Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 72  All

Author Topic: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion  (Read 600492 times)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: Goko Dominion Salvager Discussion
« Reply #825 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:06 am »
+2

Since the extension seems to already check whether I play bots or real people, I'd like to make the following feature request:

Don't show the chat box in bot games (no matter my chat box settings), and don't post VP-Counter info there in this case; the bots don't bother to chat ;).

Either way, thanks for creating such an awesome extension; it greatly improves the game (whenever Goko works at all...).

It would also be nice if the notifications for someone joining your game didn't pop up if the player is a bot that you just selected to join the game.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:57 am »
+4

Since the extension seems to already check whether I play bots or real people, I'd like to make the following feature request:

Don't show the chat box in bot games (no matter my chat box settings), and don't post VP-Counter info there in this case; the bots don't bother to chat ;).

Either way, thanks for creating such an awesome extension; it greatly improves the game (whenever Goko works at all...).

It would also be nice if the notifications for someone joining your game didn't pop up if the player is a bot that you just selected to join the game.

Also, is it possible for the notification to tell you who is joining your game, along with their casual and pro rankings?

Senayen

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:05 am »

Did something change in how you use the Kingdom generator? It worked for me before (using Chrome, before the domain move), but now (i have 2.4.3) I don't get the popup when I create a new game ... do I have to invoke it somehow?

The user settings were cleared in the most recent update, so you probably need to turn it back on. If you go to the Dominion Online home screen there is a "User Settings" button.

If it's not this, I would try hitting the randomize card button again, that seems to work for me if the Kingdom generator box doesn't pop up at first.
Thanks. The button did not show for me at first, I deactivated the blocking of 3rd-party-cookies and it worked ... but I'm not so sure this was the cause, as I can't think of a reason why it would be related to cookies from makingfun.com

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2014, 10:04:12 am »

Did something change in how you use the Kingdom generator? It worked for me before (using Chrome, before the domain move), but now (i have 2.4.3) I don't get the popup when I create a new game ... do I have to invoke it somehow?

The user settings were cleared in the most recent update, so you probably need to turn it back on. If you go to the Dominion Online home screen there is a "User Settings" button.

If it's not this, I would try hitting the randomize card button again, that seems to work for me if the Kingdom generator box doesn't pop up at first.
Thanks. The button did not show for me at first, I deactivated the blocking of 3rd-party-cookies and it worked ... but I'm not so sure this was the cause, as I can't think of a reason why it would be related to cookies from makingfun.com
There is a bug which makes "user settings" link hidden sometimes. You need to refresh page when that happens.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2014, 11:59:29 am »

Also, is it possible for the notification to tell you who is joining your game, along with their casual and pro rankings?

All noted and added to github.  Thanks.

Probably unrelated, but it would be sooo funny if this actually fixed the title page issues.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

minovsky

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 05, 2014, 11:35:36 pm »

thanks from me too for the awesome extension! I was using the chat on sidebar function in chrome and I noticed if I type a long sentence, the chat box got widened and the play area shifted slightly to the left, and when I tried to buy a card clicking on the "+" icon, it doesn't work, I need to shift my cursor to just a bit left to the outside of the "+" icon to buy the card. some of my friends even complained they got a different card from the one they tried to buy several turns after that chat box got widened (they quit afterwards :P)

This is clearly important, but I can't replicate it.

Can you tell me your browser and extension version number?  A screenshot would also help, plus knowing whether there's any particular conditions (e.g. window size) that make it happen.

Goko has some code that tries to resize the game screen in response to the size of your browser window.  This might be some weird interaction with that code.

screenshot here: http://d.pr/i/TVn5
the chat area got "wider" because of the scroll bar, and the original goko screen area shifted slight to the left at the same time when the scroll bar appears

chrome Version 33.0.1750.117
extension 2.4.1

thx for looking into this!

