Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598692 times)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #1275 on: April 28, 2014, 06:16:24 am »
+2

The log tense stuff is Making Fun's issue; Salvager doesn't generate the log, it just displays it.

If it is just one word that would need to change I think it would be a simple fix, but if it turned out more words were that way people would want those fixed too, more little requests happen and before you know it there's a complete Goko-to-Isotropic log converter. Now that I've said that someone probably wants it but the point I'm trying to make is that I don't think it's worth anyone's time to add this to Salvager.

Go ahead and post the request on Making Fun's forums, though I personally have no idea what sort of response you'll get there.

Reposted it there. Feeling myself as nerdy as possible :)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 28, 2014, 06:21:08 am »

The log tense stuff is Making Fun's issue; Salvager doesn't generate the log, it just displays it.

If it is just one word that would need to change I think it would be a simple fix, but if it turned out more words were that way people would want those fixed too, more little requests happen and before you know it there's a complete Goko-to-Isotropic log converter. Now that I've said that someone probably wants it but the point I'm trying to make is that I don't think it's worth anyone's time to add this to Salvager.

Go ahead and post the request on Making Fun's forums, though I personally have no idea what sort of response you'll get there.

A full Goko-to-Isotropic converter would be a rather challenging project, as some of the required information doesn't show up in the Goko logs (e.g. Masquerade passes).  Edit: I do think that some work has been done on it though... by serakfalcon and/or ftl maybe?

Personally, I'm not likely to attend to this either, but I can certainly point you to the relevant section of code if you're interested in working on it yourself.  It would actually be a rather simple fix (or set of fixes), just search and replace with Javascript regular expressions.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:26:19 am by ragingduckd »
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 28, 2014, 06:33:45 am »

Well, let's see what Making Fun guys would say to that. If they are not planning to fix that, I would gladly contribute.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 28, 2014, 06:52:19 am »

Edit: I do think that some work has been done on it though... by serakfalcon and/or ftl maybe?

Council Room related?
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 28, 2014, 06:57:25 am »

Edit: I do think that some work has been done on it though... by serakfalcon and/or ftl maybe?

Council Room related?

Yes.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Acher

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 28, 2014, 02:46:21 pm »
+1

When I get an automatch the box that pops up asking me if I want to accept is now too big to fit on my screen (I use a small netbook) so I have to zoom out a lot to get to the accept button (which is often too late).

I think it's because there now seems to be a chat window that has pushed the accept and decline buttons down. I am not very knowledgeable about tech stuff. Can anyone help me?

Also, what's up with some of the lobby rooms having negative numbers (e.g. Courtard -6)?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:24 pm »

When I get an automatch the box that pops up asking me if I want to accept is now too big to fit on my screen (I use a small netbook) so I have to zoom out a lot to get to the accept button (which is often too late).

I think it's because there now seems to be a chat window that has pushed the accept and decline buttons down. I am not very knowledgeable about tech stuff. Can anyone help me?

Hi Acher, please post a screenshot at your preferred resolution so I can see what would make sense.

Also, what's up with some of the lobby rooms having negative numbers (e.g. Courtard -6)?

It's MF/Goko.

Acher

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 28, 2014, 04:25:47 pm »
+1

Thanks!

I attached a screenshot. Is this what you wanted?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 28, 2014, 04:43:38 pm »

Thanks!

I attached a screenshot. Is this what you wanted?

lol. Yes, I definitely understand the problem now.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 28, 2014, 06:54:35 pm »
+7

inb4 random link to my past

For developers:

I submitted a pull request adding JSLint to the project via Grunt. After it gets accepted, running "npm install" will download the node packages you'll need.
"grunt jslint" will run JSLint with settings defined in the Gruntfile, and "grunt watch:jslint" will start a process that will automatically run JSLint whenever a relevant file changes.

The Development page on the Wiki mentions following JSLint, and I figured it'd be nice for that to actually be part of the project.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:56:05 pm by michaeljb »

Magyi

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 30, 2014, 07:20:51 am »

Hi everyone, I have a new galaxy note and tried to use Firefox with the extension. Goko itself works but grease monkey cannot be installed to this v29 version of firefox. Is this a new thing or I should not wait since the extension wont work on tablets. I know that for chrome currently extensions are not supported for tablet. Does it work for anyone with firefox? Thanks.

