Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hello from a Returning Newb!  (Read 1344 times)

GalacticHitchhiker

• Herbalist
  • Village Valedictorian
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Hello from a Returning Newb!
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:08:16 am »
+2

Hey all.  I've fallen off the face of the Dominion world, but am hoping to make a return.  I live in NYC, and will probably be buying all the virtual cards soon.  Don't have a huge community of gamers here, so I may forgo the physical cards.

Some questions, since the world of Dominion has changed so much.  I'm sure the answers are somewhere on this board, and I'll find them eventually, but extra guidance is helpful.

I've read up on the Dark Ages stuff (but have yet to play with it)...when is Guilds being released?  Any solid date?  All I can find is Spring 2013, which is NOW.

PlayDominion.com.  I like it, but I've got some issues with the interface.  First, I'd like to edit my profile because I logged in via Facebook, and I don't really want to play under my real name.  How do I go about switching that, or perhaps switching my avatar.

Also, what's the best/cheapest way to buy all the expansions.  How many Goko $ (or whatever they're called) am I gonna need?

Finally, and NYC area community for Dominion?  It's been ages since I've played a live game, and I'd like to!

Thanks!

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from a Returning Newb!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 08:38:26 am »
+1

Also, what's the best/cheapest way to buy all the expansions.  How many Goko $ (or whatever they're called) am I gonna need?

we have a FAQ and more importantly a pretty solid wiki. if you are newer than checking those out is probably worth your time. your question can be answered in the first line of this entry on the FAQ:

"The cheapest way to get all currently available cards is buying the following packages: Intrigue Complete, Seaside Complete, Prosperity Complete, Super Pack 2 and Dark Ages Complete, for a total of 460 Gokoins. These can be aquired for $40. Note that the Super Pack 1 and the Mega Pack are more expensive than the total cost of their components."
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

GalacticHitchhiker

• Herbalist
  • Village Valedictorian
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from a Returning Newb!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 11:07:16 am »

Thanks!  I am now a proud owner of all of virtual Dominion.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.