Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 600440 times)

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1575 on: September 09, 2014, 12:10:05 pm »

At the risk of being overly glib, note that it's only in ~0.03% of games that this even has the potential to affect VP counts.

Twice as high as that, I think, since it could affect Fairgrounds as well as Gardens, if the counter thinks you've spent your last Spoils but you haven't.

ThaddeusB gets +1 for noting that Pillage also produces Spoils.  The correct frequency is 0.05%.

Alan gets +1 for noting Fairgrounds, but -2 for not noticing that I'd already counted it.

First person to note Black Market and Young Witch gets... to do the math themselves.

The same bug would also apply to Procession-Madman-Madman or KC-Madman-Madman-Madman (but not TR-Madman-Madman), as long as you have already drawn your whole deck (and, in the case of Procession, Poor House is not available from the supply).

Challenge: think of situations in which each of the plays in question would be rational.
Actually, it is the opposite -as currently written the tracker will subtract multiple madmen from your deck if you TR/KC/ Procession it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:11:21 pm by ThaddeusB »

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 10, 2014, 12:26:02 am »
+4

Cool! Now to get something like this incorporated into an "Advanced" mode of the Salvager Kingdom Generator...

I've added AI's "Formula for modified card frequencies" to the kingdom generator and submitted a pull request.

https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/pull/248

Edit: I should mention that in the kingdom generator interface, when adding cards to the more/less/exclude lists, enter the card names separated by + or ,
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:49:57 am by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 10, 2014, 03:46:54 pm »

the extension isn't working properly for me today, i can see the log and VP counter, but can't scroll up/down the log, or click the end actions/end turn buttons or reply to the chat. Wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem ( I had it 2 days back as well). Using Windows 8, newest Chrome and Salvager 2.5.4.9 (the beta version).
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 11, 2014, 12:34:22 am »

the extension isn't working properly for me today, i can see the log and VP counter, but can't scroll up/down the log, or click the end actions/end turn buttons or reply to the chat. Wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem ( I had it 2 days back as well). Using Windows 8, newest Chrome and Salvager 2.5.4.9 (the beta version).

There doesn't seem to be an epidemic, so it's probably something specific to your machine.  Got any uncommon extensions that might be fighting with Salvager?  Does Goko work properly for you with the extension off?  Post a screenshot and your Javascript log and I'll look for the error.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 11, 2014, 12:35:05 am »
+1

Cool! Now to get something like this incorporated into an "Advanced" mode of the Salvager Kingdom Generator...

I've added AI's "Formula for modified card frequencies" to the kingdom generator and submitted a pull request.

https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/pull/248

Edit: I should mention that in the kingdom generator interface, when adding cards to the more/less/exclude lists, enter the card names separated by + or ,

Now available in the current beta (v2.5.5.0).  Thanks, michaeljb!
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:51 am »

There doesn't seem to be an epidemic, so it's probably something specific to your machine.  Got any uncommon extensions that might be fighting with Salvager?  Does Goko work properly for you with the extension off?  Post a screenshot and your Javascript log and I'll look for the error.

It seems to be working fine again today, if I get the problem again i'll get a screenshot and Javascript log.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 12, 2014, 12:53:12 pm »

Is automatch supposed to be working? I am getting no error and it says it connects, but I haven't been automatched with anyone else in about a month. The only really restrictive thing I have in my settings is at least 2 sets.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12862
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1582 on: September 12, 2014, 01:21:37 pm »

Is automatch supposed to be working? I am getting no error and it says it connects, but I haven't been automatched with anyone else in about a month. The only really restrictive thing I have in my settings is at least 2 sets.
I think it's probably working, it's just that nobody's playing on Goko.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 13, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »
+1

Not sure if this is the right thread to report things related to the tools on gokosalvager.com, but a few things don't seem to be updated for Prince.  Kingdom Visualizer gives a blank page for the Prince games, searching logs for games with Prince gives "Error parsing supply" and searching for games without Prince is another blank page.
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 13, 2014, 07:48:18 pm »
+1

Not sure if this is the right thread to report things related to the tools on gokosalvager.com, but a few things don't seem to be updated for Prince.  Kingdom Visualizer gives a blank page for the Prince games, searching logs for games with Prince gives "Error parsing supply" and searching for games without Prince is another blank page.

Thanks.  Fixed.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 16, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »

random question/idea: you can choose a radius of sets for the automatch settings. I assume the way this works is, it only gets you opponents that are within this range of sets, but in the end the one with more sets always hosts anyway. if that is in fact how it works... isn't that really bad? people with all sets might select a really narrow/high radius, because they don't want to play with only a few sets, when in reality all that does is make them not play with people who don't have a lot of sets. or doesn't it work that way?

