Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598629 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1750 on: March 18, 2015, 08:51:06 pm »
+8

Salvager doesn't seem to be recording logs at the moment. "Last recorded game finished 5 hr, 319 min ago. Either the Goko/MF server is down or something is wrong on my end."

Thanks.  Looking into it now...

We're back in business.

The problem was that my code didn't address the possibility of a player scoring more than 32,767 VP.  My database strongly objected to this game.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 18, 2015, 10:59:05 pm »

The problem was that my code didn't address the possibility of a player scoring more than 32,767 VP.  My database strongly objected to this game.
It's not the only one.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 18, 2015, 11:06:32 pm »

It's not the only one.

Is that someone spending all their zaps?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 19, 2015, 01:27:33 pm »
+1

It's not the only one.

Is that someone spending all their zaps?

Probably hacking adventures starting hands like in that post by SerakFalcon, but going a touch overboard.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 26, 2015, 01:42:32 pm »
+2

In a thread on why there are really low iso level players, Wandering Winder said that there's a bug in Salvager where if players change their names, displayed iso levels in Salvager don't update. This seems to impact a number of people.

A fix would be great, but in the meantime is there a way to tell how prevalent this is? Should I avoid using iso level filters on my games because a sizable fraction of people actually have higher ratings than is displayed by Salvager?

There's a bug with players who change their names - displayed iso levels in Salvager don't ever update. That could be some of it.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: March 26, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »

In a thread on why there are really low iso level players, Wandering Winder said that there's a bug in Salvager where if players change their names, displayed iso levels in Salvager don't update. This seems to impact a number of people.

A fix would be great, but in the meantime is there a way to tell how prevalent this is? Should I avoid using iso level filters on my games because a sizable fraction of people actually have higher ratings than is displayed by Salvager?

There's a bug with players who change their names - displayed iso levels in Salvager don't ever update. That could be some of it.

As someone impacted the bug I'd certainly prefer it! I'm at 5100 Pro / 28 Iso right now (I'm probably overrated), but since I switched my name as soon as I started playing online I'll be at -54 for eternity. Would be cool to play with the people who have Iso filters on that I qualify for.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 26, 2015, 03:00:51 pm »

As someone impacted the bug I'd certainly prefer it! I'm at 5100 Pro / 28 Iso right now (I'm probably overrated), but since I switched my name as soon as I started playing online I'll be at -54 for eternity. Would be cool to play with the people who have Iso filters on that I qualify for.

If you say in chat, "There's a bug, I'm actually level 28", given your 5100 Pro rating people will probably believe you (or take 10 seconds and confirm on http://www.gokosalvager.com/leaderboard). However, if someone isn't paying attention to the chat (frequently that's me), that won't work.

Switching to Goko Pro ratings means excluding some good players if they haven't been active recently. Which is one reason why people use Iso in the first place.

This leads to a suggestion: an "or" feature on Salvager's autokick. E.g., with this feature putting (5000+ or L25+) in a game title means someone can join your game if they're 5000+ Pro or Iso L25+.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 26, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »

This is tough.  The game logs only have the players' current usernames, not their unique hash id.  MF/Goko also allows a player to adopt an old username that another player abandoned.

So you can have multiple usernames for one player or multiple players for one username.  This creates obvious challenges for Isotropish and Salvager.  A comprehensive fix is hard.  A while back, serakfalcon proposed a partial solution along with other improvements to my database schema.

The "bug" is actually a compromise I made in lieu of an actual solution to the player identification issue.  I now think it was probably the wrong choice, and I'll reconsider the alternatives.  Feel free to PM me or discuss on github if you're interested in the details or in implementing a solution.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 13, 2015, 03:28:50 pm »

gokosalvager.com appears to be down.  server need a reboot?
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »

gokosalvager.com appears to be down.  server need a reboot?
never mind, it's back
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
  • Highest Rank/Rating: 58/5600
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 21, 2015, 03:33:21 am »

How come the app doesn't appear after I install it? Is there another step? I am using chrome. It says installed and "activated" but it doesn't show up under apps or anything.
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 21, 2015, 03:45:48 am »

How come the app doesn't appear after I install it? Is there another step? I am using chrome. It says installed and "activated" but it doesn't show up under apps or anything.

I'm not clear on what you're looking at.  See the attached screenshots and let me know how yours differ.

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 21, 2015, 08:17:37 pm »

I'm not clear on what you're looking at.  See the attached screenshots and let me know how yours differ.

Oh hey it's working now! Either way I thought it would appear under my Chrome App Launcher icon. But I think I needed to restart the computer or something before it would work. That might have been it.
"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." - William Lyon Phelps

belugawhale

• Moneylender
  • Something.
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
Goko Salvager Bug
« Reply #1763 on: May 05, 2015, 11:41:34 am »

When I buy a victory card/curse, and then reveal trader to put it back, Salvager still counts the card as "gained". It causes a disreprency between the actual score and the score salvager is reporting.

