Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598610 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1525 on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:16 pm »

Is the point counter down somehow? Isn't appearing to me and I have a friend with the same problem.

Working for me.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1526 on: July 25, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »

Is the point counter down somehow? Isn't appearing to me and I have a friend with the same problem.
It's working for me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29:26 pm »
+1

My side bar has started functioning improperly.  For both chat and game log, anytime anything new happens it defaults back to the top (e.d. Turn 1 or the first chat of the game).

Needless to say, this is quite infuriating as it makes the log almost impossible to use.  If I want to know what my opponent bought last turn I either need to scroll to the bottom to see it.  If I want to track my turns progress as it's going on, I need to constantly scroll to the bottom because any new action card played will cause the log to go to the top.  Is there any way to fix this?  It makes it much more challenging to follow, especially my opponents turn.  If I scroll the log to see his action chain or mid-turn gains if he does something else I go right back to the top.  In order to fully track what he does I would have to take 1 minute at the start of all of my turns just to read through what he did.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 25, 2014, 05:42:30 pm »

My side bar has started functioning improperly.  For both chat and game log, anytime anything new happens it defaults back to the top (e.d. Turn 1 or the first chat of the game).

Needless to say, this is quite infuriating as it makes the log almost impossible to use.  If I want to know what my opponent bought last turn I either need to scroll to the bottom to see it.  If I want to track my turns progress as it's going on, I need to constantly scroll to the bottom because any new action card played will cause the log to go to the top.  Is there any way to fix this?  It makes it much more challenging to follow, especially my opponents turn.  If I scroll the log to see his action chain or mid-turn gains if he does something else I go right back to the top.  In order to fully track what he does I would have to take 1 minute at the start of all of my turns just to read through what he did.

It's actually not a new bug... it's the original intended behavior and it's always been that way.  I agree that it's wrong though.

I personally don't have time for Salvager development right now, but it's probably this line that needs to be changed.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:44:41 pm by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 01, 2014, 04:19:49 am »
+4

Feature idea:

Grey out the "JOIN" boxes where you aren't welcome to join, judging by the table name.

That would make the relevant JOINs stand out more, and I wouldn't have to check my current rating/level over again, risking the spot will be taken by someone else.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:34:14 am by pst »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:52 am »
+2

the black list doesn't seem to work.

also

and it also failed for MacAber

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 07, 2014, 11:51:30 am »

Man SS you just attract all sorts of unsavory characters don't you?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 07, 2014, 02:07:11 pm »
+3

Thanks.  I've found and fixed the problem, released in beta v2.5.4.8.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 07, 2014, 02:50:22 pm »
+2

-image snip-

also

-image snip-

and it also failed for MacAber

I think the best part of this is that at the end of the chat, you say "but i know why" instead of "but i don't know why".
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 07, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

yay

I think the best part of this is that at the end of the chat, you say "but i know why" instead of "but i don't know why".

I was actually referring to the fact that I put him on my blacklist before.

Sansa

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 16, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

Hello,

Sorry if the question has already been asked, but there is so many pages  :D

The side thingy is very useful but it takes half my page ! How can I reduce it to a quarter of the screen or something ?

Thank you  :D

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1536 on: August 16, 2014, 04:17:47 pm »
+1

Hello,

Sorry if the question has already been asked, but there is so many pages  :D

The side thingy is very useful but it takes half my page ! How can I reduce it to a quarter of the screen or something ?

Thank you  :D
It takes all the empty space there is. Reduce your window size, and the side thingy will also get smaller.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:43 am »
+5

"Side Thingy" needs to be the official name.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 18, 2014, 12:12:42 pm »

Very sorry if this has already been discussed, but this thread is long and I didn't find anything in searches.

Would it be at all possible to somehow override the "End Turn" and possibly other buttons with Salvager in the same way that new buttons have been added into the UI?  It would be really nice if we could bring back the old Isotropic functionality that makes you confirm atypical actions like ending your turn without buying a card.

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 18, 2014, 12:40:06 pm »
+1

Very sorry if this has already been discussed, but this thread is long and I didn't find anything in searches.

Would it be at all possible to somehow override the "End Turn" and possibly other buttons with Salvager in the same way that new buttons have been added into the UI?  It would be really nice if we could bring back the old Isotropic functionality that makes you confirm atypical actions like ending your turn without buying a card.

Not sure if it's in the full release, but the beta has an option to move End Actions and End Turn to the top of the sidebar, so they're out of the way.  Adding a confirmation dialog to those substitute buttons would probably be doable but imho the new position is good enough to prevent accidental clicks. 

I was also working on a complete replacement of all Goko buttons, but it turned out to be quite a bit of work, and real life has cut into my Dominion-related time, and I've cut back on Salvager coding instead of cutting back on actually playing the game :) 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 18, 2014, 12:53:38 pm »

Oh, FYI for Andrew...
Last recorded game finished 5 hr, 308 min ago. Either the Goko/MF server is down or something is wrong on my end.
Goko/MF seems fine.  And I'm guessing that number of minutes needs to be mod-ed by 60? :)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 18, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »
+1

Oh, FYI for Andrew...
Last recorded game finished 5 hr, 308 min ago. Either the Goko/MF server is down or something is wrong on my end.
Goko/MF seems fine.  And I'm guessing that number of minutes needs to be mod-ed by 60? :)

Thanks.  Linode instance ran out of space.  Fixed it and the logger is catching up now.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:47 pm »

Not sure if it's in the full release, but the beta has an option to move End Actions and End Turn to the top of the sidebar, so they're out of the way.  Adding a confirmation dialog to those substitute buttons would probably be doable but imho the new position is good enough to prevent accidental clicks. 

I was also working on a complete replacement of all Goko buttons, but it turned out to be quite a bit of work, and real life has cut into my Dominion-related time, and I've cut back on Salvager coding instead of cutting back on actually playing the game :)

I agree that moving them should prevent most accidental clicks.  I will try to check out the beta.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 28, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »
+3

Feature request: Add Prince to the Kingdom Generator.

theblankman

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 28, 2014, 03:16:23 pm »

Will not fix.  Can not reproduce card: Prince :)

But seriously, I just took a look to see if I could do this in five minutes, and the kingdom generator code made my head spin a little.  Someone who's been in there before could probably get this done a lot quicker than I can.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: August 28, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »
+5

Done in v2.5.4.9 BETA.  Available now via manual download.  Google will take a little while to update the Chrome Store beta version.

I'll deploy v2.5.4.9 as the main release in a day or two if all is well.

Edit: The Chrome Store version is out.  If you're still running v2.5.4.7 (or .8), force an update in your Chrome Settings/Extensions.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:09:19 pm by ragingduckd »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 28, 2014, 05:21:36 pm »
+1

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
  • Respect: +109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 28, 2014, 07:14:27 pm »

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 31, 2014, 02:45:22 pm »

Thank you for the amazing Salvager extension.

I am quite lazy. What I would love to see is a tracking display that shows my current deck size and my cards even during the game, like this screenshot from the gamelog:

:)

P.S. Some other feedback: The "end actions" button from the beta version is quite far away from the play area, but I don't have a better solution up to now. ("End turn" is fine where it is.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:46:59 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 31, 2014, 03:22:12 pm »

If you do that, I'll quit playing Dominion.

How do you know nobody has done this yet? Coded his own tracking extension even with additional features of displaying what cards are left in the draw pile and showing the exact percentage for each card type to be drawn by Wishing well if you play it...
Greetings,
SirDagen
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.