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:01 pm »

Feature request: Display for each table the number of sets (or similar) owned by the creator of the table. Optionally (instead of or on top of) add an option to automatically hide tables whose creator owns less than K sets, for a K I can choose in the settings.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1587 on: September 16, 2014, 04:25:55 pm »

random question/idea: you can choose a radius of sets for the automatch settings. I assume the way this works is, it only gets you opponents that are within this range of sets, but in the end the one with more sets always hosts anyway. if that is in fact how it works... isn't that really bad? people with all sets might select a really narrow/high radius, because they don't want to play with only a few sets, when in reality all that does is make them not play with people who don't have a lot of sets. or doesn't it work that way?
There was a point at which it didn't always choose the player with more sets as the host, so if you owned all cards, in order to play with all cards, you had to require all cards. And I still got automatched with those people. So I think it just finds you a game within that range of sets, not necessarily an opponent within that range of sets.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #1588 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:24 pm »

No, it doesn't work that way. As you say, it would be obviously dumb. "At least N sets" means that you will only play games with at least N sets, not only opponents with at least N sets: who cares what he owns, if you'll be playing with all sets because you have them all.

Feature request: Display for each table the number of sets (or similar) owned by the creator of the table. Optionally (instead of or on top of) add an option to automatically hide tables whose creator owns less than K sets, for a K I can choose in the settings.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can find out what cards are owned by anyone but yourself. The automatch knows because you're being matched against another player running Salvager, which tells you what cards are owned; you can't find this out for some random joe in a lobby.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 16, 2014, 04:30:03 pm »

No, it doesn't work that way. As you say, it would be obviously dumb. "At least N sets" means that you will only play games with at least N sets, not only opponents with at least N sets: who cares what he owns, if you'll be playing with all sets because you have them all.

so, a player with all sets can always be matched up with a player without sets, regardless of their settings (as long as neither of them has an upper limit)?

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: September 16, 2014, 06:16:31 pm »

so, a player with all sets can always be matched up with a player without sets, regardless of their settings (as long as neither of them has an upper limit)?
I believe that's correct.  I seem to remember being automatched with players who owned more sets before I bought any myself.  If you own all sets, you're capable of playing an all-sets game with anyone. 

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +465
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 17, 2014, 06:07:57 am »

Ever hit "End Turn" when you didn't mean to? I've just submitted a pull request for a feature that might be able to help you out:

Great work!  I just accepted the pull request and deployed as v2.5.4.6 for beta users.

Nice work, but I would prefer the "End turn" button to be moved only in situations where you would usually/often not want to click it (i.e. when you have enough coins left for a card better than Copper). Similarly, I'd prefer the "End Actions" button to appear at its usual place e.g. if you only have a Necropolis left. Or alternatively, always put these buttons in the side bar, but keep the original buttons in place when there's little risk of misclick.

Also, if you're re-creating the buttons anyway, you might fix Goko's mistake and rename "End turn": It should properly read "End buy phase", since cleanup effects like Herbalist or Alchemist only happen after you click it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1592 on: September 17, 2014, 07:21:46 am »
+3

Nice work, but I would prefer the "End turn" button to be moved only in situations where you would usually/often not want to click it (i.e. when you have enough coins left for a card better than Copper). Similarly, I'd prefer the "End Actions" button to appear at its usual place e.g. if you only have a Necropolis left. Or alternatively, always put these buttons in the side bar, but keep the original buttons in place when there's little risk of misclick.
I wouldn't. It's more convenient to always have the buttons in the same place.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +465
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 17, 2014, 08:06:58 am »

I wouldn't. It's more convenient to always have the buttons in the same place.

I would agree if that place was in the play area close to their original place. But I find it annoying to have to click a button on the side bar every second turn, which also doesn't look like the original button.
One more nitpick: I would prefer the buttons not to be visible (or clearly distinguished) when you can't click them - sometimes I want to end my turn with Actions left, but clicking "End turn" doesn't do anything yet.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 17, 2014, 08:33:10 am »
+3

One more nitpick: I would prefer the buttons not to be visible (or clearly distinguished) when you can't click them - sometimes I want to end my turn with Actions left, but clicking "End turn" doesn't do anything yet.

A better suggestion: make it actually clickable and let it be "end actions + end turn" at once.

Breezy D

• Salvager
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 18, 2014, 06:00:36 am »
+1

I must say I love the alternate buttons as they are. I don't mind clicking End Actions then End Turn.

It has definitely saved me a misclick or two.

Thanks to all those who've made those buttons appear on my screen.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1596 on: September 18, 2014, 09:30:11 am »

Automatch is offline and Isotropish ratings aren't displayed in the lobby. Other features seem to work fine. The problem could be on my end because my connection has been unstable lately.

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 18, 2014, 11:13:55 am »

Automatch is offline and Isotropish ratings aren't displayed in the lobby. Other features seem to work fine. The problem could be on my end because my connection has been unstable lately.
No, I'm getting the same.  Usually just means AI needs to restart service(s) on his server when he sees this.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1598 on: September 18, 2014, 12:43:32 pm »

Oh, autokick (at least based on Iso levels) isn't working either. I just played a game against someone who overpaid $1 for Masterpiece.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 18, 2014, 02:07:46 pm »
+4

Oh, autokick (at least based on Iso levels) isn't working either. I just played a game against someone who overpaid $1 for Masterpiece.

oh... I've done that before... but it was a gardens game so does that make it ok?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.