looks a bit odd in Chrome. If anyone would be willing to help out with the appearance or can point me to the right sort of resources/tutorials, let me know. I don't want to be a full-fledged CSS/JS developer. I just want to make my UIs a little less hideous.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2013, 10:34:00 am »
+5

-For some reason, JackOfAllTrades appears written like that, without spaces, while all other cards appear with their names spelled nicely, even with special characters like Worker's Village's '.
-Check this out for improving the interface on dates: http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/
-In the search results, I would highlight (like, boldface) the things that were searched for (player names especially, when you search for only one player, but also maybe kingdom cards searched for).
-Its strange to be able to search for wins and losses but not ties. I don't specifically want or need it, but my obsession for completeness does.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2013, 08:02:10 am »
+1

-For some reason, JackOfAllTrades appears written like that, without spaces, while all other cards appear with their names spelled nicely, even with special characters like Worker's Village's '.
-Check this out for improving the interface on dates: http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/
-In the search results, I would highlight (like, boldface) the things that were searched for (player names especially, when you search for only one player, but also maybe kingdom cards searched for).
-Its strange to be able to search for wins and losses but not ties. I don't specifically want or need it, but my obsession for completeness does.

The lack of spaces in JoaT is Goko's fault.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:36 am »
+2

It would be awesome if key cards in the kingdom could be highlighted and searched for.
I just tried Searching for games where Rats were awesome, but had to open all the logs of games where they didn't get bought.

Maybe do something like putting the number of times a card was gained in brackets after it (or the number of times it was in player's decks at the end, which would be easier but less useful), and allow searching for that.
So this game would show
Fishing Village (0), Market Square (10), Oasis (2), Bridge (1), Caravan (5), Rats (10), Remodel (1), Pillage (0), Harem (4), Peddler (10)

and could be found by entering stuff like the following in the kingdom field:
"Rats 1+", "Peddler 10", or "Fishing Village 0"

Also, I'd prefer if clicking the link to the log of a game would open it in a new tab instead of the one the search is in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.