Picture attached.

and the link to the log (shows 196 curses as deck contents)
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150505/log.5398f139e4b09ac4e56c0b10.1430839779304.txt
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:42:48 am by belugawhale »
removed by user

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Salvager Bug
« Reply #1764 on: May 05, 2015, 12:14:57 pm »

When I buy a victory card/curse, and then reveal trader to put it back, Salvager still counts the card as "gained". It causes a disreprency between the actual score and the score salvager is reporting.

Picture attached.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150505/log.5398f139e4b09ac4e56c0b10.1430839779304.txt
I think this has been mentioned before, and is Goko's fault not Salvager's? (Most stupid information problems seem to be Goko's fault)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Flip5ide

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 06, 2015, 03:52:49 am »

Picture attached.

How do you play Solo?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 06, 2015, 04:38:54 am »

Picture attached.

I think this has been mentioned before, and is Goko's fault not Salvager's? (Most stupid information problems seem to be Goko's fault)

It looks like the log itself is wrong.  It's saying that you gained a Curse, not a Silver:

Code: [Select]
Potato-2- - buys Curse
Potato-2- - receives 1 victory point chips
Potato-2- - reveals reaction Trader
Potato-2- - gains Curse

Oddly enough, I can't reproduce the bug.  When I try the same thing, it correctly tells me I gained a Silver.  I even tried it with Goons in play, in case that was somehow related.

Code: [Select]
Andrew Iannaccone - buys Curse
Andrew Iannaccone - receives 1 victory point chips
Andrew Iannaccone - reveals reaction Trader
Andrew Iannaccone - gains Silver

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 06, 2015, 05:18:45 am »
+3

The Silver pile is empty when all those Trader shenanigans happen. You can double check this by seeing a Trader trashing Silver and gaining nothing the turn before. It looks like when you reveal Trader while the Silver pile is empty, Making Fun logs a "gain Curse" instead of nothing.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 06, 2015, 05:23:26 am »
+1

The Silver pile is empty when all those Trader shenanigans happen. You can double check this by seeing a Trader trashing Silver and gaining nothing the turn before. It looks like when you reveal Trader while the Silver pile is empty, Making Fun logs a "gain Curse" instead of nothing.

Good catch.  I can see why this case hasn't come up until now.

PS: I'm not gonna fix it.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #1769 on: May 06, 2015, 06:41:34 am »
+1

Picture attached.

How do you play Solo?

You have to play in the Secret Chamber lobby.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: May 06, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »

FYI: the simulator actually makes you gain a Curse instead of nothing, it's a known bug. Not sure why the log says yu have 196 of them?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

TheNark

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 08, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

Hello.
I hope this is the correct thread for this...
Trying to install Goko Salvager for Firefox. The link from forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.msg283465#msg283465, though, does not work - when I click it, it leads me to a page full of symbols from top to bottom

(example: PK Echrome/UT ��T��Tux ��PK E chrome/icons/UT ��T��Tux ��PK Echrome/icons/default/UT ��T��Tux ��PKE�gۇO�chrome.manifestUT ��T��Tux ��K��+I�+QPPH���/N�)KLO-R@�U�\\�e�E9�� �E���V��IE��ũE�0%P�^Ei�B��p����y u\PK Econtent/UT ��T��Tux ��PKE�@���content/chatbox.jsUT ��T��Tux ���Xmo�6��_��C%���t�f/ڦ�,K�݀"���Ф )
and thatīs just first two rows, the page has like a hundred pages of this.
Possibly the link is broken?

How can I install the Salvager for Mozilla Firefox? Can anyone help me?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 08, 2015, 02:29:18 pm »

Hello.
I hope this is the correct thread for this...
Trying to install Goko Salvager for Firefox. The link from forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9198.msg283465#msg283465, though, does not work - when I click it, it leads me to a page full of symbols from top to bottom

(example: PK Echrome/UT ��T��Tux ��PK E chrome/icons/UT ��T��Tux ��PK Echrome/icons/default/UT ��T��Tux ��PKE�gۇO�chrome.manifestUT ��T��Tux ��K��+I�+QPPH���/N�)KLO-R@�U�\\�e�E9�� �E���V��IE��ũE�0%P�^Ei�B��p����y u\PK Econtent/UT ��T��Tux ��PKE�@���content/chatbox.jsUT ��T��Tux ���Xmo�6��_��C%���t�f/ڦ�,K�݀"���Ф )
and thatīs just first two rows, the page has like a hundred pages of this.
Possibly the link is broken?

How can I install the Salvager for Mozilla Firefox? Can anyone help me?

Try downloading the file, then running it manually instead.  Browsers have gotten finicky about third-party extensions.

TheNark

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 08, 2015, 03:48:08 pm »

I canīt really "download" a string of symbols. Do you have a link that will lead to a file instead to a text?
Yea I can see it can be browserīs fault. Just trying to find a fix.

Many thanks for caring enough to reply.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 08, 2015, 03:56:42 pm »

I canīt really "download" a string of symbols. Do you have a link that will lead to a file instead to a text?
Yea I can see it can be browserīs fault. Just trying to find a fix.

Many thanks for caring enough to reply.

Right-click the link, then click "Save As."  That should save the extension as "firefox-latest-gokosalvager.xpi."  Then find the file and double-click it... I believe that still works for Firefox.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.