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 30, 2014, 07:42:38 am »
+1

Hi everyone, I have a new galaxy note and tried to use Firefox with the extension. Goko itself works but grease monkey cannot be installed to this v29 version of firefox. Is this a new thing or I should not wait since the extension wont work on tablets. I know that for chrome currently extensions are not supported for tablet. Does it work for anyone with firefox? Thanks.
You can try find something for Android like Virtual Chrome for Ipad.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10255.msg336731#msg336731

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 30, 2014, 12:23:53 pm »
+4

It's MF/Goko.

it took me a couple tries to realize that the MF stood for Making Fun and not something else.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 30, 2014, 12:38:06 pm »
+2

Dominion Salvager seems to be broken today.
I have version 2.5.4.2, and nothing work on goko. I try to desactivate the add on, and all is working, very badly without the add on but it works.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #1289 on: April 30, 2014, 12:41:37 pm »
+1

I have version 2.5.4.2, and nothing work on goko. I try to desactivate the add on, and all is working, very badly without the add on but it works.

The server is down.  Will probably have to wait for AI to get home and notice.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: April 30, 2014, 02:01:47 pm »
+2

Just a theory: more integration with the Isotropish leaderboard means more Salvager features break when gokosalvager.com is down, and some of those are trying to replace elements of Goko's interface, so it looks as if some game features are fully broken.  Used to be the only thing that didn't work without the server was Automatch, but today I don't get the box of player stats when I click on someone's icon.  I'm guessing the reason is because Salvager gets stuck trying to retrieve the player's Iso level and never gets around to presenting the altered box. 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 30, 2014, 03:08:36 pm »
+3

Just a theory: more integration with the Isotropish leaderboard means more Salvager features break when gokosalvager.com is down, and some of those are trying to replace elements of Goko's interface, so it looks as if some game features are fully broken.  Used to be the only thing that didn't work without the server was Automatch, but today I don't get the box of player stats when I click on someone's icon.  I'm guessing the reason is because Salvager gets stuck trying to retrieve the player's Iso level and never gets around to presenting the altered box.

I've noticed.  But yes, I'm not at home and can't fix it right now.  My attempts to move the server to Linode have been disastrous... I've run into every problem from random ssh timeouts to running out of memory to running out of filesystem inodes.  I'm going to give Amazon's hosting a try instead.

BlankMan, you're absolutely right that Salvager should not be relying on my server to function properly.  I've been pretty careful about this so far (e.g. avatars default to loading from Retrobox if gokosalvager.com is down, then default to Goko if retrobox is down).  Unfortunately, I loused it up on this last release.  I'm working on an emergency fix right now.

As far as I know, the only broken functionality is the user detail popups.  Automatch, of course, won't work until I get the server back online, nor will autokick by Isotropish rating.  Is there anything else that isn't working?  Edit: Okay, I see that autokick is causing other issues too.  Thanks yed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:27:41 pm by ragingduckd »

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #1292 on: April 30, 2014, 03:15:26 pm »

I've noticed.  But yes, I'm not at home and can't fix it right now.  My attempts to move the server to Linode have been disastrous... I've run into every problem from random ssh timeouts to running out of memory to running out of filesystem inodes.  I'm going to give Amazon's hosting a try instead.

BlankMan, you're absolutely right that Salvager should not be relying on my server to function properly.  I've been pretty careful about this so far (e.g. avatars default to loading from Retrobox if gokosalvager.com is down, then default to Goko if retrobox is down).  Unfortunately, I loused it up on this last release.  I'm working on an emergency fix right now.

As far as I know, the only broken functionality is the user detail popups.  Automatch, of course, won't work until I get the server back online, nor will autokick by Isotropish rating.  Is there anything else that isn't working?

