Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 598579 times)

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #875 on: March 16, 2014, 06:41:48 am »
+1

All noted and added to github.  Thanks.

FWIW, there is still a chatbox and VP-Counter chat in bot games for me. (I'm using Chrome.)

"Added to github" just means that I've added it to the (long) list of outstanding issues.  It might be quite a while before anyone actually fixes this.

Also, when selecting a bot opponent in the multiplayer lobby, their Casual rankings are shown in the pop-up list, although I have the "Show Pro rankings" setting activated...

New to me.  I'll look into it.

I've just read this, and I don't know how it happened. I've rarely used the Automatch feature at all...  ???

No worries.  It's long past and it was my bug, not any misuse on your part.  Just random that you were the user who triggered it.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 16, 2014, 05:19:01 pm »

A cool feature would be auto-opening text & closing text.  For example "Hi have fun :)" at the beginning & "gg" at the end.

Not sure how easy it would be, just an idea. :)

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 16, 2014, 07:01:28 pm »
+7

A cool feature would be auto-opening text & closing text.  For example "Hi have fun :)" at the beginning & "gg" at the end.

I feel like doing this automatically kind of makes it meaningless...
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 16, 2014, 07:27:59 pm »

yes. wtf???

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 16, 2014, 10:12:55 pm »

It already says, "I have joined the game".
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 16, 2014, 10:27:28 pm »
+8

That greeting message will customizable (and blank by default) in the next major release, unless someone persuades me that it's a bad idea.  I don't like the idea of allowing people to automate "gg," since there's already so much drama about that.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 16, 2014, 11:40:42 pm »
+1

I don't like the idea of allowing people to automate "gg," since there's already so much drama about that.

yes, i for one would've had a very big problem with that, thanks. i also think no greeting by default is a good idea. the "i have joined the game thing", though it isn't annoying or anyhting, doesn't really add much for me
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:45:04 pm by silverspawn »

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:21 pm »
+2

I don't like the idea of allowing people to automate "gg," since there's already so much drama about that.

yes, i for one would've had a very big problem with that, thanks. i also think no greeting by default is a good idea. the "i have joined the game thing", though it isn't annoying or anyhting, doesn't really add much for me

Personally, I like it because it lets you know if someone is still having goko loading struggles.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 17, 2014, 04:36:39 am »
+9

My new least favorite card is Stonemason, because I hate seeing the Goko bots gain a dozen random cards every single turn.  And the only choices for speed are set it on fast and have the card-gaining graphic take forever, or set it on very fast and see nothing.

Seriously, the card gaining graphic is annoying.  Why does it need to pause so long?

Based on this, is it possible to maybe make it so that you change the speed to very fast just when the card-gaining graphic is there and then change it back?

I'm really glad you reminded me of this.  The "Normal" and "Fast" modes are actually pretty inconsistent all around.  They're clearly designed to be uniformly 2x and 4x faster than "Slow," but there are weird exceptions like the card-gaining animation, which has exactly the same 1000ms delay regardless of whether you're in Slow, Medium, or Fast.

Anyway, I just added an option to make Medium uniformly 2x faster than slow and Fast uniformly 4x faster.  So that card gain delay is now only 250ms on fast... long enough to see it, but not long enough to piss you off.  Enable "Make speeds more consistent" to activate the fix.  Also, since most of us wish there was a speed in between Fast (which is too slow) and Very Fast (which is just silly), I've added an option that makes Medium and Fast each about 50% faster.  Very Fast mode is unchanged.

Both new options are in v2.4.5, which is being published now.  Oh, and you probably didn't even notice v2.4.4, but that included michaeljb's fix for the kingdom generator.  He fixed the error that was making it reload the page.  Here's a post of his for you to +1, for those of you too lazy to find one for yourself.

awildnoobappeared

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 17, 2014, 05:13:38 am »
+4

Some sort of visual notification when you receive a chat message would be awesome, as there's been plenty of times I've missed messages in the log.

Perhaps a flash of color in the chat window, or something like that?

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 17, 2014, 04:28:06 pm »

All noted and added to github.  Thanks.

FWIW, there is still a chatbox and VP-Counter chat in bot games for me. (I'm using Chrome.)

"Added to github" just means that I've added it to the (long) list of outstanding issues.  It might be quite a while before anyone actually fixes this.
I see; sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, when selecting a bot opponent in the multiplayer lobby, their Casual rankings are shown in the pop-up list, although I have the "Show Pro rankings" setting activated...

