Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Log Search Engine  (Read 74090 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Re: Log Search Engine
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 02:22:49 am »
+3

That's what left us Germans with this crippled version of Streetview

Huh.  Seeing that map (and looking at the rest of the world using the same view) certainly makes Geoguessr easier.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 02:28:39 am »

On the other hand, it's giving a false sense of security and takes away knowledge from the public, while preserving it for anyone wit a little bit of skill.  I mean it does not protect against any assumed real threats, anyone who really wants to find useful information finds them in the goko logs.

Finding games in the Goko log archive is possible but not easy.  If you know a player's hash code, you can find the games they hosted on any given day, but there's no easy way to find the games they joined or to search over multiple days.  You'd have to download all the logs and grep them, and the sheer volume of games makes rather slow and at least a little technically challenging.

All that said, you're right... I'm certainly not offering any real security.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:55 am »

I would call it a courtesy rather than a security measure.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:41 am »
+1

I would not block it, but I think its reasonable to do it, just like Google give sites the possibility to not show up in searches, even though they are publicly available on the internet. In any case, it does seem like a feature that will go mostly unused, so I would call that an unnecesary effort from someone who's work can clearly be put to better use, as the very existence of this application shows.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 07:53:07 pm »

Would it be possible to add the bots in adventures in the "yes, no, allow" for the bots when searching? Thanks.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »

Would it be possible for the parameters to show up in the url (i.e., use get instead of post as the form method) so that we can get links to searches, like we used to do in CouncilRoom.com? In particular, I want my bookmark pointing to this to default to search logs including myself, which is what I mostly do. It will also be a simple way for people to save "default" values for all options.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 08:39:33 pm »
+1

Would it be possible to add the bots in adventures in the "yes, no, allow" for the bots when searching? Thanks.

Implemented, but with some errors.  My database isn't entirely certain who's an adventure bot and who isn't. :D

Would it be possible for the parameters to show up in the url (i.e., use get instead of post as the form method) so that we can get links to searches, like we used to do in CouncilRoom.com? In particular, I want my bookmark pointing to this to default to search logs including myself, which is what I mostly do. It will also be a simple way for people to save "default" values for all options.

Great idea! I'll implement it as soon as I figure out how to. In the meantime and if it's worth the bother, you can construct URLs manually.  You'll have to look at the page source to get all the details, but it's basically like this:

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/?p1=Andrew%20Iannaccone&p2=&kreq=Minion,Tournament&bots=no&adventures=no&colonies=either&pcount=two&submit=Search

Implemented, as per soulnet's instructions. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:08:36 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »

Great idea! I'll implement it as soon as I figure out how to. In the meantime and if it's worth the bother, you can construct URLs manually.  You'll have to look at the page source to get all the details, but it's basically like this:

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/?p1=Andrew%20Iannaccone&p2=&kreq=Minion,Tournament&bots=no&adventures=no&colonies=either&pcount=two&submit=Search

Using chrome's inspect element function I changed "post" to "get" in the form "method" parameter and it worked and generated an URL with all parameters like the one you posted and gives the result.

EDIT: Of course, after clicking search again, or newer/older buttons it returns to the page with "post" as it is stored in your server. My point was that just making that change in the server should suffice.

BTW, another really simple thing that would also be nice to have is the "current page / total number of pages" close to the newer/older buttons, and the total number of games (this last one probably right next to the win/tie/loss report).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:45:55 pm by soulnet »

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 08:50:13 pm »

I'll report Adventure bugs here: Bonifacius is in Adventures.
Also, this might not be possible, but can you tell of someone quit through a log?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 09:00:11 pm »
+1

Also, this might not be possible, but can you tell of someone quit through a log?

Yes, but I haven't been parsing it out.  I'll include it in my next major update, for which I'm re-parsing all the logs to include Shelters and some other info anyway.

On that same topic, if there are other things people would like to search by, this would be a good time to tell me.

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 09:15:33 pm »

Yes, but I haven't been parsing it out.  I'll include it in my next major update, for which I'm re-parsing all the logs to include Shelters and some other info anyway.

On that same topic, if there are other things people would like to search by, this would be a good time to tell me.
Thanks. It would also be nice if it could rule out games a specific person quit (read: you or your opponent) but all these things being added are great. Thanks do much for your time and effort.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 03:24:10 am »
+1

The option to exclude games where either of the players quit from the results.

