Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598576 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1550 on: August 31, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

I wouldn't find that feature very useful, since I usually know how many copies of each relevant card I want before I even start playing (and when the number changes during the game, it's also pretty easy to remember), and splits I can just check from the log if they are relevant.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:27 pm »
+2

A hook I added to init.js to get rid of the HORRIBLY LOUD "game lost" and "game won" sounds (I like the other game sounds.)
    GS.oldplay = Dom.SoundManager.prototype.play;
    Dom.SoundManager.prototype.play = function(options) {
      if(options['name'] == 'loseGame' || options['name'] == 'winGame' ) {
        return;
      }
      return GS.oldplay.call(this, options);
    };
My opponent has more loot than me

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 03, 2014, 10:22:40 am »
+1

I just moved the discussion about whether a deck tracker should be allowed into a new thread.

Feature requests and suggestions for how to implement features should still go here.   Debates over whether to allow deck tracking should go there.  Same for point tracking, veto mode, and other rule variants.

PS: I accidentally move the new thread into "News and Announcements."  Could someone who moderates that board please move it back to "Dominion Online?"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:24:24 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 03, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »
+1

This may be unrealistic to implement, but a feature that showed the string used in the Kingdom generator to create a game (for unrated/casual games) but hid the Kingdom itself would be great.

For example, suppose you want to exclude Scout (or include Prince), but not see the Kingdom in advance.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 04, 2014, 05:54:27 pm »
+1

Hello

did somebody already mention, that the log prettifier is broken for prince?

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140830/log.516d6636e4b082c74d7bdf6f.1409439695668.txt
Greetings,
SirDagen

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 04, 2014, 11:33:56 pm »

So, I added another monitor to my computer. This causes Salvager to get scrunched up, and I can't see the chat or the score bar. It is impossible for me to change the dimensions either. FWIW, the monitor I added is a full screen monitor and not wide screen. Anyway, do you know how to fix this at all?

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 05, 2014, 12:28:59 am »

Have you tried zooming out on the web browser? That should make the UI smaller and leave more room for salvager, I think.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 05, 2014, 12:38:46 am »
+1

... and if that doesn't work, try posting a screenshot.  Which browser and extensions you use may also be relevant.  I doubt there'd be anything imoprtant in your Javascript log, but posting it is good for your soul.  :)
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 05, 2014, 01:13:54 am »
+2

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 05, 2014, 04:05:49 am »

... and if that doesn't work, try posting a screenshot.  Which browser and extensions you use may also be relevant.  I doubt there'd be anything imoprtant in your Javascript log, but posting it is good for your soul.  :)

I discovered playing in full screen mode takes care of the problem. Thanks for the feedback. By the way, love that the actions and end turn buttons are where they are now.

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 07, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »
+1

VP counter bug (also effects log viewer): See this game - http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140907/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1410124895271.txt  - The salvager and log viewer both say my opponent had 32 when he actually had 35.  Most likely, it is miscalculating the Gardens value for some reason.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 07, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »

it looks like i'm of the 10% most commonly blacklisted people. thehe. ahem. i think it's a mixture of the gg thing, the vp thing, the fact that I like to resign games whenever they're over, and at least one guy blacklisted me because i like to spend a mintue thinking before the game. so, i get kicked from games sometimes of people who don't mind playing me when I host, because of the "blacklist the X% most commonly blacklisted people" option. but it's not a bug, the feature does what it's supposed to. I didn't even want to post this at first, but some people said I should. so yea, apparently I'm extremely bm. which is interesting, I didn't know that before  :'(

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 07, 2014, 11:03:59 pm »
+1

VP counter bug (also effects log viewer): See this game - http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140907/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1410124895271.txt  - The salvager and log viewer both say my opponent had 32 when he actually had 35.  Most likely, it is miscalculating the Gardens value for some reason.

Ah... it's the Counterfeit-Spoils interaction:
Code: [Select]
PeWi plays Counterfeit
PeWi plays Spoils
PeWi plays Spoils

When either Salvager or the log viewer sees this, it thinks that 2 Spoils were played and returned to the Supply, when really it was only 1 Spoils played twice.  So it's getting the deck counts wrong.

Actually, it may not be possible to solve this in all cases.  You can't tell from just the log whether it was Counterfeit played on 1 Spoils or Counterfeit on nothing followed by playing 2 Spoils.

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 07, 2014, 11:54:44 pm »

Ah... it's the Counterfeit-Spoils interaction:
Code: [Select]
PeWi plays Counterfeit
PeWi plays Spoils
PeWi plays Spoils

When either Salvager or the log viewer sees this, it thinks that 2 Spoils were played and returned to the Supply, when really it was only 1 Spoils played twice.  So it's getting the deck counts wrong.