Fixed in v2.4.2.  Update should be automatic.  Check your version number if this issue persists.  Tested in Chrome and FF.
Also just released v2.4.3, which (probably) reenables Salvager on Safari (which apparently nobody is using).  It works for me in Safari 5.1.7 for Windows at least.

minovsky, please let me know if the '+' icon issue goes away.  I had noticed similar behavior before, but I hadn't connected it with the chat area scroll bar.

sorry i was busy the past couple of days didn't get to play at all. Just tried it and it worked! thx much for fixing :)

Narz

• Salvager
  • keeping it real
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 06, 2014, 04:57:41 pm »

Sorry for not scanning thread but latest working Firefox extension is at?  Is there a link I should bookmark where updates will always be?

Thanks again for your hard work on this!  Goko should be paying you for! :)

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #832 on: March 06, 2014, 06:22:09 pm »

if you want to try and replicate the + issue, I can tell you that I get it fairly reliably because I'm using another chrome extension "Type-ahead-find".  if this extension gets activated (tries to find as I type), the log and chat box get shifted a bit, and then I get the + error.  So if you want to try and debug the + issue, you can try using this extension to reliably reproduce the error.  (Extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/type-ahead-find/cpecbmjeidppdiampimghndkikcmoadk?hl=en  )
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:04 pm »

if you want to try and replicate the + issue, I can tell you that I get it fairly reliably because I'm using another chrome extension "Type-ahead-find".  if this extension gets activated (tries to find as I type), the log and chat box get shifted a bit, and then I get the + error.  So if you want to try and debug the + issue, you can try using this extension to reliably reproduce the error.  (Extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/type-ahead-find/cpecbmjeidppdiampimghndkikcmoadk?hl=en  )

Hmm... I'll look at it.  No promises though.  I expect this is deeply rooted in the Goko screen-resizing nonsense, a place I fear to tread.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #834 on: March 06, 2014, 06:54:03 pm »

i wouldn't call this a high priority, personally.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 06, 2014, 07:21:49 pm »

i wouldn't call this a high priority, personally.

That's what I meant to say. ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:12:07 am by ragingduckd »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2014, 11:31:40 am »
+2

New docs on how to contribute to Salvager:

https://github.com/aiannacc/Goko-Salvager/wiki/Development

It's not easy, but at least now it's not as confusing as it looked!

shwick222

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »

Hi I installed salvager on chrome but I can't see the blacklist?

Also how do I remove the in game chat it takes up half the screen I prefer it the original way.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »

Hi I installed salvager on chrome but I can't see the blacklist?

Also how do I remove the in game chat it takes up half the screen I prefer it the original way.

Sidebar chat can be disabled under "User Settings".  You probably also want to disable the sidebar itself (with the log and VP counter) if you're trying to save screen space.

Sometimes the User Settings link doesn't appear on the main page.  Reloading once or twice should make it appear.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2014, 07:05:02 pm »
+7

Blacklist Recovery:

The recent URL change makes it impossible for Salvager to access your previously-stored settings.  They're still there in your browser, but it takes a little hacking to fish them out:
  • Go to https://play.goko.com/x.  You'll get a 404 error, but that's okay
  • Open the Javascript Console (usually Ctrl-Shift-J)
  • Enter the this command:
        document.write(JSON.parse(localStorage.salvagerOptions).blacklist.join('<br>'))
  • Manually copy the names into your new blacklist

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2014, 07:11:39 pm »
+20

You'll get a 404 error, but that's okay

Now you're really starting to think like a Goko developer.

shwick222

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2014, 07:18:57 pm »

Wow I had to refresh the main page before this invisible user settings appeared wtf...

It had blacklist options in it and I unchecked the chat thanks!

edit: it seems the chat still leaves a big black space on the right side of the screen even if I uncheck it, I was hoping it would resize back to normal

also when I create a table with automatch enabled it doesnt seem to kick people below the point threshold
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:58:09 pm by shwick222 »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:37 pm »

Wow I had to refresh the main page before this invisible user settings appeared wtf...

