Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Knights trashing Knights  (Read 2177 times)

Pottery

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Knights trashing Knights
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »

I looked through the forums and couldn't find the answer to this question so I hate to waste your time asking a question that has probably been answered.   :-[ Here goes...

So lets say I have Dame Molly and play her as my first action card hoping to gain more actions.  My opponents flip over their 2 cards and 1 of them has a knight.  They trash their knight forcing me to trash my knight. 

DO I STILL GET MY 2 ACTIONS OR LOSE THEM?  OR AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY MOLLY THEN USE MY 2 ACTIONS TO PLAY MORE CARDS?.  THEN GO BACK TO THE KNIGHT ATTACK FORCING EVERYONE TO REVEAL THEIR TOP 2 CARDS WHICH WOULD THEN LEAD ME TO TRASH MY KNIGHT?

In other words... Do I play Dame Molly's 2 actions "she" gives me and then play the attack?  Or do I play the Attack of the knight and then get the 2 actions?  I have read that you follow cards from top to bottom but in this situation it is tricky.  Could you explain the way to do it?Thanks for your time!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: Knights trashing Knights
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 08:00:27 pm »

always resolve cards from top to bottom. Consider actions as a currency, and it costs 1 action to play an action card. When you play Dame Molly, you get +2 actions. You don't play any other actions, you just have the actions available to use. Then you do the bottom half of dame molly, causing her to be trashed. You still have the 2 actions from Dame Molly, and can now play more cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:02:15 pm »

Okay, so you follow the instructions on the card from top to bottom. First you get +2 Actions. Done. Next, you attack. They trash their Knight, so you do too. Done. So, you still have the 2 actions you get from Molly. This goes for Sylvia and Martin too.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Pottery

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 08:04:11 pm »

Thanks all!  I just figured that if I am trashing the card then I lose the +2 actions because they are removed from play cause the card is removed from play.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 08:13:20 pm »

Also note that a card being trashed doesn't stop it from being executed.
For example, look at feast. It says: "Trash this card. Gain a card costing up to $5". So when you play it, the first thing you do is trashing it. You still get to gain a card.

Pottery

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »

good point.

yudantaiteki

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +167
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »
+1

Thanks all!  I just figured that if I am trashing the card then I lose the +2 actions because they are removed from play cause the card is removed from play.

Once Actions, Buys, and Coins are added to your pool of actions/buys/coins, the game no longer cares where they came from and they can't be retroactively taken away no matter what happens.

(Poor House is the only current card that can sort of do this, but it proves this rule because it reduces your coins from your total pool without considering where the coins came from, even coins that didn't come from Poor House can be taken away.)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 10:04:11 pm »
+1

Remember that when a card says +actions, you do NOT have to play another action card.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.935 seconds with 21 queries.