Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 601910 times)

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »

Sorry for my question (since the link is right in your sig).

I like the new money stacking & the chat on the side is so much better than their terrible pop-up window. :)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2014, 12:49:49 am »
+5

Is there anyway AI that the YW and Ruins pile can somehow be manipulated onto page 1. I know this is probably highly unlikely, but otherwise, the extension is perfect!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #852 on: March 09, 2014, 01:34:10 am »
+2

Is there anyway AI that the YW and Ruins pile can somehow be manipulated onto page 1. I know this is probably highly unlikely, but otherwise, the extension is perfect!
And if it's not possible to make it work so that you could buy the card from page 1, even just displaying it would be awesome.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 09, 2014, 01:50:22 am »
+1

And if it's not possible to make it work so that you could buy the card from page 1, even just displaying it would be awesome.

I'm not really sure what it would take.  Mostly the game UI stuff is pretty awful, so i havent spent much time with it. I'll think about it though.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 10, 2014, 12:26:08 pm »
+3

While we are making wild requests, I would like to see all instances of the term "deck" replaced with almost any other word.  A kingdom is not a deck.

I would like the replacement to include other player's game names so that I don't have to see the players who have erroneously adopted the absurd misuse of the word.

The only exception is the draw pile, it's okay if that's says deck, because that's what a deck actually is.

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:25 pm »

VP Counter seems to have a problem to count correctly the score of my opponent "Goko Took My $$". I think that the "$$" in his name are the problem.
The log window display only one $ !

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 10, 2014, 01:07:39 pm »
+1

The only exception is the draw pile, it's okay if that's says deck, because that's what a deck actually is.

Actually, I would call deck to draw pile + discard pile + hand cards + played cards + Native Village mat cards + Island mat cards + set aside cards (Durations, Haven'd cards, Horse Traders, etc). So basically all
"your" cards.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 10, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »
+1

Actually, I would call deck to draw pile + discard pile + hand cards + played cards + Native Village mat cards + Island mat cards + set aside cards (Durations, Haven'd cards, Horse Traders, etc). So basically all
"your" cards.
That's a common jargon we use but technically incorrect.  If Island mat cards are already part of your deck, they can't be "returned there at the end of the game"

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 10, 2014, 01:28:17 pm »
+6

I have a feature request: Having opponent's # cards in deck, relevant tokens, etc duplicated on the sidebar. The goko layout makes these a pain to see if you also want to see # of actions, buys, and coins. Thanks!
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:03 pm »
+5

VP Counter seems to have a problem to count correctly the scorefor  my opponent "Goko Took My $$". I think that the "$$" in his name are the problem.

This is actually Goko's "Bobby Tables" bug, not Salvager's.  The log messages they produce internally are broken.  I could try to adjust for it, but since he's the only regular player with that issue (and he's even aware of it), I don't really feel all that motivated.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 10, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »
+7

I have a feature request: Having opponent's # cards in deck, relevant tokens, etc duplicated on the sidebar. The goko layout makes these a pain to see if you also want to see # of actions, buys, and coins. Thanks!

I like this suggestion.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 10, 2014, 05:06:52 pm »

I like this suggestion.

As a possible alternative, I at one time suggested to Goko the idea a keyboard shortcut to expand/contract other players' info bars. This seems like something that could pretty easily be inserted via Salvager.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 10, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »
+5

I like this suggestion.

As a possible alternative, I at one time suggested to Goko the idea a keyboard shortcut to expand/contract other players' info bars. This seems like something that could pretty easily be inserted via Salvager.

AI, can you also add one for Remodel?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Alexmf

• Steward
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 10, 2014, 06:59:57 pm »

Oh yeah, that would really be a great addition. Another one of those ridiculous interface problems would be resolved.

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:59 am »

I just happened to use safari's plugin and i like that the sidebar log has indentation, can this be implemented for chrome too? thx

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 11, 2014, 04:07:05 am »
+3

I like this suggestion.

How about both? If the hotkey is easy to do, it would certainly be a great quick fix. I think the sidebar info would be cool as a potentially more laborious project, though.

I often find myself slacking on the deck tracking because I keep having to toggle the info bar in and out. The worst part is that it wouldn't be a problem if the stupid avatars weren't there. I like the custom avatars, but the built-in goko ones are dumb, and I would much rather see how many cards my opponent has in their deck than what quasi-medieval face they feel best encompasses them as an online gaming individual.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 11, 2014, 04:51:12 am »
+2

I just happened to use safari's plugin and i like that the sidebar log has indentation, can this be implemented for chrome too? thx

The Safari sidebar log has indentation?

minovsky

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:58 am »

hmmm just tested it out again don't see it anymore... that only time I used safari was before the change to playdominion.com, the "aaa buys xxx" and "aaa gains xxx" are indented a bit which made it easier to read (for me), especially since the card "gain" after the "buy" is the exact same card (most of the time) so I could focus on the key items, especially in mega turns when there is a million buys

so it was never there? I have no idea why I saw it... never mind then...   ???

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 11, 2014, 09:11:39 am »

hmmm just tested it out again don't see it anymore... that only time I used safari was before the change to playdominion.com, the "aaa buys xxx" and "aaa gains xxx" are indented a bit which made it easier to read (for me), especially since the card "gain" after the "buy" is the exact same card (most of the time) so I could focus on the key items, especially in mega turns when there is a million buys

I'll consider this a feature request for indentation in the logs. :) Care to show me an example of what you have in mind?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #869 on: March 11, 2014, 03:41:23 pm »
+5

VP Counter seems to have a problem to count correctly the scorefor  my opponent "Goko Took My $$". I think that the "$$" in his name are the problem.

