Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Don't get frustrated  (Read 2992 times)

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Don't get frustrated
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:04:19 pm »
+1

A win I did not deserve:

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201305/25/game-20130525-113225-a996333d.html

When I stole my opponent's freshly melded Industrialization (my turn 14), my opponent was plenty frustrated. So frustrated, that when he melded Globalization on his turn 16, he didn't realize he could dogma it for the win. I didn't give him a second chance.

Don't get frustrated. Forget about how badly the game has gone so far; play each turn as though you just sat down at the table.

(This message is as much for myself as anyone else. Usually, I'M the one throwing the game away due to frustration.)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +235
    • View Profile
Re: Don't get frustrated
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:57:42 pm »

Curiously I find innovation is a game that's harder to get frustrated. Unlike dominion. Thing is, in a game of innovation you hardly can expect something very certainly. With no expectation it is harder to get disappointed.

Dominion though is different. If I just play one game I certainly will expect to draw my initial buys in turn 3 and 4. If not, and when my opponent just goes off, that's frustration.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 10:22:38 pm »

Yeah, sometimes I see people rage about their luck in the Innovation Iso lobby, and I'm like, dude, you are playing the wrong game.

Kahryl

• Explorer
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 04:30:29 am »

I had one game of Dominion where my luck was so bad, I hit myself in head hard enough I felt it the next morning. Nothing would EVER line up.

In Innovation I've never felt more than a little frustrated. I think it's because nothing can screw you more than once per game. If you have a village/smithy deck in Dominion, every hand can ruin you the same way.. in Innovation, it's just going to be a bunch of little things.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 02:35:11 pm »

I can certainly see someone getting frustrated because shared Alchemy forced him to return a 12-card hand, or Enterprise keeps stealing cards, etc.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.