And of course differentiating between pro/casual/unrated games, but I think you've that one on your list already.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 12:16:14 pm »

I've been thinking -- perhaps a little too late -- about the privacy issues with the log search.  Yes, I know the logs are already public information b/c Goko is posting them, but there's a big difference between having a window in your bedroom and having someone set up a webcam outside it.

I'm considering adding a feature that would allow players to block searches for their name specifically.

The votes are in (32 of them anyway). I'm calling it. Voyeurs win! ;)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:10 am »
+1

Can you include 1 as a possible player count (you can play solo games in the secret chamber lobby) just for completeness' sake?

treebeardtheent

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »
+1

This is great!

Can you add a search feature for number of turns? I have had a lot crashing issues an  I want to see what the real ratio is vs what I feel it is.

Edit: Or better yet can you add a standing search? 1st, 2nd, etc. I think that would be helpful to more people because you learn more from your losses.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:39:51 am by treebeardtheent »
Words to live by: Faith, Virtue, Honor, Courage, Knowledge & Personal Responsibility

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 08:07:36 pm »
+4

My automation broke and failed to download a bunch of logs this last week. It's caught up now and back to updating every 15 minutes.

All logs since the Aug 2012 launch are now included. Things are a little slower as a result, but I should be able to fix that with some slightly smarter queries.

I'm also working on a smarter parser to implement some of the features that have been requested, but ftl has been making progress with log parsing for CouncilRoom. I'd certainly rather add the advanced search features to CR rather than maintain a separate server, so we'll see what actually happens.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »
+1

Add Guilds cards to the kingdom card search?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »
+4

Now with Guilds!  ::)

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 12:48:34 pm »
+2

Would it be too difficult to perform a rating calculation using the retrieved logs? It can be WW's rating or any other reasonable rating that we know the formula. Having a pseudo-official ranking automated would be great, just a leaderboard page with the ranking would suffice. After that, integration with the extension to display it directly into goko and use it for autokicking should fix one of the main issues of online dominion today.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 05:01:56 pm »
+1

Would it be too difficult to perform a rating calculation using the retrieved logs? It can be WW's rating or any other reasonable rating that we know the formula. Having a pseudo-official ranking automated would be great, just a leaderboard page with the ranking would suffice. After that, integration with the extension to display it directly into goko and use it for autokicking should fix one of the main issues of online dominion today.
It would be possible only for games after half of April. Before that there were no indication of Pro game in log.
EDIT: And few days are missing in mid May.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:05:56 pm by yed »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »
+4

Yes, I can do this. Actually, I've already written most of the code. I've hesitated for various reasons and I've prioritized other stuff: writing Dominion strategy, playing Dominion, real life. But I'll finish it if it's something that people are eager to have. There isn't as much Goko ratings discontent as there used to be.

@nutki/michaeljb: Is this something you guys would be interested in doing? I could provide the results in rss or whatever's easy to integrate.

rrwoods

• Navigator
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 02:21:33 am »

Yes, I can do this. Actually, I've already written most of the code. I've hesitated for various reasons and I've prioritized other stuff: writing Dominion strategy, playing Dominion, real life. But I'll finish it if it's something that people are eager to have. There isn't as much Goko ratings discontent as there used to be.

@nutki/michaeljb: Is this something you guys would be interested in doing? I could provide the results in rss or whatever's easy to integrate.
What would be super-cool is if there was some way to get the Dominion Log Viewer extension to support this rating system; possible if these ratings are stored in a database somewhere?

<- knows nothing about how either of these technologies work

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 09:12:10 pm »

We're currently offline due to server errors due to administrator incompetence. I'm taking the "opportunity" to do some upgrades and fixes. I'm really not sure when I'll finish, but it's not likely to be before tomorrow. Sorry.

dominator 123

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dominator 123
  • Notice the space
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46:56 am »

Downvoting it until it's back online.

Edit: OK it's back.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:50:45 am by dominator 123 »
"Strictly Better" compares only effects and not cost, change my mind

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 10:26:19 am »

Downvoting it until it's back online.

Well shit. Guess I'd better get cracking.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 20 queries.