This is actually Goko's "Bobby Tables" bug, not Salvager's.  The log messages they produce internally are broken.  I could try to adjust for it, but since he's the only regular player with that issue (and he's even aware of it), I don't really feel all that motivated.

This is the same decision I made when some jerk with a weird name like "plays a copper" broke my parser for councilroom.

minovsky

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:39 am »

I'll consider this a feature request for indentation in the logs. :) Care to show me an example of what you have in mind?

I didn't take any screenshots, but I am reproducing something below based on a recent game for what I think I saw back then. basically it grouping all the lines associated with 1 card into one indentation block. and in particular, further indenting the "gains" after the "buys" line so it's quicker to notice what exactly was bought especially in turns where there are multiple buys.

minovsky   duration Wharf
  minovsky     draws Tournament, Forager
  minovsky     draws Advisor, Gold
  minovsky     draws Tournament, University
minovsky   plays Advisor
  minovsky     reveals: University, Potion, Mountebank
  Villager Bot  discards Mountebank
  minovsky     places cards in hand: University, Potion
minovsky   plays Advisor
  minovsky   reveals: Advisor, Curse, Curse
  Villager Bot  discards Advisor
  minovsky   places cards in hand: Curse, Curse
minovsky   plays Advisor
  minovsky   reveals: Silver, Mountebank, Silver
  Villager Bot discards Mountebank
  minovsky   places cards in hand: Silver, Silver
minovsky   plays University
  minovsky     gains Advisor
minovsky   plays Wharf
  minovsky    draws Forager, Silver
minovsky   plays Forager
  minovsky    trashes Silver
minovsky   plays Forager
  minovsky    trashes Curse
minovsky   plays Tournament
  minovsky     draws Forager
minovsky   plays Tournament
  minovsky    shuffles deck
  minovsky    draws Advisor
minovsky   plays Forager
  minovsky    trashes Curse
minovsky   plays Advisor
  minovsky   reveals: Estate, Curse, Silver
  Villager Bot discards Silver
  minovsky    places cards in hand: Estate, Curse
minovsky   plays University
  minovsky    gains Advisor
minovsky   plays Mountebank
  Villager Bot gains Copper
  Banker Bot discards Curse
minovsky   plays 3 Silver, 1 Gold, 1 Potion
  minovsky    buys Province
     minovsky gains Province
  minovsky    buys Province
    minovsky  gains Province
  minovsky    buys University
    minovsky  gains University
minovsky draws Mountebank, Silver, Mountebank, University, University

Edit: actually it would even be more helpful in the log prettifier when reviewing games, especially for games that I did not play (when I look at how experts play)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:45:30 am by minovsky »

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:52 pm »
+2

My new least favorite card is Stonemason, because I hate seeing the Goko bots gain a dozen random cards every single turn.  And the only choices for speed are set it on fast and have the card-gaining graphic take forever, or set it on very fast and see nothing.

Seriously, the card gaining graphic is annoying.  Why does it need to pause so long?

Based on this, is it possible to maybe make it so that you change the speed to very fast just when the card-gaining graphic is there and then change it back?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 15, 2014, 04:06:32 am »
+8

Feature request:  Could Salvager pull information about a table host and post it next to the player or table name?  I'm thinking # of sets and pro rating.  It would save us all a click on the face, at the very least, if we are thinking of joining games in lobbies.  It could just be something like (4766/4), denoting a 4766 pro ranking and 4 sets owned.

All the information is there somewhere, right?  Appearing in the table name seems easiest, but maybe as a rollover of the avatar?  Dunno, just an idea.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +468
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 15, 2014, 01:29:18 pm »

Since the extension seems to already check whether I play bots or real people, I'd like to make the following feature request:

Don't show the chat box in bot games (no matter my chat box settings), and don't post VP-Counter info there in this case; the bots don't bother to chat ;).

Either way, thanks for creating such an awesome extension; it greatly improves the game (whenever Goko works at all...).

It would also be nice if the notifications for someone joining your game didn't pop up if the player is a bot that you just selected to join the game.

Also, is it possible for the notification to tell you who is joining your game, along with their casual and pro rankings?

All noted and added to github.  Thanks.

FWIW, there is still a chatbox and VP-Counter chat in bot games for me. (I'm using Chrome.)

Also, when selecting a bot opponent in the multiplayer lobby, their Casual rankings are shown in the pop-up list, although I have the "Show Pro rankings" setting activated...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:34:24 pm by Holger »

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +468
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2014, 01:32:16 pm »
+1

I noticed this:

and have seen Holger occupying the "Seeks" list before with multiple clones. He also doesn't appear in the extension users list, which leads me to suspect both that new requests don't automatically cancel old ones, as I think they should, and that requests don't get cancelled if the user quits, so maybe you want to periodically check (every 30 seconds or so?) whether a user in the seek list is still in the extension user list (you can't really expect him to quit gracefully b.c. of computer crashes and stuff).

It does check periodically for disconnected users. I'm not sure how Holger managed to sneak through once, let alone a dozen times. FYI, the "Extension Users" are only the ones who are online and not currently in a game.

Obviously that UI isn't really ready for prime time. I'll just reset the server to get rid of Holger's seeks for now.

I've just read this, and I don't know how it happened. I've rarely used the Automatch feature at all...  ???
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72  All

Page created in 2.576 seconds with 21 queries.