Goko hates us.  You have no idea how much effort has gone into failing to fix that.

It had blacklist options in it and I unchecked the chat thanks!

edit: it seems the chat still leaves a big black space on the right side of the screen even if I uncheck it, I was hoping it would resize back to normal

I can't replicate this.  What browser and extension version please?  A screenshot and copy of your Javascript console log would be helpful too (Ctrl-Shift-J, then copy the console output).

also when I create a table with automatch enabled it doesnt seem to kick people below the point threshold

What is the exact name of your table?  Do you have "Autokick: by rating range" enabled?

shwick222

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 07, 2014, 09:17:16 pm »

chrome version 33.0.1750.146 m
Goko Dominion Salvager 2.4.3

Code: [Select]
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://dom.retrobox.eu/avatars/516fd1c2e4b082c74d7e24bb.png
Cross-origin image load denied by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy. gameClient.html:1
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<WebKitNotification> has no method 'close' notifications.js:133
Time: 1.402 seconds FS.DeckBuilder.js:1298
FSSDK - called our ClientGameInstance constructor DominionGameClient.js:118
using query parameters for canvas size: 760 570 DominionUI.js:3952
calling FS.Advertising DominionGameClient.js:204
callback from FS.Advertising DominionGameClient.js:211
canvas size different, using: layout1024x768 DominionUI.js:3343
Using layout: layout1024x768 DominionUI.js:1486
creating dominionwindow DominionUI.js:13175
using card buidler. DominionUI.js:3739
canvas size: 760 570 layoutSize: [size 1024 768] DominionUI.js:11360
using requestAnimationFrame DominionUI.js:13251

http://i.imgur.com/QTnze2W.jpg

I think the auto kick was actually working, just once a guest got past it I dunno its good now :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:45:03 pm by ragingduckd »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 07, 2014, 10:02:50 pm »

Hrm... I can't replicate in Chrome 33 on windows or linux.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Is that your whole log?  If so, then Salvager isn't running. ;)

For what it's worth, this is where the problem is:
Code: [Select]
canvas size: 760 570 layoutSize: [size 1024 768] DominionUI.js:11360
Goko is getting confused about how big your window is.  It's got some stupid code that tries to dynamically resize everything.

My best guess is that it's some funny interaction with the new GS version (I'm sure I changed the css layout stuff) and something specific to your browser.  Are you running an extension like NoSquint?  Does it change if you use Chrome's zoom (Ctrl-plus and Ctrl-minus) or resize the window?

shwick222

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 07, 2014, 11:37:07 pm »

That was the whole console log from the javascipt console that I could see, I copied it all

My only extension is adblock.

I use chrome to zoom in and out all the time with mousewheel but that doesnt change the chat window position

It's fine I will more than tolerate that for the banlist feature.  I never want to see kondzio again

also the autokick via pro rating isn't working, gamename is "all cards 3++ players"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:47:19 am by shwick222 »

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2014, 01:25:22 am »

That was the whole console log from the javascipt console that I could see, I copied it all

My only extension is adblock.

I use chrome to zoom in and out all the time with mousewheel but that doesnt change the chat window position

It's fine I will more than tolerate that for the banlist feature.  I never want to see kondzio again

Ok, sorry I don't have a fix for you. 

also the autokick via pro rating isn't working, gamename is "all cards 3++ players"

For autokick by rating, change your game name to "all cards 3000+ players".  It'll also recognize "3k+" or "3000-4.2k", but it doesn't understand "3++".

shwick222

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2014, 10:58:13 am »

Ah thanks!

Is there a way to filter by quit% too?

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2014, 11:16:46 am »
+2

With all the problems Goko has, is not a good idea to do that. People get disconnected unwillingly a lot for that number to be significant.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2014, 05:42:12 pm »
+4

With all the problems Goko has, is not a good idea to do that. People get disconnected unwillingly a lot for that number to be significant.

Yes.  For this reason and others, I don't plan to implement autokick by quit percentage.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 72  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.