Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A cool game  (Read 662 times)

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
A cool game
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:21:57 pm »
+1

Just played an awesome 3P game on goko which had some cool stuff going on.
http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130518/log.51427297e4b0f496b6dd4caf.1368893224140.txt

My plan:

Mercenary helps deal with the Curses that Familiar gives out, and Familiar helps get a Mercenary. Apothecary and Grand Market seem to be a little opposed, but you can use Apothecary to get lots of Coppers to Trash with a Mint purchase. With the short-term Apothecaries, Death Cart lets you get rid of them once you're done, and also provides some help getting GMs (Although you probably want a GM to give you extra buys for that +$5.) So, my plan: Open Potion/Silver, get a Familiar ASAP, get an Urchin, get Apothecaries with Potion hands, and trash a lot of Copper on a Mint Purchase. Once you have a couple of Apothecaries, get a Death Cart to clear them out.

The Execution:
I open Potion/Silver, get a Familiar, Urchin and some Apothecaries, but then start thinking "Do I really want Silver at $3? I should get a Wishing Well." I get one and remember that Apothecary/Wishing Well is a thing and so even though I get a Death Cart, I really don't use it that much. Instead, my Apothecaries turn Wishing Well's into Labs. I get a lucky Mercenary gain, and use it to trash the incoming curses, and get GMs. Once I have GMs, the ball's rolling, and I draw my deck every turn with Wishing Well thanks to Apothecary.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.