New to me.  I'll look into it.

Thanks. It's no big problem for me; I think it's always been this way.

My new least favorite card is Stonemason, because I hate seeing the Goko bots gain a dozen random cards every single turn.  And the only choices for speed are set it on fast and have the card-gaining graphic take forever, or set it on very fast and see nothing.

Seriously, the card gaining graphic is annoying.  Why does it need to pause so long?

Based on this, is it possible to maybe make it so that you change the speed to very fast just when the card-gaining graphic is there and then change it back?

I'm really glad you reminded me of this.  The "Normal" and "Fast" modes are actually pretty inconsistent all around.  They're clearly designed to be uniformly 2x and 4x faster than "Slow," but there are weird exceptions like the card-gaining animation, which has exactly the same 1000ms delay regardless of whether you're in Slow, Medium, or Fast.

Anyway, I just added an option to make Medium uniformly 2x faster than slow and Fast uniformly 4x faster.  So that card gain delay is now only 250ms on fast... long enough to see it, but not long enough to piss you off.  Enable "Make speeds more consistent" to activate the fix.  Also, since most of us wish there was a speed in between Fast (which is too slow) and Very Fast (which is just silly), I've added an option that makes Medium and Fast each about 50% faster.  Very Fast mode is unchanged.

It' great that you "fixed" the card gain delay; I wasn't aware that it was a Goko "bug", but it was very annoying. 1-second delay is really absurd; even 250ms is a bit too long for my taste...

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:12 pm »

Both new options are in v2.4.5, which is being published now.  Oh, and you probably didn't even notice v2.4.4, but that included michaeljb's fix for the kingdom generator.  He fixed the error that was making it reload the page.  Here's a post of his for you to +1, for those of you too lazy to find one for yourself.

This is awesome. I've gotten used to just ignoring the animations and watching the log, but it would be nice if that fancy UI actually gave some useful information. Would it be possible to just make the different speeds options in the user settings? Like a box for each speed option with the delay you want and a box for each speed option to set the relative speed (maybe fraction of slow, so 1.0 = goko Slow and 4.0 = goko Fast). Thanks!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 17, 2014, 09:09:04 pm »
+1

Sorry for all the requests (and this one maybe exists already)...

Feature request:  Can Salvager hide all ongoing games in the lobbies (set on/off in settings)?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 18, 2014, 12:26:00 am »

Well maybe "gg" but not "hi, have fun" which I pretty much always say (unless it's an opponent I just played in which case I'll say "hi again" or something.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 18, 2014, 04:49:56 am »
+4

Well maybe "gg" but not "hi, have fun" which I pretty much always say (unless it's an opponent I just played in which case I'll say "hi again" or something.

"Hi!  I like shorts!  They're comfy and easy to wear!"

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 18, 2014, 05:13:38 am »
+1

"Hi!  I like shorts!  They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Ok fine, you're good at wearing shorts.  There's no need to brag about it.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 18, 2014, 05:33:10 pm »
+9

And now that nearly year-old post is one of the messages of the week.

🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 18, 2014, 06:37:34 pm »
+4

Is Making Fun different from Goko? Did they buy the whole game?
I don't know what Goko is now. Making Fun is a different entity that predates Goko. They have two employees that worked at Goko (the one who answers questions in the forums, and a programmer). I don't know anything about money changing hands. Making Fun is the entity working on online Dominion, and it sounds like they expect they are in it for the long haul.

Anyone else think we should drop "Goko" from the extension's name now?

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 18, 2014, 11:12:46 pm »
+7

So what should the new name be? "Making Dominion Online fun"?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 18, 2014, 11:15:00 pm »
+4

So what should the new name be? "Making Dominion Online fun"?

Dominion Online Extension

or

Dominion Online Salvager

Let's future-proof this sucker! Who knows how many times this implementation will change hands?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 18, 2014, 11:20:22 pm »

But what if t some point they replace the implementation completely?

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 18, 2014, 11:51:45 pm »
+7

You mean like with physical cards made of paper?  That'd be crazy.  How would that even work?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 18, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »

Then the extension will no longer work and we'll need a new extension.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 19, 2014, 12:16:49 am »
+1

Dominion Online Salvager

That's what I was thinking.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 19, 2014, 12:42:55 am »
+9

Then the extension will no longer work and we'll need a new extension.

Or maybe, just maybe, we won't.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.