What kind of server resources does salvager need? I'm surprised you've had trouble with linode: I've been running numerous webservers on a single linode for years, with very few problems. I may even have room to let you try running salvager on it, if you want to give it a try. The only issue is that I'm still running on a 32-bit architecture (lol). If you do want to try out my linode, and desperately need 64 bits, maybe that will be a good excuse to figure out upgrading.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 30, 2014, 03:27:07 pm »

What kind of server resources does salvager need? I'm surprised you've had trouble with linode: I've been running numerous webservers on a single linode for years, with very few problems. I may even have room to let you try running salvager on it, if you want to give it a try. The only issue is that I'm still running on a 32-bit architecture (lol). If you do want to try out my linode, and desperately need 64 bits, maybe that will be a good excuse to figure out upgrading.

Partly it's just that it's carelessly written.  There was no good reason to run out of memory or inodes.  I just had only run it before on my own server, which has tons of both, so I'd never bothered to make it slicker.  I've run into some other more mysterious problems too.  I'm sure they have similarly reasonable causes, but I'm feeling a bit fed up, plus EgorK gave me a whole bunch of AWS credit.

The random ssh timeouts are still weird, and I'm not happy with the latency either.  It's faster and more reliable to connect to my own server, despite it being stuck behind my local cable-based ISP... that just can't be right.

TheMirrorMan

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 30, 2014, 04:37:21 pm »

As far as I know, the only broken functionality is the user detail popups.  Automatch, of course, won't work until I get the server back online, nor will autokick by Isotropish rating.  Is there anything else that isn't working?

Well, not really. As far as I can see :

* I'm not getting my avatar (although I do see yed's e.g.) - but this is most probably because I cleared my cache earlier.
* I can join a game, but my opponent doesn't notice (I don't appear in his box) - Edit : this seems to be working now.
* When I create a game, nobody joins (but maybe I'm just that wicked :) )
* We can't get the details of the player (as you mentioned)

I don't know how much of these relate to Salvager or not. I'm on Google Chrome with Salvager 2.5.4.2 ? Somebody suggested not using Chrome ... I dunno.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:39:27 pm by TheMirrorMan »
Here comes the mirror man. Says he's a people fan.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 30, 2014, 04:39:42 pm »

Well, not really. As far as I can see :

* I'm not getting my avatar (although I do see yed's e.g.) - but this is most probably because I cleared my cache earlier.
* I can join a game, but my opponent doesn't notice (I don't appear in his box)
* When I create a game, nobody joins (but maybe I'm just that wicked :) )
* We can't get the details of the player (as you mentioned)

I don't know how much of these relate to Salvager or not. I'm on Google Chrome with Salvager 2.5.4.2 ? Somebody suggested not using Chrome ... I dunno.

It's pretty much the same for me. wanna play?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 30, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »
+4

BlankMan, you're absolutely right that Salvager should not be relying on my server to function properly.  I've been pretty careful about this so far (e.g. avatars default to loading from Retrobox if gokosalvager.com is down, then default to Goko if retrobox is down).  Unfortunately, I loused it up on this last release.

Don't take all the credit! I contributed the Isotropish level popup code that's breaking things now. :P

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:11:36 pm by michaeljb »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1297 on: April 30, 2014, 06:02:48 pm »
+4

BlankMan, you're absolutely right that Salvager should not be relying on my server to function properly.  I've been pretty careful about this so far (e.g. avatars default to loading from Retrobox if gokosalvager.com is down, then default to Goko if retrobox is down).  Unfortunately, I loused it up on this last release.

Don't take all the credit! I contribued the Isotropish level popup code that's breaking things now. :P
inb4 random post that we can un+1
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 30, 2014, 06:27:20 pm »
+6

Salvager fix is in.  You need v2.5.4.3

If you're running the Chrome store version, the update is automatic.  Everyone else has to download and re-install manually.  I can't push an auto-update to you while my server is down.

The new versions are available here for official releases: http://aiannacc.github.io/v2.5.4.3/
And here for the beta tester version: http://aiannacc.github.io/v2.5.4.3/forbetas/

Autoupdate and Isotropish levels still won't work until my server is back online.  The fix just makes the extension fail more gracefully when it can't find my server.  For example, you won't see Iso level in the player level popup, but at least it won't break the popup code anymore when it fails to find the Iso level.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:18:38 am by ragingduckd »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #1299 on: April 30, 2014, 07:11:42 pm »
+9

inb4 random link to my past

Well, ok, not so random.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.