Actually, it may not be possible to solve this in all cases.  You can't tell from just the log whether it was Counterfeit played on 1 Spoils or Counterfeit on nothing followed by playing 2 Spoils.
Seems solveable in most cases, except some weird ones, but you'd have to track the contents of the player's hand (can you do that during the game, or only with the post-game log that says which 5 cards you drew at end of turn?).  The deck can't lose more Spoils than were in the player's hand.  One edge case where things are still ambiguous is if a player has two Spoils in hand, double-plays one with Counterfeit, then declines to play the other.  There might be other weird cases involving multiple Counterfeits. 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 08, 2014, 08:17:15 am »

Seems solveable in most cases, except some weird ones, but you'd have to track the contents of the player's hand (can you do that during the game, or only with the post-game log that says which 5 cards you drew at end of turn?).  The deck can't lose more Spoils than were in the player's hand.  One edge case where things are still ambiguous is if a player has two Spoils in hand, double-plays one with Counterfeit, then declines to play the other.  There might be other weird cases involving multiple Counterfeits.

Yes, you can handle many cases by adding hand-tracking logic to the post-game log viewer.  That's no good for Salvager's in-game log viewer and VP counter though.  Further discussion on github: https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/247

At the risk of being overly glib, note that it's only in ~0.03% of games that this even has the potential to affect VP counts.

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 08, 2014, 11:59:31 am »

At the risk of being overly glib, note that it's only in ~0.03% of games that this even has the potential to affect VP counts.
I wouldn't call that overly glib at all.  In professional programming frequency of occurrence is taken into account when deciding how much effort to put into fixing something, so your note is perfectly normal imho. 

By the same token, I've gone back and taken another look at the "replace every single Goko button" project I started a while back, and I think I'm temporarily shelving it.  End Actions and End Turn seem like the biggest misclick offenders by far, so we've already picked the low-hanging fruit.  I could do the rest but it would be a lot of effort, I'm not so sure there's enough bang for the buck.  But on the bright side I actually looked at Salvager code :)  Life is calming down, in another few weeks, maybe a month, I'll probably have some time to work on it again. 

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 08, 2014, 02:13:24 pm »

It would probably be simpler for rare edge cases like this, to just sanity check the deck count whenever the discard is empty since you should be able to count all the cards at that point.

I think you aren't actually supposed to be allowed to count your opponents deck, but I think Goko shows it, so it is public knowledge there.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #1567 on: September 08, 2014, 02:18:40 pm »

Yes, you can handle many cases by adding hand-tracking logic to the post-game log viewer.  That's no good for Salvager's in-game log viewer and VP counter though.  Further discussion on github: https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/issues/247

Twice as high as that, I think, since it could affect Fairgrounds as well as Gardens, if the counter thinks you've spent your last Spoils but you haven't.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 08, 2014, 03:55:54 pm »
+4

Twice as high as that, I think, since it could affect Fairgrounds as well as Gardens, if the counter thinks you've spent your last Spoils but you haven't.

ThaddeusB gets +1 for noting that Pillage also produces Spoils.  The correct frequency is 0.05%.

Alan gets +1 for noting Fairgrounds, but -2 for not noticing that I'd already counted it.

First person to note Black Market and Young Witch gets... to do the math themselves.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1569 on: September 08, 2014, 04:07:08 pm »

ThaddeusB gets +1 for noting that Pillage also produces Spoils.  The correct frequency is 0.05%.

Alan gets +1 for noting Fairgrounds, but -2 for not noticing that I'd already counted it.

First person to note Black Market and Young Witch gets... to do the math themselves.
Yay, I have always wanted to do math myself!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 08, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 08, 2014, 06:37:07 pm »
+1

feature request: a friends list.
Third time's the charm

It's not that we're ignoring you.  It's just that nobody has really done any Salvager development in the last few months.

dereeder

• Steward
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:20 pm »

The same bug would also apply to Procession-Madman-Madman or KC-Madman-Madman-Madman (but not TR-Madman-Madman), as long as you have already drawn your whole deck (and, in the case of Procession, Poor House is not available from the supply).

Challenge: think of situations in which each of the plays in question would be rational.

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 08, 2014, 11:01:01 pm »

Challenge: think of situations in which each of the plays in question would be rational.
Simple: You need the +actions from Madman for some reason.  If you have that many Madman plays, you're probably looking for a megaturn, maybe you have a stack of Goons or Bridges and you can end the game with all of them in play.

dereeder

• Steward
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:50 pm »

Simple: You need the +actions from Madman for some reason.  If you have that many Madman plays, you're probably looking for a megaturn, maybe you have a stack of Goons or Bridges and you can end the game with all of them in play.

I was thinking of the other case, in which you play KC or Procession on nothing, then all of the Madmen one at a time (for no draw).  With HoP and Poor House, I guess there could be a situation in which you might play Procession of nothing, Madman, Madman.  I can't think of it for KC, though.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.